What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

FrF0n5yXsAM3yYN
when and where was it confirmed that these planes are using the new RD-93'MA' version? So far, all reports seem to suggest block 3 will continue to use the same RD-93.

whats the purpose of wasting money on these parades when country is under such a financial stress?

@SQ8 @JamD

I think the 'munition' of interest for the JF-17 Block-3 (and J-10CE) will be a loyal wingman UCAV. We should closely watch the systems China starts pitching for export. We could potentially see the Dragon Duo (J-10/JF-17) leverage something in the 1-2-ton MTOW category by 2030 IMHO.
Why not considering stealthy Kizilelma for A2A and Anka-3 for A2G?

whats the purpose of wasting money on these parades when country is under such a financial stress?
Normally, under the current circumstances, it would be a waste, and the parade has been cancelled during previous financial hardships.

But this year, in the case of the induction of the Block 3, potential arms sales to countries like Argentina make it worthwhile to show them off.

Normally, under the current circumstances, it would be a waste, and the parade has been cancelled during previous financial hardships.

But this year, in the case of the induction of the Block 3, potential arms sales to countries like Argentina make it worthwhile to show them off.
The Argentina deal is directly with China if you go by all the media coverage. They plan to build a factory similar to the jf-17 factory in Pakistan. If you truly want to market your jet, you go to airshows to do that.

when and where was it confirmed that these planes are using the new RD-93'MA' version? So far, all reports seem to suggest block 3 will continue to use the same RD-93.
At this point it wouldn’t make sense to induct a new engine from Russia. If a new engine is to be used on the JF-17, IMHO, we might as well wait till the WS-19/21 reaches maturity to delivers a significant increase in thrust over what the difference between the Rd-93MA vs. the current RD-93

The Argentina deal is directly with China if you go by all the media coverage. They plan to build a factory similar to the jf-17 factory in Pakistan. If you truly want to market your jet, you go to airshows to do that.
We probably need some stock footage before any future air show. Might as well get it flying over Islamabad.

At this point it wouldn’t make sense to induct a new engine from Russia. If a new engine is to be used on the JF-17, IMHO, we might as well wait till the WS-19/21 reaches maturity to delivers a significant increase in thrust over what the difference between the Rd-93MA vs. the current RD-93

We probably need some stock footage before any future air show. Might as well get it flying over Islamabad.
So the parade is get some block 3 clicks? I am sure there are cheaper ways to do that if you are looking for some brochure pictures. My point is that these parades in the modern age are worthless when you are cash starved ... I would be all for it if Pakistan was not. Its just a military and government annual mela to distract the masses.

So the parade is get some block 3 clicks? I am sure there are cheaper ways to do that if you are looking for some brochure pictures. My point is that these parades in the modern age are worthless when you are cash starved ... I would be all for it if Pakistan was not. Its just a military and government annual mela to distract the masses.
Sure there are cheaper ways, and yes it’s basically a mela. I was trying to find a silver lining; flying jets over the diplomatic enclave allows defense attaches from around the world to see the jets without having to be specifically and publicly invited to arms demonstrations. Which could give away who Pakistan is trying to market the jet to. For example, I saw a report the JF-17 is being marketed to the DRC.

Back
Top Bottom