What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

It was never your money you were giving us based on partial payment by Pakistan and rest of the payment for helping you in war on terror. Suddenly your country realized that Afghanistan war is getting over and so was american useless campaign coming to end so they simply stopped providing the hardware.
Again, whatever story you want to tell yourself. I just told you how to get the engines not the soap opera on why you can’t them.

Again, whatever story you want to tell yourself. I just told you how to get the engines not the soap opera on why you can’t them.
You are assuming USA will release choppers and f16 once money is there

I am pretty sure it wont?
Why?
Because india will lobby in congress to block the deal

Yes last deal was blocked on oretext that pakistan should pay but india lobbied that way just because that was an easier way to do so.

If we suddenly have money indian lobbying will switch to "will use against india an ally" mode and that will work too

The release of weapons in 2005-10 were due to usa neesding pakistan in wot and that too happened after persistent denial in 2001-2005 and only happened once USA releaized they wont matter much in wake of india getting mirage 2000 upgraded, a whole ton su30 and opening a MRCA (the deal was approved after india requested for RFI for MRCA)

Now sure indian slow procurement many it took them 10 years instead of 2 years to finalize rafale but thats a different story

Bush even humilated mushi at white house when he mushi pressed him at joint conference he said no..

Dont believe me just watch on you tube

He instead said" i will give 5b in worthless MILITART aid but no f16s"..an aircarft that wasnt a gamw changer anymore anyway

What i have seen here pakistanis think they are important but no they arent..its india why?

Because india is 3 t economy with future of 20-25t economy and front against chinese expansion

Whay does paksitan offer??

Its weird how some overseas claim/pretend to have access to classified information. They may actually have some access due to relatives, relations, colleagues etc. This is something that have been a constant problem and the chinese have rightly raised the issue few times. I guess its because our military and civil elites all like to move their families abroad and have a place to escape, add to it our slippery tongues and loud mouths and alot of classified info leaks to the west. With china and Pakistan relations getting deeper, the west will use these connections to extract more info. The PAF have started to focus on the issue and with time the whole military will have to focus on it.
Just a reminder to those overseas Pakistanis here that spread classified info or disinfo here that u may live abroad but u surely will have relatives here and ur such behavior only puts them in danger.

Its weird how some overseas claim/pretend to have access to classified information. They may actually have some access due to relatives, relations, colleagues etc. This is something that have been a constant problem and the chinese have rightly raised the issue few times. I guess its because our military and civil elites all like to move their families abroad and have a place to escape, add to it our slippery tongues and loud mouths and alot of classified info leaks to the west. With china and Pakistan relations getting deeper, the west will use these connections to extract more info. The PAF have started to focus on the issue and with time the whole military will have to focus on it.
Just a reminder to those overseas Pakistanis here that spread classified info or disinfo here that u may live abroad but u surely will have relatives here and ur such behavior only puts them in danger.
It is also weird how Pakistanis keep claiming that elites are the only ones that are able or want to move abroad. Ignoring all of the statistical evidence that most Pakistanis living and moving abroad came from middle class or poor backgrounds. I guess it helps reinforce the constant victim mentality that plagues the nation and allows them to hide from the reality of the burning ship around them. So long as there is someone to blame they can continue on their ways.

As for classified information, do you want know the number of ordinary middle class employees who gave their best years to NDC, NESCOM and SPD abroad? The answer may surprise you and none of them are compromised nor give away anything that the locals who continue to live in Pakistan don’t squeal away every hour do so.

You are assuming USA will release choppers and f16 once money is there

I am pretty sure it wont?
Why?
Because india will lobby in congress to block the deal

Yes last deal was blocked on oretext that pakistan should pay but india lobbied that way just because that was an easier way to do so.

If we suddenly have money indian lobbying will switch to "will use against india an ally" mode and that will work too

The release of weapons in 2005-10 were due to usa neesding pakistan in wot and that too happened after persistent denial in 2001-2005 and only happened once USA releaized they wont matter much in wake of india getting mirage 2000 upgraded, a whole ton su30 and opening a MRCA (the deal was approved after india requested for RFI for MRCA)

Now sure indian slow procurement many it took them 10 years instead of 2 years to finalize rafale but thats a different story

Bush even humilated mushi at white house when he mushi pressed him at joint conference he said no..

Dont believe me just watch on you tube

He instead said" i will give 5b in worthless MILITART aid but no f16s"..an aircarft that wasnt a gamw changer anymore anyway

What i have seen here pakistanis think they are important but no they arent..its india why?

Because india is 3 t economy with future of 20-25t economy and front against chinese expansion

Whay does paksitan offer??
Yes, they can lobby and block deals even after that so the counter lobbying along with getting the US state to approve it matters.

However, you are correct that if push comes to shove India is a hundred fold more important than Pakistan or Pakistanis will ever be in the future.

It is also weird how Pakistanis keep claiming that elites are the only ones that are able or want to move abroad. Ignoring all of the statistical evidence that most Pakistanis living and moving abroad came from middle class or poor backgrounds. I guess it helps reinforce the constant victim mentality that plagues the nation and allows them to hide from the reality of the burning ship around them. So long as there is someone to blame they can continue on their ways.

As for classified information, do you want know the number of ordinary middle class employees who gave their best years to NDC, NESCOM and SPD abroad? The answer may surprise you and none of them are compromised nor give away anything that the locals who continue to live in Pakistan don’t squeal away every hour do so.

This is not about blaming or pointing fingers, its about the issue at hand. Middle class or poor moving away adds to brain drain but nothing more and helps in form of remittance. When military, bureaucratic and political elites have huge dependencies in foreign countries then it causes problems. The same goes for middle class employees, as the information is compartmentalized. To say none are compromised is arrogant and naive. My point was not to blame elites but to highlight the issue, infact ordinary middle class are as much to be blamed. Its a common mentality in Pakistan, be it elite or poor. Though elites and high ranking ppl can cause more damage because they have access to more classified information.

This is not about blaming or pointing fingers, its about the issue at hand. Middle class or poor moving away adds to brain drain but nothing more and helps in form of remittance. When military, bureaucratic and political elites have huge dependencies in foreign countries then it causes problems. The same goes for middle class employees, as the information is compartmentalized. To say none are compromised is arrogant and naive. My point was not to blame elites but to highlight the issue, infact ordinary middle class are as much to be blamed. Its a common mentality in Pakistan, be it elite or poor. Though elites and high ranking ppl can cause more damage because they have access to more classified information.
So you are suggesting that people just accept making 45000rs as a salary and suck it up regardless of better opportunities?
How much do you make? Did your father build you your house, inherit it? How much did/will he leave you? If you earned 45000 rs and had a child would you be able to sustain a family, provide them with a roof and a future?

Actually earning RS80,000 is not that difficult if you are educated.
I just spent an entire month in 4 different cities.. educated from NUST, FAST & others average 60000 and this crass comment on “not difficult” ignores the millions of others who cannot afford these higher end institutions and instead must toil more… that is “elite” mentality.

If we don't have anything to add to the topic, at-least do not derail for domestic issues. The topic may be transferred to somewhere else. Time to get back to Thunder Block-III discussion. Don't want to enforce thread bans.

Regards,

So you are suggesting that people just accept making 45000rs as a salary and suck it up regardless of better opportunities?
How much do you make? Did your father build you your house, inherit it? How much did/will he leave you? If you earned 45000 rs and had a child would you be able to sustain a family, provide them with a roof and a future?

I think u r misunderstanding my point. I am not against anyone trying to make money or career abroad. Infact i mentioned middle level employees later going abroad are not a big threat because the confidential information is compartmentalized. Its the bigwigs leaving or having dependencies abroad that causes harm. I am sure the bigwigs are not short of money either. I also mentioned how its often the relatives that leak info and puts their relatives that had big mouth in danger. It is an issue and its why the chinese have insisted on more security and scrutiny.

If we don't have anything to add to the topic, at-least do not derail for domestic issues. The topic may be transferred to somewhere else. Time to get back to Thunder Block-III discussion. Don't want to enforce thread bans.

Regards,
Sorry for off topic but it was due to some member spreading disinfo in these threads while giving impression of having inside info while being overseas, which points to info leak and is dangerous. No more off topic posts.
Regards.

Last edited:
@SQ8 has a point re the AH-1Zs. If you look from the US perspective, Bell incurred the costs of building the helos and Pakistan refused to pay for them regardless if it was through our own national funds or coalition support funds.

However, this needs to be premised by the fact that we (public) knows nothing about what actually took place that derailed the delivery. That falls only on the army for their lack of transparency. There are no reports or statements from ispr that I have seen it heard where they say why those helos never made it to Pakistan. We are just assuming PA didnt want to pay for them. Maybe the US blocked their delivery regardless of whether Pakistan was willing to pay out of pocket for them or not? I don't know honestly and everything around the cobras has been guess work.
Engines for T129 has as much to do with punishing Turkey as with US policy towards Pakistan. Only reason they reluctantly approved them for Phillipines is due to the ongoing coldwar with China and the folks in Manila just happen to be reaping the benefits due to their geography atm.
In the meantime Pakistan will continue to receive spares and support for it's existing fleet due to contracts already in place and US not willing to burn bridges completely with Pakistan (and vice versa).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom