What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

I will repeat my speculation:
You might be right and it will be a very heart breaking event, but I still SMASH is something different I hope it will be something based on CM-302/YJ-12 which is believe to have high supersonic speed around 4.5 Mach in terminal phase

HD-1A is shown with 2.2-3.5 max speed.
HD-1A SPECIFICATIONS.jpg

Last edited:
You might be right and it will be a very heart breaking event, but I still SMASH is something different I hope it will be something based on CM-302/YJ-12 which is believe to have high supersonic speed around 4.5 Mach in terminal phase

HD-1A is shown with 2.5-3.5 max speed.
I don't think there's anything heartbreaking about it. It's a new capability. Very exciting IMHO.

HD-1A is shown with 2.5-3.5 max speed.
AZM-Air-Breathing-Missile-768x424.jpg

Due to this pic,I still have hope that SMAsh will be something different from HD 1A.
HD cruises at altitude of 15 km which is not acceptable for a cruise missile although at terminal stage its altitude is 5-10m but still.
we don't want HD 1A man

HD-1A is shown with 2.2-3.5 max speed.
View attachment 781649

Well, lets assume the situation like defence procurement of China from Russia. It has home based tech, equipment, everything but still it keeps buying something every now & then. Given the strategical relations and so for the support at homebased equipment; such kind of shopping becomes must sometimes. There is no free lunch indeed but when it comes between countries like China & Pakistan; the menu gets more delicious for the discount rate which is not available to other diners. SMASH & HD-1A will remain different points of interests for me, if you ask.

May be, and I am saying may be, we are bringing some tech at home while the existing project is growing and this package is gonna help in many ways. From insight to support to cooperation to filling the gape and above all; getting familiar with modern tech in this regard. I know very well that someone like you is well aware that modern weapons are not some sort of pick & shoot things. So, IMO if this addition is targeted at intended customer like PAF; I am sure there are reasons to go that way. Also, we will agree that Pakistan & China are not sort of militaries to reveal the secrets of trade to everyone.

Who knows what's going on behind the curtains. For example, you need to keep the heat off your back especially since US been shouting given the concerns about untold CPEC dealings. They were actually indicating the all out military support to Pakistan and if they had any chance (even though they had on some points and tried to put a huge dent as well), they would use IMF to make a mince out of Pakistan economy. I feel that there are many projects or could be so kept off the screen for many reasons including the instant one.

Buy a suitable number of a weapon X, the seller is happy and ready to cooperate, disassemble the one you purchased and start playing with it for the final version of your home grown solution. However, it gives me a vibe that Pakistan has progressed a lot for a homegrown SMASH solution as revealed by CNS and this supposed purchase along with support, might lead to finality of product, start testing and induct as per time frame.
View attachment 781644

JF17 with dual racks.

Whats in center line pylon ?

Please avoid posting CGIs or some gameplay footage. We have a dedicated DCS World thread for JF-17.

Regards,
its clearly shown with Mirage Jet and JF-17 model ....
sharp sword and and other flying wing model are shown separately with different set of weapon package ....
View attachment 781583

Interesting that they demonstrates HD-1A only with platforms in use of PAF - Thunder & Mirage. Surprisingly, Hongda Blasting didn't targets PLAAF or PLAN as a customer. Just saying due to the notion as discussed above.

I am not sure why americans & chinese didnt pursue Ramjet AAM...they perferred pulse rocket engines..there are reasons to do so
I think it has to do with launch parameters...if a jet is going to shoot a missile in hi hi(high altitude high speed) imparting the most amount of KE...then depending on how high the jet is while shooting the missile...the atmosphere may be too thin for a Ramjet engine to function as intended.
So it could be that a Ramjet may put an upper limit on the launch altitude...which in turn lowers the amount of KE to begin with.

In contrast an AAM that carries all it's fuel internally(instead of using Ramjet) like for example PL15 or AIM120...there would be no such limit...if anything a thinner atmosphere means less air resistance...and that's even more favorable.

P.S. I'm no expert...just speculating.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom