What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

this TOOTI look ugly to me sir :hitwall:

View attachment 771816

Many aircraft have it, i think it's an intake to keep some gadgets cool .

1629561857153.png

This one is surely better than pushto movies.. @Imran Khan

That hud is huge

do I see a different helmet?

landing gear is surely longer

under inlet mouth there is an attachment

no pitot tubes

View attachment 771807

For someone who doesn't know why there's "white smoke" when an aircraft lands, it's best to think twice about making claims. The HUD is now a holographic version, similar to J-10. It was already confirmed that it will have a dedicated LDP hardpoint under the starboard intake. The second prototype already showed a different distributed air data system, with smaller pitot tubes (they're on the port side of the nose). There was meant to be a HMS. All of this isn't anything new. There was never any mention from CAC or the PAF about longer landing gear.
I will write about it once higher res is available. Aspect ratio is not the same. Its not a new block, its a new plane.

There was speculation it could use the larger wing from the B model, but nothing confirmed.

Brother, thats the first blk 3 prototype. Can you please compare against the latest pic we got today? Thanks

And why should a new comparison with a new more event image be more relevant when it is again based on the same prototype??

I will write about it once higher res is available. Aspect ratio is not the same. Its not a new block, its a new plane.

Really? IMO there is no major external change …

There was speculation it could use the larger wing from the B model, but nothing confirmed.

Again such a rumour … but is the B‘s wing really bigger or different in any way? I remember an image from top-view showing a single seater and a B side by side and at least IMO there was no difference at least not a wider span, a wider chord or again any major increase.

Last edited:
For someone who doesn't know why there's "white smoke" when an aircraft lands, it's best to think twice about making claims. The HUD is now a holographic version, similar to J-10. It was already confirmed that it will have a dedicated LDP hardpoint under the starboard intake. The second prototype already showed a different distributed air data system, with smaller pitot tubes (they're on the port side of the nose). There was meant to be a HMS. All of this isn't anything new. There was never any mention from CAC or the PAF about longer landing gear.

For someone who lacks manners and thinks of himself the all knowing wisdom, it's best not to quote me. "Humor" is beyond the likes of you.

@The Eagle @waz

Whoever said it was meant to have a side antenna?

Not sure who said it. But my question was, where are the side antennas......and if it's not suppose to have them, how does it complete the 360 degree coverage?

Its delta variant of jf 17 like delta variant of covid I guess

Not sure who said it. But my question was, where are the side antennas......and if it's not suppose to have them, how does it complete the 360 degree coverage?

I'm not sure where you got this idea it's meant to have side antennas for 360 degree coverage? It's not a fifth gen aircraft. Datalink with AWACS and ground based radar coverage will provide all round SA.

Back
Top Bottom