What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

how it be prove that it can fly with 12 missile all you guys posted just it will be the missiles truck for f-22 and 8 AAMs per jets is more than enough for the enemy
The nimble F 18 is carrying 12 AAM, compare to it F15-ex is a beast
1612356014671.png

F15-ex loadout will look like this
1612356178915.png

The reason for carrying so much AAM is to conduct joint strikes with f-35, where f-35 can get close to the target with limited AAM and share information with f15-ex to neutralize them
1612356465272.png

I have a configuration questions if we use dual racks what would be the load out In an air superiority configuration:

will it be
Chin jammer
Chin sniper or irst pod like sniper
Centerline - fuel tank
Wing tips short range pl-10e each
Wing Outer pylon two pl-15 each =4
Wing inner pylon two pl-15 each = 4

= 10 missiles

Or will it be
Chin jammer
Chin equivalent of sniper pod or irst
Centerline - fuel tank
Wing Outer pylon one pl-15 each
Wing inner pylon one pl-15 each

6 missiles

or final one with a complete missile mix/

Or will it be
Chin jammer
Chin equivalent of sniper pod or irst
Centerline - fuel tank
Wing Outer pylon two pl-1each
Wing inner pylon one pl-15 each

this would be 8 missiles

What do you think would be the possible load outs ?

k
No fuel capacity

4 BVR load up will depend upon fuel capacity

Bhai i have a question about the (probably confirmed) increment in thrust of RD93MA. If we look at the RD33 to RD33MK which powers the mig35 there's a 7% increase in thrust. Now if we look at the rd33 series to rd93 the engine was 1st tweaked to increase the thrust to power the block 1,2 and bravo thus decreasing the life to RD93 from 4000 to 2000hrs. Now the questions which i wanna ask are
1. Is the figure 15% confirmed comparing it with the increase in the rd33MA series is only 7%?
2. How logical is the 15% increase in thrust as the already modified engine is now again undergoing modifications to power the block 3.
3. Rd93 has life of 2000hrs. Will the conversion to MA further decrease the life of engine?
Bhai koi mjhay bhi jawab dydy?.

Limited endurance in this configuration

The only way jf17 is going to carry morr BVRs if it gets a new engine and CFTs
yea I agree for limited endurance, but I think inflight refueling will be usable here.

Not good at calculating the load since don't have much about PL-15 along with flight parameters; I think configuration may be like 2 PL-15s at a time along with 3 Drop Tanks, given its weight/Size. However, 4 PL-15s could the best configuration given its range that will require only 1 centerline drop tank but that has to be seen.

this sounds realistic 6 missiles than

4 pl-15 and 2 pl-10e = 6
1 fuel tank
Jammer pod on chin
Irst probe on the other chin

this would be AIr defence role. Hot scramble situation

for regular CAS do you see it carrying pl-12 to save on gas, as the pl-12 would be lighter

2 pl-15 long range 100 km (assumed no escape zone)
2-4 pl-12 with or without dual racks medium range 40 kms ( No escape zone)
2 pl-10 e short range 10 km ( no escape zone)

Secondly do CAs aircraft connect with refulers on a regular basis to extend on station time. Pakistan does only have 3 -4 tankers and may not be flying these all the time ?

k

this sounds realistic 6 missiles than

4 pl-15 and 2 pl-10e = 6
1 fuel tank
Jammer pod on chin
Irst probe on the other chin

this would be AIr defence role. Hot scramble situation

for regular CAS do you see it carrying pl-12 to save on gas, as the pl-12 would be lighter

2 pl-15 long range 100 km (assumed no escape zone)
2-4 pl-12 with or without dual racks medium range 40 kms ( No escape zone)
2 pl-10 e short range 10 km ( no escape zone)

Secondly do CAs aircraft connect with refulers on a regular basis to extend on station time. Pakistan does only have 3 -4 tankers and may not be flying these all the time ?

k
6 AAM is a very realistic number,

now getting bit theoratical, no body is stopping PAF to implement buddy refuling, 3-4 oil tankers is not a problem here
1612362833302.png

Not on regular basis except for training time to time.

The nimble F 18 is carrying 12 AAM, compare to it F15-ex is a beast
View attachment 713169
F15-ex loadout will look like this
View attachment 713171

The reason for carrying so much AAM is to conduct joint strikes with f-35, where f-35 can get close to the target with limited AAM and share information with f15-ex to neutralize them
View attachment 713172
Lol 24 missiles or 30,000 lbs payload is not possible, thrust to weight ratio for flight, f-15 has a engine thrust of 29000 lbs, calculate thrust to weight ratio, MAX OF THE JET/MAX THRUST OF ENGINE*MAX PAYLOAD IN LBS

and its just a marketing stunt, with his payload F-15EX can only able to taxing on the tarmac, if its able to fly than its have much less range and endurance
What can i say, old f-15 were able to fly without a wing and that was not even marketed. F-15 ex is a beast compared to them

Back
Top Bottom