What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

it is due to the angle of the aircraft parked, just check the cockpit frames and you will notice blk III is more sideways then the other hence the intake.
I know what you are saying, it might be influencing the angle of the inlet to some extent but not the size of the bump. Compare the two bumps in regards to the placement in respect to cockpit, specifically the leading edge of the bumps.

With how much certainty one can say Dual Ejectors are coming with Blk 3?

Little bit off track but Why PAF never acquired GB-6 glide bomb for JF-17?

As per Wikipedia and other publicly available media the jf-17 block 1-2 are being built using an aluminum alloy. This reduces the life of each jf-17 to about 4000 hours as opposed to f-16 block 50s 8000 hours due to use of composites. I would appreciate if folks can answer a few questions

1) how true is this and with the increase in use of composites in block 3 extended the life to say 6000 hours ?

2) can we increase the life of our jf-17 block 1-2 jets by overhaul

3) if the life of these jests is increased can we conduct jf-17 diplomacy by gifting older block 1 units to Bangladesh and Afghanistan, srilanka etc as we did with f-6 and older f-7 s? This might enable us to sell newer units to African and other south Asian countries?

k
1) yes composite makes its life longer

2) yes we are doing same for our Mirages since ages

3) we offer Block-1 to Sri lanka few years back but due to pressure from India the deal fell through and Bangladesh is in Indian side so its not possible to sell block-1-2 to Bangladesh because if sell it to them there will be chance that India will take a look into block-1-2 and develop tactics against it, and forget Afghanistan they have no $$$ to buy anything and if we will try to sell it their is same scenario as of Bangladesh case (espionage by west)
With how much certainty one can say Dual Ejectors are coming with Blk 3?

Little bit off track but Why PAF never acquired GB-6 glide bomb for JF-17?
Dual ejectors racks are optional for block-3, in dual ejector rack 2 bombs or missiles can create lots of drag

I know they are optional. I am asking are they coming or not?

And how Jeff is planning to last longer in the air with two SD-10s?
Bhai its optional, if we have the capability of installing dual racks on block-1 and 2 so why you think we haven't that capability to install dual racks on Block-3???

with dual racks performance is degrades of all JEFF versions because of drag (speed/range/endurance/extra weights etc etc) because of higher fuel consumptions because of extra drag from extra weapon payloads

Bhai its optional, if we have the capability of installing dual racks on block-1 and 2 so why you think we haven't that capability to install dual racks on Block-3???

with dual racks performance is degrades of all JEFF versions because of drag (speed/range/endurance/extra weights etc etc) because of higher fuel consumptions because of extra drag from extra weapon payloads

I know it's optional.

What I am asking is Is PAF is going to choose that option and make it standard for Blk 3 or not ?

I know it's optional.

I know it's optional.

What I am asking is Is PAF is going to choose that option and make it standard for Blk 3 or not ?

I know it's optional.
Lol, will standard block-3 carry dual all time ( in peace time) than i think its not the case but in case of major WAR with the enemy then may be it will become necessary, and please define your STANDARD TERM for BLK-3

Pakistan must be using Composite material/Carbon Fiber/Advance Polymer to make JF-17 block 3 stronger and to reduce weight.

Bhai i have a question about the (probably confirmed) increment in thrust of RD93MA. If we look at the RD33 to RD33MK which powers the mig35 there's a 7% increase in thrust. Now if we look at the rd33 series to rd93 the engine was 1st tweaked to increase the thrust to power the block 1,2 and bravo thus decreasing the life to RD93 from 4000 to 2000hrs. Now the questions which i wanna ask are
1. Is the figure 15% confirmed comparing it with the increase in the rd33MA series is only 7%?
2. How logical is the 15% increase in thrust as the already modified engine is now again undergoing modifications to power the block 3.
3. Rd93 has life of 2000hrs. Will the conversion to MA further decrease the life of engine?

Lol, will standard block-3 carry dual all time ( in peace time) than i think its not the case but in case of major WAR with the enemy then may be it will become necessary, and please define your STANDARD TERM for BLK-3
We don't have tech to produce a standard class mettle for our tanks yet and u are talking about composite ..lol agly 100 sall bhi nhi

Back
Top Bottom