What's new

J-XY - maybe J-35 - next generation carrier-borne fighter

Thank you ...

Any way what a reliable or realistic guess when we will be told what type was chosen?

Cross-post from SDF

Does anybody know if the blogger "pb19980515" is a reliable insider or poster? Does he have a track record of giving relatively credible information?

He apparently divulged some information regarding the PLAN's next-generation carrier-based fighter & KJ-600.

From an October 2017 post:
两年 ,又是各种惊喜,什么固定翼舰载预警机 弹射航母 四代舰载机(19年底有可能首飞)都是这两年,18 19 两个好年份。
He thinks that the carrier-based 5th gen fighter might fly by the end of 2019.

A more recent claim that the KJ-600 will fly in approximately in a year or so:
舰载预警机这两年飞(一年多点)。

Something regarding the J-20 and its network centric warfare capabilities (can somebody translate this portion accurately?):
主要是歼20上的信息感知和数据共享能力(这一块代表了新的空战战术理念 需要长期的空战演练和技术改进 )。

Another recent claim that the carrier-based 5th generation fighter will fly these two years (2018 and 2019, presumably):
四代舰载机也是这两年飞。

Anybody know this guy? Or provide a more accurate translation of the below thread (where the information comes from)?
https://lt.cjdby.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2416270

no pb is not "reliable"````he just works on AC and collecting data, and sometimes be gone for few months on high seas without popping up in any domestic forums```````:lol:

no pb is not "reliable"````he just works on AC and collecting data, and sometimes be gone for few months on high seas without popping up in any domestic forums```````:lol:

To be frank that's a pretty credible location (on the high seas, collecting data) to get gossip & "leaks" from the higher-ups.

Cross-post from SDF

Does anybody know if the blogger "pb19980515" is a reliable insider or poster? Does he have a track record of giving relatively credible information?

He apparently divulged some information regarding the PLAN's next-generation carrier-based fighter & KJ-600.

From an October 2017 post:

He thinks that the carrier-based 5th gen fighter might fly by the end of 2019.

A more recent claim that the KJ-600 will fly in approximately in a year or so:

Something regarding the J-20 and its network centric warfare capabilities (can somebody translate this portion accurately?):

Another recent claim that the carrier-based 5th generation fighter will fly these two years (2018 and 2019, presumably):

Anybody know this guy? Or provide a more accurate translation of the below thread (where the information comes from)?
https://lt.cjdby.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2416270

frankly too much speculation. of course a carrier base 5th gen fighter to be ready in 2 years would have to be the J-31 but I have my doubts.

frankly too much speculation. of course a carrier base 5th gen fighter to be ready in 2 years would have to be the J-31 but I have my doubts.

He is allegedly on the J-15 data collection team and has made semi-accurate predictions in the past. Maybe he's privy to information that others wouldn't know.

Could be a J-20 navy version.

Highly unlikely, at least according to open opinion. There is also no hint or evidence of a naval J-20 under development whereas there is of a FC-31-based carrier variant.

Highly unlikely, at least according to open opinion. There is also no hint or evidence of a naval J-20 under development whereas there is of a FC-31-based carrier variant.

I'm curious. Can J-20 converted to a carrier based fighter? If it can, what does J-20 need to do so?

I'm curious. Can J-20 converted to a carrier based fighter? If it can, what does J-20 need to do so?

Sure, it can, but it doesn't mean it'll be effective (or more so than the FC-31) at the job, which will require low-speed handling abilities. They would need to increase its wingspan, possibly make modifications to the location of the canards (requiring essentially a complete airframe redesign), add catapult-capable landing gear, and folding wings.

Sure, it can, but it doesn't mean it'll be effective (or more so than the FC-31) at the job, which will require low-speed handling abilities. They would need to increase its wingspan, possibly make modifications to the location of the canards (requiring essentially a complete airframe redesign), add catapult-capable landing gear, and folding wings.

Even if I agree with you, exactly the same changes will be required for any naval capable FC-31.... so if it fits better, if these changes are less demanding and the result is then easier to archive than converting a J-20 remains to be seen. And if that alleged FC-31V3 is indeed even enlarged, it it is even more a new aircraft; at least more than a J-20-based design.

Deino

Even if I agree with you, exactly the same changes will be required for any naval capable FC-31.... so if it fits better, if these changes are less demanding and the result is then easier to archive than converting a J-20 remains to be seen. And if that alleged FC-31V3 is indeed even enlarged, it it is even more a new aircraft; at least more than a J-20-based design.

Deino

The J-20's aerodynamic layout (I'm not an expert on this but this seems to be the opinion of many Chinese observers) is what differentiates the J-20 from the FC-31 when it comes to potential carrier use, yes, both will need to be modified. A larger FC-31 variant would be no more a "new version" than the F-35C is of the F-35A; we are not talking about enlarging the entire airframe but rather the wings so that it can give more lift during carrier takeoff.

There is no such thing as J-31 on China's future CV, actually there is no such thing as J-31 since PLA still refuse to fund or officially support this SAC's failed attemp at 5gen fighter.

Btw, there are rumors that the CCP/PLA become so disappointment about SAC to the degree they want to setup a new fighter manufaturer elsewhere, and by putting Yang Wei at a higher position (standing memeber of central committe) than the leader of AVIC also show the rumor could has some creditablity.

So far, A modified J-20 is possible, but NAVY may want their own type of stealth fighter as well.

what do you say about the hidden CAC another 5th gen fighter ..... what was its name j-14 or something like that ?????

My understanding is that the PLAN wants a medium-sized heavyweight 5th generation fighter, and the contenders are 601 and 611. The 601 institute is presenting a navalized 3.0 version of the FC-31 while we don't know what 611 is developing.

How close is this to the information you have?

Do we have any updates on the PLAN 5th generation fighter program? I've been hearing that it's a competition between SAC & CAC (FC-31 vs a J-20 variant?). When can we expect the results to come out?

wasn't it FC-31 vs j-14 ????

senyang-j-14.jpg
j-14-image1.jpg

chinese-f14-1.jpeg

What is J-14, is it real?

As per the chinese web site and as I understood from the google translate .... this is supposed to be the CAC candidate of medium class 5th gen fighter .... I do not know .... this what I am asking ???

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom