What's new

ISPR song reveals position of Indian Submarine detected off Karachi

Because you can't. Short of having your entire coastline embargoed. There goes your CPEC drama.

India is building a blue water navy and it's only gonna grow as Indian economy and military might grows. Learn to live under its shadow. Grin and bear it.

And let me add; India will use Indian Navy to completely ensure that your little CPEC is reduced to a mere toy.

So there you are. Live with it.
Bet that teeny ego of yours had fun, now get lost with your pitiful condescending bullshit and let some constructive discussions happen.

Perhaps because it was not an Indian submarine at all, in the first place. Second, because in peacetime, even if a foreign vessel of war is detected within territorial waters, there is no question of an outright attack without any provocation. At worst, the offending vessel may be warned and asked to leave, or to face the consequences.

In this case, there is nothing to say that the object on radar was an Indian submarine. It is also strange that 'on being detected', the submarine moved away. How did it know it had been detected?
The sub was detected 300 Km out at sea which is Pakistan's EEZ but not territorial waters and ll ships civil or military can make safe passage, i.e by not indulging in military or economic activities, just sail through the sea.
Thats why the Sub was not Intercepted or in any way physically stopped, but the Drone or navy Helicopter shadowing it must have been visible on its Periscope and other sensors. Thats how it knew its being watched by PN and turned away despite initially heading towards Pakistani territorial sea.

Perhaps because it was not an Indian submarine at all, in the first place. Second, because in peacetime, even if a foreign vessel of war is detected within territorial waters, there is no question of an outright attack without any provocation. At worst, the offending vessel may be warned and asked to leave, or to face the consequences.

In this case, there is nothing to say that the object on radar was an Indian submarine. It is also strange that 'on being detected', the submarine moved away. How did it know it had been detected?
It was an Indian Submarine - specifically a Kilo and it wasn't as much forced as it was caught being noisy by a sensor net.
As any submariner will tell you, the second you are buzzed by a ASW aircraft or you hear the ping of an active sonar from a ship you know its time to run.

So the rules change if the vehicle is in the air?

Atlantic was an unarmed plane but was shot down by India.
we could and we would in our water. when ever we think that the wreckage will be found in our waters, we will do it.

we could and we would in our water. when ever we think that the wreckage will be found in our waters, we will do it.
Tough words, not sure you will back them with action though

The sub was detected 300 Km out at sea which is Pakistan's EEZ but not territorial waters and ll ships civil or military can make safe passage, i.e by not indulging in military or economic activities, just sail through the sea.
Thats why the Sub was not Intercepted or in any way physically stopped, but the Drone or navy Helicopter shadowing it must have been visible on its Periscope and other sensors. Thats how it knew its being watched by PN and turned away despite initially heading towards Pakistani territorial sea.

I think that sounds reasonable.

It was an Indian Submarine - specifically a Kilo and it wasn't as much forced as it was caught being noisy by a sensor net.
As any submariner will tell you, the second you are buzzed by a ASW aircraft or you hear the ping of an active sonar from a ship you know its time to run.

I really wanted to know if submarines can detect that they've been spotted on radar. It is commonplace on planes; do subs have that equipment? Visual detection of an ASW aircraft or being pinged are of course warning signals.

I don't think that was a reasonable answer, and I don't think that would be a reasonable action.

The Atlantique was shot down in Indian airspace. It was not the first incident of an unarmed plane in violation of airspace being shot down, and it was, all said and done, in military markings.

In 65, a civilian aircraft, carrying the then Gujarat Chief Minister and his entourage, was shot down in Indian airspace. Admittedly it was during hostilities, but the pilot tried to signal the Pakistani pilot by waggling his wings. However, under instructions from ground control, the Pakistani pilot attacked and brought the plane down.

Please do not quote examples that have no bearing on the present situation. Even now, aircraft violating the other country's air space are warned, not shot down. This bloodthirsty approach of yours is quite barbaric.

So the rules change if the vehicle is in the air?

No; they would be identical.

if you want 'shot it' you need time machine because it was past but Madrasa man never understand science or technology, so gazi bno, jihadI bno, terrorist bno, hindu ko maro, sikho ko maro, Christian ko maro or sab se jida Muslims ko maro jo ke tum log Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Myanmar, Libya main kar rhe ho, janat main jao es beautiful dunia ko kyu khrab kar rhye ho, your life start after death why are you living?
You are the biggest terrorist nation of the world:blah: no one safe in India except higher cast Hindus, you also have a long history to interfere to your all neighbors with terrorism and deceptions, you are reported for your troll:argh::blah:

I think that sounds reasonable.

I really wanted to know if submarines can detect that they've been spotted on radar. It is commonplace on planes; do subs have that equipment? Visual detection of an ASW aircraft or being pinged are of course warning signals.

I don't think that was a reasonable answer, and I don't think that would be a reasonable action.

The Atlantique was shot down in Indian airspace. It was not the first incident of an unarmed plane in violation of airspace being shot down, and it was, all said and done, in military markings.

In 65, a civilian aircraft, carrying the then Gujarat Chief Minister and his entourage, was shot down in Indian airspace. Admittedly it was during hostilities, but the pilot tried to signal the Pakistani pilot by waggling his wings. However, under instructions from ground control, the Pakistani pilot attacked and brought the plane down.

Please do not quote examples that have no bearing on the present situation. Even now, aircraft violating the other country's air space are warned, not shot down. This bloodthirsty approach of yours is quite barbaric.

No; they would be identical.
Sir, I was unaware of this attack, can you please some relevant material for study purpose. I will try on my own too. Thank you.

Sir, I was unaware of this attack, can you please some relevant material for study purpose. I will try on my own too. Thank you.

You mean the Gujarat incident? Please clarify. If it was that, there was a very touching letter from the Pakistani pilot involved, expressing his condolences to the daughter of the Chief Minister, explaining that under military discipline, he had no choice.

That visible part was half the question?

Now I am thoroughly confused. Can you please recap? I'm kind of lost in the thread.

You are the biggest terrorist nation of the world:blah: no one safe in India except higher cast Hindus, you also have a long history to interfere to your all neighbors with terrorism and deceptions, you are reported for your troll:argh::blah:
hmm india is biggest terr nation because Pakistani Madrasa man asked, anyway plz answer my qas

Farida is an unusual name for a Hindu lady.

Cheers, Doc

Thanks for the hint, Doc; I hadn't read it on Wikipedia, so didn't know what that article said. Still without having read it, this is to recall that the unfortunate Beechcraft pilot was a Bawaji, and Farida was probably his daughter.

Very subtle of you :P

I'll go read the dratted Wiki thingummy now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom