What's new

Isn’t ‘Illegal Bangladeshi’ Racist Shorthand For Bengali Speaking Muslims In Assam

They borrowed so much from Bengali yet hate it that much. Its like a bastard child hating the real daddy.

There's a misunderstanding here.

In the first section, he is speaking Assamese to his fellow-Assamese. In the second, he is speaking an east Bengali dialect to an imagined east Bengali audience.

Assamese is actually a dialect of Bengali. They wanted to distinguish themselves from Bengalis and demanded official recognition of Assamese language so that their position could be strengthen in the Indian Union but guess what, their position is unchanged!

A piece of advice: it's OK to be ignorant, but why publish the proof?

That's funny, I can distinguish Assamese from Bengali even if don't know any of these two languages.

And quite right.

The previous post was worthless.

Don't undermine BD country, look at your own malnourished people who have no toilet facilities, when

You can't cut no one up. Your men are kicked around in the bazaar if they try to get out of place, especially during ramadan time. Your women are crack babies with disgusting nose piercings.

That is disgusting ethnic hate.

Last edited:
They borrowed so much from Bengali yet hate it that much. Its like a bastard child hating the real daddy.

Poor you....you have difficulties understanding Sylheti. I wrote it in Sylheti for the Bangals to understand what I said. Assamese is something you would find difficult to understand. Just because the alphabets are "Siddham" in origin doesn't mean the languages are....BTW let me reiterate it in Asomiya....."johonitjuwa hot tuhotok jodi oxomot dekha pau pukoredi nesasa bhuluka baah humuwam"..buji pali.

lol you have never even heard assamese .. it is derived from prakrit, has same root as bangla but assamese has tibeto-burman influence..

Actually I do know Assamese a bit, moi Oxomia jani. I've met a number of Assamese people here in Bangladesh.

Even Chittagongian has some Tibeto-Burman influences but still it's considered a dialect of Bengali and rightly so.

Assamese doesn't even have its own script and has to borrow Bengali script.

we don't demand official recognition it already has official recognition

And when did I say that Assamese is not an official language of India? But the official recognition was not there from the beginning, you got that recognition only after demanding it.

A piece of advice: it's OK to be ignorant, but why publish the proof?

And which part of the post shows ignorance? Wasn't Assamese considered a dialect of Bengali until it got the official recognition when the Assam Official Language Act, 1960 came into force?

And when did I say that Assamese is not an official language of India? But the official recognition was not there from the beginning, you got that recognition only after demanding it.

Don't distribute wisdom, Assamese have official language of India status since the time of independence. ;)

Actually I do know Assamese a bit, moi Oxomia jani. I've met a number of Assamese people here in Bangladesh.

Even Chittagongian has some Tibeto-Burman influences but still it's considered a dialect of Bengali and rightly so.

And which part of the post shows ignorance? Wasn't Assamese considered a dialect of Bengali until it got the official recognition when the Assam Official Language Act, 1960 came into force?

Let me correct you...Moi oxomiya jani....nohoi ..Moi oxomoiya janu. BTW do some research on the origin on scripts....Bengali and Assamese both originated from Siddham...
Siddhaṃ alphabet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As somebody mentioned...there is nothing wrong to be a fool...but making it a public spectacle is even foolish.

Let me correct you...Moi oxomiya jani....nohoi ..Moi oxomoiya janu.

Thanks for correcting me!

BTW do some research on the origin on scripts....Bengali and Assamese both originated from Siddham...

And how does it refute my statement? You are rather proving that Bengali and Assamese are actually same.

As somebody mentioned...there is nothing wrong to be a fool...but making it a public spectacle is even foolish.

Don't know who mentioned it but the liner is more applicable to you.

@jaunty you should be watching theory, new Bangladeshi theory about Assamese language. :omghaha::omghaha:

@halupridol khel salooo , half time ot paak eta maei dilu aru .. bahu din pasot online ahisoo

And how does it refute my statement? You are rather proving that Bengali and Assamese are actually same.

No you with @iajdani stated that assamese is a dialect/derivative of bangla, which is not true , both developed independently, but from same origin

Last edited:

<sigh>

Which part do I single out?

The same Brahmi-derived script is used for several languages, and was a common alternative to the Nagari version that is now used for Hindi, as far back as the eleventh century at least, although this script or a predecessor has been used for the Kamarupa Inscriptions as far back as the 7th century. It was used for Bengali, Assamese and, in later years, for variations found in Manipur. The script was in no way connected organically with the language Bengali, until as late as the 18th century, and the centralisation which happened as a consequence of British research into the language. Iswarchandra Vidyasagar's name is associated with this adoption of the script for Bengali as a standard, but it is possible that the general direction was set by the Fort William College and the first researches into Bengali by scholars from that college, assisted by Sanskrit scholars.

The Sanskritisation of Bengali and the purging of Persian words that took place then is a separate matter; this misunderstanding of the British, guided by Sanskrit-oriented pundits, led to the reaction known as Muhammedan Bengali, or Mussulman Bengali, which existed earlier but not in particularly widespread a form.

That is for the script. For the language, what we need to know is that all these eastern languages were derivatives of 'eastern' Prakrit, or Magadhi Prakrit, which was the Prakrit that was taught to newcomers to the language. In contrast, Gujarati, Rajasthani, Marathi, Punjabi and other western languages of the Indo-Aryan family were derived from 'western' Prakrit, or Suraseni. Assamese drew apart and achieved linguistic autonomy as far back as the 7th century.

Thirdly, the impression conveyed that until recent years, Bengali itself was one large, happy family is an egregious myth. Magadhi Prakrit itself split into perhaps four parts, of which one was the predecessor of modern-day Assamese, right at the outset, perhaps as much as a millennium ago, but probably around the time of the Bhakti movement in BengalThree of these splits coalesced into modern-day Bengali. The fourth was used as a foundation for modern-day Assamese.

A request: please leave your language chauvinism parked somewhere before getting on to this forum. Some of these interventions are crass. They are humiliating for other Bengalis to read.

This note is from memory, and dates are approximate.

It was coined for you, it fits you, wear it.

Last edited:
Let me correct you...Moi oxomiya jani....nohoi ..Moi oxomoiya janu. BTW do some research on the origin on scripts....Bengali and Assamese both originated from Siddham...

You guys demand that you from China, and suddenly chinese started using Pakrit (Bengali actually :)) .. Dont you think you contradict yourself? How did you loose your original language. We dont understand Bodo. Can we? NO. Can we understand Mizo? NO. Can we understand Nagas? No. But we understand Assamese.. Why? Because its Bengali.. :)

<sigh>

Which part do I single out?

The same Brahmi-derived script is used for several languages, and was a common alternative to the Nagari version that is now used for Hindi, as far back as the eleventh century at least, although this script or a predecessor has been used for the Kamarupa Inscriptions as far back as the 7th century. It was used for Bengali, Assamese and, in later years, for variations found in Manipur. The script was in no way connected organically with the language Bengali, until as late as the 18th century, and the centralisation which happened as a consequence of British research into the language. Iswarchandra Vidyasagar's name is associated with this adoption of the script for Bengali as a standard, but it is possible that the general direction was set by the Fort William College and the first researches into Bengali by scholars from that college, assisted by Sanskrit scholars.

The Sanskritisation of Bengali and the purging of Persian words that took place then is a separate matter; this misunderstanding of the British, guided by Sanskrit-oriented pundits, led to the reaction known as Muhammedan Bengali, or Mussulman Bengali, which existed earlier but not in particularly widespread a form.

That is for the script. For the language, what we need to know is that all these eastern languages were derivatives of 'eastern' Prakrit, or Magadhi Prakrit, which was the Prakrit that was taught to newcomers to the language. In contrast, Gujarati, Rajasthani, Marathi, Punjabi and other western languages of the Indo-Aryan family were derived from 'western' Prakrit, or Suraseni. Assamese drew apart and achieved linguistic autonomy as far back as the 7th century.

Thirdly, the impression conveyed that until recent years, Bengali itself was one large, happy family is an egregious myth. Magadhi Prakrit itself split into perhaps four parts, of which one was the predecessor of modern-day Assamese, right at the outset, perhaps as much as a millennium ago, but probably around the time of the Bhakti movement in BengalThree of these splits coalesced into modern-day Bengali. The fourth was used as a foundation for modern-day Assamese.

A request: please leave your language chauvinism parked somewhere before getting on to this forum. Some of these interventions are crass. They are humiliating for other Bengalis to read.

This note is from memory, and dates are approximate.

It was coined for you, it fits you, wear it.

Yu can say 100 different things. Even Chittagonian is a language or even Sylheti is a language itself. But end of the day they are all dialect of Bengali including Assamese.

You guys demand that you from China, and suddenly chinese started using Pakrit (Bengali actually :)) .. Dont you think you contradict yourself? How did you loose your original language. We dont understand Bodo. Can we? NO. Can we understand Mizo? NO. Can we understand Nagas? No. But we understand Assamese.. Why? Because its Bengali.. :)

@Jayanta

Suddenly now, the Ahom is from China! I presume so, I think this bozo, who can be quite a normal, humorous poster at his best, seems to have kicked over the traces, and seems to equate Tibeto-Burmese origins of the Shan language and Shan ethnicity with Chinese.

There's nothing as dumb and ego-centric as a Bengali babu, or the imitation that they mass-produce for export in Bangladesh.

Yu can say 100 different things. Even Chittagonian is a language or even Sylheti is a language itself. But end of the day they are all dialect of Bengali including Assamese.

I bow to your superior linguistic wisdom.

Just leave it at that.

Last edited:
@Jayanta

Suddenly now, the Ahom is from China! I presume so, I think this bozo, who can be quite a normal, humorous poster at his best, seems to have kicked over the traces, and seems to equate Tibeto-Burmese origins of the Shan language and Shan ethnicity with Chinese.

There's nothing as dumb and ego-centric as a Bengali babu, or the imitation that they mass-produce for export in Bangladesh.

[quote}Yu can say 100 different things. Even Chittagonian is a language or even Sylheti is a language itself. But end of the day they are all dialect of Bengali including Assamese
I bow to your superior linguistic wisdom.

Just leave it at that.

Common sense is the most uncommon thing Joe.... I use common sense instead of some politically correct dogma. I probably gone overboard by calling them Han instead of Shan but regarding the language i stand correct.

Back
Top Bottom