What's new

Is there a chance that Pakistan would nuke India?

Yes Pakistan would be using nukes against india, I can bet any thing over it BUT it wont be monsters My 'guess' is that it would be dozens of tactical devices, i.e its certain all of known indian missle sites, airports, millitary concenterations would receive these little wards of us,and for the sure these would be pre-emptive, nobody here is idiot enough to wait for flag hoisting cermony of india in Rawalpindi, from last ten years NDC & Co is making the thing smaller and samller thus more useable, I remember there were certain projects going on in which they were trying to minimise size and effective radius.

Obviously bombay should expect a mega nuke, but Probability is very low, but small nukes aka tactical devices for the sure would be used

Yes Pakistan would be using nukes against india, I can bet any thing over it BUT it wont be monsters My 'guess' is that it would be dozens of tactical devices, i.e its certain all of known indian missle sites, airports, millitary concenterations would receive these little wards of us,and for the sure these would be pre-emptive, nobody here is idiot enough to wait for flag hoisting cermony of india in Rawalpindi, from last ten years NDC & Co is making the thing smaller and samller thus more useable, I remember there were certain projects going on in which they were trying to minimise size and effective radius.

Obviously bombay should expect a mega nuke, but Probability is very low, but small nukes aka tactical devices for the sure would be used

But why sign your own death warrants? Surely Pakistan would only use nukes as a last resort. Any nuclear exchange would devastate both countries.

If Pakistan is faced with a scenario where it is successfully defending against an invasion by a numerically superior enemy (India), there is no reason to use nuclear weapons.
However, should the situation take a bad turn for Pakistan and the enemy gain a significant advantage, Pakistan will be cornered. Pak would be faced with a "use nukes or lose em" scenario.

Think about it. You know you are losing. When you lose, Pakistan will be forced into unconditional surrender. You will be forced to give up all claims to Kasmir, meaning India controls Pakistan's water supply. Pakistan will likely be broken up into small, weak states and always be under India's influence. What is left of Pakistan's armed forces will be completely dismantled. Last but not least, Pak's nuclear weapons will be destroyed.
What would you do? I am certain that ANY commander would not hesitate to use tactical nuclear weapons to protect his country in such a situation.

Capstar, in this situation, Pakistan's death warrant would already be signed whether Pakistan uses nukes or not. At least if nukes are used, Pakistan has a chance to stop the enemy.

I don't think that strategic nukes would ever be used by either side, even as a last resort. Neither Pakistan nor India would dare do this, it would certainly lead to mutual destruction. Targeting civilians in cities is different to targeting the enemy armed forces.

I do believe that full scale war between Pakistan and India will always be averted because of the possibility of nuclear war.

Last edited:
But why sign your own death warrants? Surely Pakistan would only use nukes as a last resort. Any nuclear exchange would devastate both countries.

If pushed into a irreversible CORNER either militarily, economically or diplomatically by India or by any other combination of INVADING force, Pakistan will most definitely use NUKES and that too with massive first strike!

Death Warrant = Mutually Assured Destruction = Constant Deterrence

It worked for the US and USSR so why not for Pakistan and India?

What scares me even more than a nuclear war itself is if at this stage Pakistan would have been nuclear free and India with nukes!! A no-brainer indeed!

Lastly and as always I have wondered in this regard that would the US nuked Hiroshima and Nagasaki if the Japanese too had nukes? Hmmmmmm.......:devil:

If Pakistan is faced with a scenario where it is successfully defending against an invasion by a numerically superior enemy (India), there is no reason to use nuclear weapons.
However, should the situation take a bad turn for Pakistan and the enemy gain a significant advantage, Pakistan will be cornered. Pak would be faced with a "use nukes or lose em" scenario.

Think about it. You know you are losing. When you lose, Pakistan will be forced into unconditional surrender. You will be forced to give up all claims to Kasmir, meaning India controls Pakistan's water supply. Pakistan will likely be broken up into small, weak states and always be under India's influence. What is left of Pakistan's armed forces will be completely dismantled. Last but not least, Pak's nuclear weapons will be destroyed.
What would you do? I am certain that ANY commander would not hesitate to use tactical nuclear weapons to protect his country in such a situation.

Capstar, in this situation, Pakistan's death warrant would already be signed whether Pakistan uses nukes or not. At least if nukes are used, Pakistan has a chance to stop the enemy.

I don't think that strategic nukes would ever be used by either side. They would certainly lead to mutual destruction. Targeting civilians in cities is different to targeting the enemy armed forces.

I do believe that full scale war between Pakistan and India will always be averted because of the possibility of nuclear war.

That is the situation I had in mind that would necessitate a last resort option, in this case nukes. I had the impression that people were advocating the use of nuclear weapons at the opening of hostilities. Either way if nukes are used against any target in the region I would be quite sure it would escalate to a full nuclear exchange. The nuke scenario is I agree the reason more conflicts have been avoided in the past and hopefully will continue to be avoided in the future.

If pushed into a irreversible CORNER either militarily, economically or diplomatically by India or by any other combination of INVADING force, Pakistan will most definitely use NUKES and that too with massive first strike!

Death Warrant = Mutually Assured Destruction = Constant Deterrence

It worked for the US and USSR so why not for Pakistan and India?

What scares me even more than a nuclear war itself is if at this stage Pakistan would have been nuclear free and India with nukes!! A no-brainer indeed!

Lastly and as always I have wondered in this regard that would the US nuked Hiroshima and Nagasaki if the Japanese too had nukes? Hmmmmmm.......:devil:

The Japanese would need a suitable delivery mechanism first, if they had nukes they wouldn't be able to deliver them to the US mainland. It would stop any invasion of the home islands before it began as they would surely use them on any ground force. It would result in a full blockade (starvation of Japan) and more nuclear bombardment of Japan by the US as more nukes became available, the end result would be the same (unconditional surrender) but Japan would be a lot worse off by then.

People on these forum are so removed from ground reality its shocking and FUNNY

Nukes where built as a LAST RESORT weapon. When cornored and about to be COMPLETELY destroyed you have the option..

Example...

UK & FRANCE if overrun by massive Warsaw pact Armies about to fall they could use theoretically a nuke to stop the advance..

OR

Israel about to pushed into the sea and overrun by 5 ARAB armies they wud use as a last option...

India wus do the same if CHINA was about to steam into delhi....

For some PAKISTANIS its become a mind game

WILL NUKE your air fields, your naval bases your cities in the opening shot.

" this is not the thinking of a organised professional military/govt..."

but more a random rogue state bent on utter destruction even if it means their own death warrant.

UK & FRANCE if overrun by massive Warsaw pact Armies about to fall they could use theoretically a nuke to stop the advance..

Originally they were going to be used on advanced Warsaw Pact armoured units, then when the Soviets threatened to use strategic nuclear weapons if this happened the idea was scrapped. They would however be used as a threat to stop the Soviets advancing beyond the Rhine while Western forces regrouped and operation REFORGER was carried out.

Israel about to pushed into the sea and overrun by 5 ARAB armies they wud use as a last option...

Yep.

but more a random rogue state bent on utter destruction even if it means their own death warrant.

Exactly my point.

Pakistan will not use nuclear weapons on just military sites.According to Official Doctrine Pakistan has first use policy ONLY if our conventional military is finished (50%+) and India have gained over territory then it will use nuclear otherwise it will not use nuclear weapons.I am sure the Generals are not dumb to launch strategic nuclear weapons and then face a massive second strike.If Pakistan launches first strike it will be most likely very huge.

People on these forum are so removed from ground reality its shocking and FUNNY

Nukes where built as a LAST RESORT weapon. When cornored and about to be COMPLETELY destroyed you have the option..

Example...

OR

El nino time is progressing and so is technolgy, which means so is millitary strategies.

Millitarily Question is why shall not pakistan use small nukes aka tactical devices?? if they can achive desired results whats the harm, I am not advocating blasting 10 major cities of india in 10 minutes from face of earth at the start of war, though some say its part of Pak doctrine, but my point is if pakistan use these tactical devices with limited destruction at very start it would neutralise much of conventional and nuke delivery mechanism of India. Then we can take them on.

Pakistan has not a luxry of strategical & ecnomical depth, so Pakistani strategy would be much differnt from any other nuclear states and World should be sure about that at least Pakistan has made it to use, those with some connections would back me that from quite some time Pakistan is working of bombs of low yield. So be assured we would be using this thing.. If war brakes out.:pakistan::pakistan:

El nino time is progressing and so is technolgy, which means so is millitary strategies.

Millitarily Question is why shall not pakistan use small nukes aka tactical devices?? if they can achive desired results whats the harm, I am not advocating blasting 10 major cities of india in 10 minutes from face of earth at the start of war, though some say its part of Pak doctrine, but my point is if pakistan use these tactical devices with limited destruction at very start it would neutralise much of conventional and nuke delivery mechanism of India. Then we can take them on.

Pakistan has not a luxry of strategical & ecnomical depth, so Pakistani strategy would be much differnt from any other nuclear states and World should be sure about that at least Pakistan has made it to use, those with some connections would back me that from quite some time Pakistan is working of bombs of low yield. So be assured we would be using this thing.. If war brakes out.:pakistan::pakistan:
I highly Doubt PA will use it.First of all according to Indian Doctrine if they're attacked via nuclear bomb (Does not matter if it is full scale bomb or strategic nuke) they will send a massive second strike so the only option is send a huge first strike.If they launch huge massive second strike most of our command and control infrastructure will be destroyed so we can't launch massive strike again which is why if Pakistan decides to launch Nukes it will launch one massive first strike.

If you used tactical nuclear weapons so would they, then it would escalate.

Pakistan will not use nuclear weapons on just military sites.According to Official Doctrine Pakistan has first use policy ONLY if our conventional military is finished (50%+) and India have gained over territory then it will use nuclear otherwise it will not use nuclear weapons.I am sure the Generals are not dumb to launch strategic nuclear weapons and then face a massive second strike.If Pakistan launches first strike it will be most likely very huge.

thats what i want it to say tooy afree with you we definately use our nukes we cannot match our militry with indian yes we are better from them by one on one any day but they have more unconventional weapons than us more fighter jets more ships and more soldiers from which we cannot be matched with them by numbers:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan: still we will fight to our last drop of blood

The Japanese would need a suitable delivery mechanism first, if they had nukes they wouldn't be able to deliver them to the US mainland. It would stop any invasion of the home islands before it began as they would surely use them on any ground force. It would result in a full blockade (starvation of Japan) and more nuclear bombardment of Japan by the US as more nukes became available, the end result would be the same (unconditional surrender) but Japan would be a lot worse off by then.

I disagree! If the Japs had nukes they would have most certainly been able to reach the US mainland by air just as they did at Pearl Harbor in Hawaii in a time when the US war machine thought the same, i.e Japs cannot reach their shores. The only difference would have been that a nuke on the west coast from Japan would have been more devastating and justified in response to Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

The point is not the logistics of it, the point is that the US would have most likely not used the Fat Boy over Nagasaki even if they had an idea that the Japs would do the same. That in essence is deterrence of Mutually Assured Destruction!

I disagree! If the Japs had nukes they would have most certainly been able to reach the US mainland by air just as they did at Pearl Harbor in Hawaii in a time when the US war machine thought the same, i.e Japs cannot reach their shores. The only difference would have been that a nuke on the west coast from Japan would have been more devastating and justified in response to Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

The point is not the logistics of it, the point is that the US would have most likely not used the Fat Boy over Nagasaki even if they had an idea that the Japs would do the same. That in essence is deterrence of Mutually Assured Destruction!

They didn't even have aircraft that could carry a nuclear bomb, let alone reach the US without the Island Chain or Aircraft carriers. The US would have no fear of a Japanese Nuclear attack on the US because the Japanese wouldn't have the resources or ability to attack them, it would simply make them more certain that they needed to use a blockade and nuclear as well as more massive conventional attacks to starve and bomb them into submission. Japanese strategic materials were run out by the time of the bombings and with no merchant shipping available they would have got any more materials so they couldn't increase the size of their hand.

Back
Top Bottom