What's new

Iran's military chief: Death to Israel!

I don't understand what is the whole fuss about? US and Israel routinely threaten Iran w.r.t their nuclear weapons, Israel goes as far as to say we will do it alone if we have to by force. So if you make a threat then you should be prepared to take one as well. Why all the hue cry.
You want to take their nuclear program out, they want to annihilate you, all in a days work. Lets get back to work shall we...

You seriously are a naive canuk. Love you guys, really do. Canadians are aawesome people, but you guys are the most naive people I've ever met. You guys are like the old grandparents that hear rumors and then get all worked up about it.

Einstein, don't have a selective memory and maybe, just maybe, you can start understanding the conflict. And you need to watch and listen to both sides of the story, not one. I live in Canada and apart from CBC, every single channel is American. This country is pretty much a more liberal version of the US.

Washing down the american cool aid with zionist cool aid is easy for you as a Canadian, we get a tsunami of American propeganda everytime we turn on our TV, but finding out the truth is harder and it's up to you to dig out the truth.

If you read Persian history, they have always used indirect warfare to neutralize their enemy..Iran cannot attack Israel without going over Saudi Arabia...and that would create a reason for Israel take retaliate on both! But KSA being closer will suffer more...

Apart from the rumors we hear we also heard the translation of your President speech in UNO calling out to wipe Israel off the map of the world. Now you tell me if that is also rumor. In my real life the I do not wash down with poison like kool aid or as a matter of fact any soft drink but that is besides the point. You are asking me to find out the truth, why don't you provide me with some credible link which publishes news based on facts only?

Somebozo: Thank you for your suggestion, I will follow up. Let me share my views as, I interpret the development in your region of the world. Initially, I used to take your Presidents speech literally while at the same time try to decipher the hidden message behind the rhetoric on regular basis against Israel or the West. I have changed my opinion and believe that KSA and Iran are letting themselves pushed into a conflict and if they (leadership) does not cool down their minds the consequences for the region will be unimaginable and will lead to self destruction of many nation in Middle East and Iran.

The West and Russia-China alliance will beneficiary as a supplier of military hardware. If this ever pans out the way, I am thinking the attention of terrorist groups will be on Iran as their enemy. Israel and the rest of the world will be only onlookers while you guys get tangled into your own war based on your theological thinking. So it is up to leadership in their respective nations to be aware of the consequences of the egotistic stand that each nation is taking.

Next time around we from the West are not going to send our sons and daughters to the aid of KSA, Kuwait or GCC nations as was done in the previous conflicts. It is for the leadership of the region to put the your differences on religion aside and think of the ways to live peacefully.

Israel can defend herself without the aid of any other Army, it is the KSA and GCC leadership who is having bad night dreams.

Apart from the rumors we hear we also heard the translation of your President speech in UNO calling out to wipe Israel off the map of the world. Now you tell me if that is also rumor. In my real life the I do not wash down with poison like kool aid or as a matter of fact any soft drink but that is besides the point. You are asking me to find out the truth, why don't you provide me with some credible link which publishes news based on facts only?

Yep.
Here you go:
Ahmadinejad's phrase was "بايد از صفحه روزگار محو شود" according to the text published on the President's Office's website.[11]

The translation presented by the official Islamic Republic News Agency has been challenged by Arash Norouzi, who says the statement "wiped off the map" was never made and that Ahmadinejad did not refer to the nation or land mass of Israel, but to the "regime occupying Jerusalem". Norouzi translated the original Persian to English, with the result, "the Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time."[12] Juan Cole, a University of Michigan Professor of Modern Middle East and South Asian History, agrees that Ahmadinejad's statement should be translated as, "the Imam said that this regime occupying Jerusalem (een rezhim-e eshghalgar-e qods) must [vanish from] the page of time (bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad)."[13] According to Cole, "Ahmadinejad did not say he was going to 'wipe Israel off the map' because no such idiom exists in Persian." Instead, "he did say he hoped its regime, i.e., a Jewish-Zionist state occupying Jerusalem, would collapse."[14] The Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) translated the phrase similarly, as "this regime" must be "eliminated from the pages of history."[15]

Iranian government sources denied that Ahmadinejad issued any sort of threat. On 20 February 2006, Iran's foreign minister Manouchehr Mottaki told a news conference: "How is it possible to remove a country from the map? He is talking about the regime. We do not recognize legally this regime."[16][17][18]

Shiraz Dossa, a professor of Political Science at St. Francis Xavier University in Nova Scotia, Canada, also believes the text is a mistranslation.[19]

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom