What's new

Iran's Infrastructure projects...

Abadan Port...This port and city of Abadan were badly damaged during Iran_Iraq war..Good to see the port is back in full business. The river is " Arvand rood" ..Iraqis call it "Shatt AL _Arab") the river is border line between Iran and Iraq.

1650111781233.jpeg

Quiet days so I look at some older structures built in Iran
Mar-Mar palace (Marble palace.. more than 100 years old)..it is a museum now..the tile works and level of detail is just amazing.

1650375473215.png

1650375792361.png

1650375529513.png

1650375583163.png

1650375605955.png

1650375637810.png

1650375680808.png

1650375713621.png

1650375762727.png

1650375814895.png

1650375868333.png

1650375901065.png

This project took a long time to make but if you read the specifications you will realize how big this job has been.

One of Iran's Mega Rail project to be completed in 3 months
  • Mianeh-Tabriz-Bostanabad link 203 KM
  • 22 years to build (4 presidents)
  • provides a 130 km shortcut through mountains or 5 hours travel time to the existing line
  • Connects Iranian and Central Asian railroads to Europe via Turkey,Armenia and Baku Republic
  • Two lines
  • $ 150 billion dollars potential trade route
  • 132 km already completed and in use
  • 14 long tunnels (14 km total, including a 3 km tunnel named chabli
  • 21 large bridges (8 km total including a one km single bridge
  • 515 water crossings (10 km total)
  • 100% designed and implemented by Iranian contractors
  • 10 stations
  • 100% domestic materials including first ever Iranian produced steel rails in Isfahan and steel plates in Ahvaz for bridges

1650801708816.png

1650801917358.png

1650801725080.png

1650801744030.png

1650801760591.png

1650801780503.png

1650801809054.png

look a lot better than what it looked several years ago but still need a lot of work , specially need the one in east of Iran ASAP

The east is challenging due to its low population density (except for Khorasane Shomali, the northern half of Khorasane Razavi, Golestan, the Kerman area and some coastal strips) and the great distances between large towns, so for these sorts of investments to be justified economically, they need to yield more than the income generated by passenger services. Even though terrain on the whole is less of an obstacle than in the west and north-west of the country, which decreases the costs.

But this is probably why these eastern regions have not ranked first in terms of chronological priority for the construction of new railway lines. However, with the development of international transit through Iran (trade corridors), in part thanks to China's New Silk Road initiative and Russia's confrontation with the west, and with above average demographic growth in Sistan-Baluchestan as well as the progressive industrialization of eastern and south-eastern Iran, economic profitability is increasingly ensured as well.

This said, I am of the belief that heavy fixed infrastructures, railroads in particular, must cover the entire national territory and connect all important population centers even if their economical viability is limited, because this is a factor of national integration and therefore it serves national security as well as social stability. Moreover, it's also a matter of social justice and equality between different regions of the country, and social equity is a fundamental pillar of the value system upon which an Islamic Republic rests.

- - - - -

Thanks for the map Salar..I can actually see that shortcut line as dotted in the map..I tried to find one to see the shortcut but had no luck..

The shortcut is the green line between Miyane and Bostan Abad. Between there and Tabriz is the last stretch that still needs to be completed. The old path is the pink-red one, connecting Miyane to Tabriz through Maraqe. I believe the geographic course of the new line may not be 100% accurate, so it may come across as a bit longer than it actually is. Also the black dotted line running parallel to the new connection indicates that a second track is under construction.

Last edited:
A map of Tehran's urban expressways.

Green = expressway.
Darkest shade of green = tunneled or elevated section of an expressway (e.g. 27 - Tohid Tunnel on Sh. Navvab Safavi, 32 - elevated Sh. Sadr).
Light green = expressway under construction.
Blue = intercity freeways (toll roads).

- - - - -

Tehran_Expressways_map.png

tehran.jpg

What's the average speed of drivers in Iran (including on urban expressways)?

Traffic-Report-3-scaled.jpg

Average speed of automobiles on Tehran's expressways:

Traffic-Report-%DB%B4.jpg

Average speed of automobiles on Iran's freeways:

Traffic-Report-%DB%B6.jpg

Kharrazi expressway, Tehran (District 22):

Kharrazi_Highway-1024x768.jpg

Source is this interesting study:

براساس بررسی نقشه و مسیریاب بلد: در بزرگراه‌های اصفهان و مشهد رانندگان سرعت بیشتری دارند​

۱۲ خرداد ۱۳۹۹

Last edited:
Impressive annual growth of 91% despite sanction and no International help or investment!..at $10.5 billion dollars it is almost one half of all Oil export in a year.. Hoping for the day that metal exports turn into "finished" products exports.

Iran's annual Mineral exports at $ 10.5 billion dollars..
  • Mostly metals (steel,copper,Aluminium and Zinc)​
  • Having 81 different types of minerals, Iran is one of the top 10 mineral-rich countries across the globe.​
  • The total proven reserves of Iran's mines are expected to be 100 billion tons from previous 60 billion ton​
  • Steel and Steel related products are the the majority of the $$ figure followed by copper and Aluminium.​
1651320955620.png

320 MW power plant in Qeshm island becomes operational

• Gas powered power plant
  • works on combined cycle basis, a system where the exhaust heat from the turbines is used to raise steam.
  • Privately financed project $100.7 million .
  • 300-ton power transformer used in the new facility is the largest ever manufactured inside Iran with a capacity of 400 mega volt-ampere (MVA).
1653047673698.png

With the operation of 320 megawatts power plant what it tells me is that Qeshm Island is on its way to become Iran's next Kish Island but 10 times bigger...If I was younger and looking for investment that is where I put my $$$...next life...lol

Last edited:
With the operation of 320 megawatts power plant what it tells me is that Qeshm Island is on its way to become Iran's next Kish Island but 10 times bigger...If I was younger and looking for investment that is where I put my $$$...next life...lol
That boat sailed years ago now prices in Qeshm are as expensive as kish

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom