What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Very nice work from our Iranian bothers. The gun looks completed to a good finish. Any live firing videos?

The mount though needs to be changed.

nope , there is no A-G mode here . like M2 browning , its a typical Gatling gun . whereas YAK-B is designed for A-G mode .

Visa vers , the heavier the caliber is , the higher the range becomes . lol

like the sweedish oerlikon (20 mm) Oerlikon 20 mm cannon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia L85: • 6,800 m

so although there are some facts like the bullets weight surrounding the equation but normally its like this :

the higher th caliber , the longer the range .

till some point though , after that due to ultra heavy wieght of bullets , it becomes reveresed maybe

Not quite. The projectile's distance travelled/effective range is dependent mostly on the propellant. But i see your point, which isnt wrong either. A little iffy.

Were there a heavy/hot round load for a same pellet, it would cover a greater distance, that is why we see huge shells for AAA batteries ( Anti - Aircraft Artillery not the ones you put in the remote :D )

Lend me one.

Twelve point seven millimeters and .50 caliber are the same thing. :sniper:Look at the size of the thing. It's giant and heavy.

Last edited:
Why upgrade that tank man. 105mm main gun is today's battlefield is not sufficient. Maybe ambush tactics.

But good for Iran i guess, though name "self sufficient jihad" is funny.

:D

@Serpentine
Do you know what are those two ring(tubes) on Zulfaghar Tank? They look like spare tires. :rofl::omghaha:
BTW, it seems that those trucks are from Naser-aldin shah or Nader shah army. Why they don'y buy some new trucks for Artesh?
BTW, why tanks are always shown with Tank Transporter? I don't remember seeing Zulfaghar moving without Tank Transporter in a parade.:crazy:

In farsi:
Albatteh nazmeshoun ham ke eftezaah hast mesle hamisheh. Haddeaghal beran az kore shomali ya chin, yek rezhe raftan ra yaad begiran. :disagree:

Yes, I believe they are spare wheel. Imagine a wartime scenario in which a tank is too far from the base. If, for any reason, one or 2 wheels are broken, it will affect tank's performance, speed and maneuverability. So a spare wheel is not a bad idea, it may come in handy in difficult situations.

tamiya-m1a1.jpg

stowage1.jpg

attachment.php

About the trucks, I don't think Iran has freedom to choose from a broad range of trucks and military vehicles because of sanctions, so they have to produce most of them locally. Even though they may not have the quality of western rivals, but I think producing military equipment is always better than simply giving money and buying them packed and ready.

About Zulfiqar, yeah I don't know why they don't show the tanks moving on the roads in parades. They should really do it, it's much better. Anyway, Here's a video of Zulfiqar drifting.

دریفت تانك ذوالفقار 3

And lastly, about the order and arrangement of ground forces in parades, we do really need a huge improvement, but we will never be like China or Nk, I don't think even western countries can match East Asians in arrangement of parades. I sometimes really wonder if they are humans or robots.

000d87ad41a00c391b7311.jpg

932_20573215.jpg

13d.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I believe they are spare wheel. Imagine a wartime scenario in which a tank is too far from the base. If, for any reason, one or 2 wheels are broken, it will affect tank's performance, speed and maneuverability. So a spare wheel is not a bad idea, it may come in handy in difficult situations.

tamiya-m1a1.jpg

stowage1.jpg

attachment.php

About the trucks, I don't think Iran has freedom to choose from a broad range of trucks and military vehicles because of sanctions, so they have to produce most of them locally. Even though they may not have the quality of western rivals, but I think producing military equipment is always better than simply giving money and buying them packed and ready.

About Zulfiqar, yeah I don't know why they don't show the tanks moving on the roads in parades. They should really do it, it's much better. Anyway, Here's a video of Zulfiqar drifting.

دریفت تانك ذوالفقار 3

And lastly, about the order and arrangement of ground forces in parades, we do really need a huge improvement, but we will never be like China or Nk, I don't think even western countries can match East Asians in arrangement of parades. I sometimes really wonder if they are humans or robots.

13d.jpg
Thanks.:tup:
It should be very difficult to change the tire in a tank, specially in a battlefield :what:
Anyway, Former Warsaw pact(+NK+China) countries have always very good parades. You can take a look at Russians, or Azerbaijanis parades as well, and you would notice the difference with Iran's parades. ;) Some NATO countries have good parades, as well, but, I prefer parades of former Warsaw(+NK+China) countries.
About the truck, I do not agree with you. Trucks are not a sensitive product. They have already imported some Russian trucks from either Russia or Ukraine or Belarus, I don't know which one, , and they have even started to produce these new trucks. for example like the one who is shown when they introduced Bavar system, I think its name was Zuljanah, and was produced from some Ukrainian truck. So, I would say, it is due to not spending appropriate amount of money for artesh, and nothing else.

@Serpentine I think those in the Chinese parade trained on parading all the time since they don't hold such large parades each year, I doubt all their soldiers can do it that well.

Maybe, but seeing them always extremely organized has affected my unconscious mind in a way that I think all of them are like this. :P

Thanks.:tup:
It should be very difficult to change the tire in a tank, specially in a battlefield :what:
Anyway, Former Warsaw pact(+NK+China) countries have always very good parades. You can take a look at Russians, or Azerbaijanis parades as well, and you would notice the difference with Iran's parades. ;) Some NATO countries have good parades, as well, but, I prefer parades of former Warsaw(+NK+China) countries.
About the truck, I do not agree with you. Trucks are not a sensitive product. They have already imported some Russian trucks from either Russia or Ukraine or Belarus, I don't know which one, , and they have even started to produce these new trucks. for example like the one who is shown when they introduced Bavar system, I think its name was Zuljanah, and was produced from some Ukrainian truck. So, I would say, it is due to not spending appropriate amount of money for artesh, and nothing else.

Don't know what's the mechanism of changing the wheel, but I don't think it's as hard as changing the tire of a typical car, because you don't have to lift the tank. Honestly, I'm not even certain how those wheels are changed.

About those trucks, I agree some of them look old in appearance at least, but there are also decent ones. I think this one for example is not bad:

54436228529296822506.jpg

And if I'm not wrong, there also projects for producing more decent trucks, conveyors for military equipment.

َAnd about Zol Janah, I don't know anything about Ukrainian equivalent, but in last years parade, it looked like this:

57102963739301457968.jpg

This year, it had been redesigned:
88978536426684128502.jpg

it's a matter of taste to decide which one looks better.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom