What's new

Iranian cars ... Gonna buy if available?

Interesting Motor. Its like the 2.0 litre Alfa Romeo 145 Quadrifoglio i had in the 90s and what i tuned with Novitec Turbo, suspension ect.. Will there be tuning kits?
The ME16 is based on PSA Peugeot’s EC5 engine which has been upgraded several times in Iran over the past decades.

No info on tuning kit ..but you guess was close!:-)

Personally I like the look of this P90 car..

Photos of the M-16 Engine production and the autos that uses the engine.

PRO_1.jpg
PRO_2.jpg
Pro_3.jpg
Pro_5.jpg
Pro_4.jpg
Pro_6.jpg

Pro_7.jpg

Pro_9.jpg
PRO_8.jpg

the only car brand that is officially banned in Iran is chevrolet

"

Iran bans import of Chevrolet cars​

"

but only models made after 2016, if the chevrolet car was imported before 2016 its ok to buy them.

thats why you can still see sometimes corvettes like this one here on sale

but the demand for american cars is low, corvettes are nice though.

in 2023

in tehran most cars i see are Iranian.

followed by Korean and Chinese cars,

4th place are Japanese brands.

People prefer asian brands they are more reliable then western cars and in last years Korean and Chinese cars are coming very close to japanese cars in terms of reliability

Trade in general and imports in particular are not just defined by simple laws. It's not just designed black and white, allowed and prohibited.

Iran is still part of the global trade and as such country they have to obey certain regulations and international agreements.

Your 'indigenous' car industry, which is mostly a copy-paste version of old Western models, would collapse without artificial state protection.

Your regime has implemented plenty of tariff and nontariff trade barriers to avoid getting flood by foreign brands which would easily conquer the entire domestic market.

Secondly, cars are expensive. The regime doesn't approve and simply can't afford billions of foreign exchange reserves leaving the country’s balance account year after year. You cannot just import a vehicle. It's not that easy.

The Iranian nation has been robbed of so many things that you're deliberately ignoring or flat-out refusing to intellectually comprehend.

Why? Because admitting these facts would drive you mad. Literally.

Trade in general and imports in particular are not just defined by simple laws. It's not just designed black and white, allowed and prohibited.

Iran is still part of the global trade and as such country they have to obey certain regulations and international agreements.

Your 'indigenous' car industry, which is mostly a copy-paste version of old Western models, would collapse without artificial state protection.

Your regime has implemented plenty of tariff and nontariff trade barriers to avoid getting flood by foreign brands which would easily conquer the entire domestic market.

Secondly, cars are expensive. The regime doesn't approve and simply can't afford billions of foreign exchange reserves leaving the country’s balance account year after year. You cannot just import a vehicle. It's not that easy.

The Iranian nation has been robbed of so many things that you're deliberately ignoring or flat-out refusing to intellectually comprehend.

Why? Because admitting these facts would drive you mad. Literally.
wow ..you know so much about Iran:disagree:...May be it is time to look into your own country..in 2022 your country had $110 billion dollars trade deficit ( meaning you live on borrowed money from others every year)..this is on top of your $450 billion dollars foreign debt..in contrast Iran last year had a trade surplus and a mere $6 billion dollars foreign debt...
Your economy is now on life support (you made it to international default risk list!!) You need Saudi and UAE and Qatar donations...$5 billion donation from saudi alone. I suggest you keep your mental sparks for your own side..

Iranian Auto industry is fine ..do not worry about us..

حضور دو خودروساز ایرانی در بازار روسیه/ سایپا 45 هزار دستگاه خودرو به روسیه صادر می کند​

راشاتودی اعلام کرد: سایپا قرار است طی قرارداد سه ساله 45 هزار دستگاه خودرو به روسیه صادر کند و ایران خودرو هم در حال گذراندن مراحل صادرات است.

Translation: News by RT
Iran SAIPA in a 3 year contract is exporting 45,000 vehicles to Russia worth $450 million dollars.
IKCO is also in negociations to exports autos to Russia

full report:

حضور دو خودروساز ایرانی در بازار روسیه/ سایپا 45 هزار دستگاه خودرو به روسیه صادر می کند​

راشاتودی اعلام کرد: سایپا قرار است طی قرارداد سه ساله 45 هزار دستگاه خودرو به روسیه صادر کند و ایران خودرو هم در حال گذراندن مراحل صادرات است.

حضور دو خودروساز ایرانی در بازار روسیه/ سایپا 45 هزار دستگاه خودرو به روسیه صادر می کند

به گزارش گروه اقتصاد بین الملل خبرگزاری فارس، به نقل از راشاتودی خروج خودروسازان جهانی از روسیه فرصت مناسبی را برای ورود خودروسازان ایران و چین فراهم کرده است.

بر اساس این گزارش ، قرار است خوردوسازی سایپای ایران عرضه خودردهای خود را به این کشور از ماه ژوئن آغاز کند. بر اساس گزارش ها، سایپا قرار است طی سه سال آینده 45 هزار خودرو به ارزش 450 میلیون دلار به روسیه تحویل دهد. دیگر خودروساز«ایران خودرو» هم در حال حاضر در حال گذراندن مراحل خود برای صادرات به روسیه است.

روزنامه ایروستیا روز پنجشنبه اعلام کرد: نمایندگی های خودرو در سراسر روسیه کمبود موجودی خودرو با قیمت متوسط دارند.

بر ا ساس این گزارش نمانیدگی های روسی فولکس واگن، کیا، اشکودا، ستروئن، اوپل ، رنو و هیوندای در حال حاضر بیش از 300 خودرو را در وب سایت خود عرضه می کنند اما به گفته کارشناسان این برای تامین نیاز مردم کافی نیست.

نایب رئیس اتحادیه ملی خودرو در ورسیه گفته است: سازوکار واردات که توسط مسکو پس از خروج برندهای غربی از این کشور اجرا می شود می تواند انبارهای روسیه را پر کند و قیمت را متعادل کند اما در عین حال از هزینه لجستیک و ترخیص گمرک گلایه کرده که به گفته آنها می تواند هزینه واردات را پر هزینه کند.

تنها خودروسازان ایرانی نیست که در بازار روسیه حضور می یابند بلکه خودروسازان چینی هم توسعه بزرگی را در بازار روسیه آغاز کرده اند و انتظار می رود در سال جاری به سهم 60 درصدی از کل فروش در این کشور برسند، چین در سال گذشته بیش از 160 هزار خودرو به روسیه صادر کرد و سهم خود را در این بازار دو برابر کرد.

Last edited:

Iranian-designed automobiles are not copies of western models.

As for trade barriers, nothing wrong with protecting domestic industries. In various areas, developed countries are resorting to such measures as well. Countries like south Korea with its successful automobile industry used to protect the latter quite heavily in the initial phase (foreign car manufacturers were completely banned unless they entered a joint-venture with a local brand).

This said, the Iranian automobile industry is not as uncompetitive as you may assume. For example the licence-produced version of Kia Pride, which has actually been discontinued in Iran, is selling well in Iraq. Working class Iraqis are fond of it and its price tag of around 6000 USD (plus, as per Iraqi law, the equivalent of another thousand USD for registration). After years, many Iraqis continue to opt for the Saipa over Chinese budget cars.

See: https://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2021/10/12/668400/Iran-car-model-Pride-Iraq-sales

Automotive industries in Iran have access to plenty of domestically produced raw materials (steel, petrochemicals etc). Considering the Rial's exchange rate, these materials could theoretically be bought at unbeatable prices. Currently these domestic suppliers of raw materials are pricing their goods in "free market rate" US dollars, which drives up the end price of locally manufactured cars, but if tariffs were lifted this practice could easily be corrected with a corresponding law.

Last edited:
Photos of the M-16 Engine production and the autos that uses the engine.

View attachment 925359
The car behind looks decent but the engine itself doesn't look very impressive. You would expect a big V8 or a turbocharged V6 or something from a country as oil rich as Iran. Can I get the specs on this engine? Displacement, power, torque etc.

wow ..you know so much about Iran:disagree:...May be it is time to look into your own country..in 2022 your country had $110 billion dollars trade deficit ( meaning you live on borrowed money from others every year)..this is on top of your $450 billion dollars foreign debt..in contrast Iran last year had a trade surplus and a mere $6 billion dollars foreign debt...
Your economy is now on life support (you made it to international default risk list!!) You need Saudi and UAE and Qatar donations...$5 billion donation from saudi alone. I suggest you keep your mental sparks for your own side..

Iranian Auto industry is fine ..do not worry about us..

Translation: News by RT
Iran SAIPA in a 3 year contract is exporting 45,000 vehicles to Russia worth $450 million dollars.
IKCO is also in negociations to exports autos to Russia

full report:

حضور دو خودروساز ایرانی در بازار روسیه/ سایپا 45 هزار دستگاه خودرو به روسیه صادر می کند

به گزارش گروه اقتصاد بین الملل خبرگزاری فارس، به نقل از راشاتودی خروج خودروسازان جهانی از روسیه فرصت مناسبی را برای ورود خودروسازان ایران و چین فراهم کرده است.

بر اساس این گزارش ، قرار است خوردوسازی سایپای ایران عرضه خودردهای خود را به این کشور از ماه ژوئن آغاز کند. بر اساس گزارش ها، سایپا قرار است طی سه سال آینده 45 هزار خودرو به ارزش 450 میلیون دلار به روسیه تحویل دهد. دیگر خودروساز«ایران خودرو» هم در حال حاضر در حال گذراندن مراحل خود برای صادرات به روسیه است.

روزنامه ایروستیا روز پنجشنبه اعلام کرد: نمایندگی های خودرو در سراسر روسیه کمبود موجودی خودرو با قیمت متوسط دارند.

بر ا ساس این گزارش نمانیدگی های روسی فولکس واگن، کیا، اشکودا، ستروئن، اوپل ، رنو و هیوندای در حال حاضر بیش از 300 خودرو را در وب سایت خود عرضه می کنند اما به گفته کارشناسان این برای تامین نیاز مردم کافی نیست.

نایب رئیس اتحادیه ملی خودرو در ورسیه گفته است: سازوکار واردات که توسط مسکو پس از خروج برندهای غربی از این کشور اجرا می شود می تواند انبارهای روسیه را پر کند و قیمت را متعادل کند اما در عین حال از هزینه لجستیک و ترخیص گمرک گلایه کرده که به گفته آنها می تواند هزینه واردات را پر هزینه کند.

تنها خودروسازان ایرانی نیست که در بازار روسیه حضور می یابند بلکه خودروسازان چینی هم توسعه بزرگی را در بازار روسیه آغاز کرده اند و انتظار می رود در سال جاری به سهم 60 درصدی از کل فروش در این کشور برسند، چین در سال گذشته بیش از 160 هزار خودرو به روسیه صادر کرد و سهم خود را در این بازار دو برابر کرد.
Yeah you're forgetting the fact that Turkey is paying for much of that, being one of the biggest importers of Iranian natural gas and probably oil too.

And you would expect less foregin debt from the much smaller economy, there's much less economic activity in Iran so not as much need for debt.

Can I get the specs on this engine? Displacement, power, torque etc.
More info on the Iranian ME-16 engine:
  • 16 valve 4 cylinder
  • 113-115 Horse Power generating Torque of 145-150 pf
  • Mass produced in Mega motors robotic assembly line (subsidiary of Iran SAIPA)
  • Uses domestic parts from 69 Iranian parts manufacturers
  • Will power P90 model car
  • Initial agreement to build P90 also in Russia under different brand name
ME-16 engine.jpg

P90.JPG

More info on the Iranian ME-16 engine:
  • 16 valve 4 cylinder
  • 113-115 Horse Power generating Torque of 145-150 pf
  • Mass produced in Mega motors robotic assembly line (subsidiary of Iran SAIPA)
  • Uses domestic parts from 69 Iranian parts manufacturers
  • Will power P90 model car
  • Initial agreement to build P90 also in Russia under different brand name
ME-16 engine.jpg
1682420665490.png

Not bad at all, it's close to what VW and Ford get from their 1.0 liter 3 cylinder engines now but I'm guessing this isn't turbocharged.
Definitely gasoline, torque too low to be diesel.

And in what rpm range does it get the 203 Nm torque?

View attachment 926212

Not bad at all, it's close to what VW and Ford get from their 1.0 liter 3 cylinder engines now but I'm guessing this isn't turbocharged.
Definitely gasoline, torque too low to be diesel.

And in what rpm range does it get the 203 Nm torque?
I do not know what RPM is measured at ...I thought the RPM at which the torque is measured will be standard. and part of any international spec.!

I do not know what RPM is measured at ...I thought the RPM at which the torque is measured will be standard. and part of any international spec.!
no, peak torque comes at a different RPM level in every engine. Most diesels get very high torque in low RPM ranges, makes them a bit more fuel efficient etc. But it all depends on camshafts and valve timing and a few other things. You'll get sports cars and race bikes that operate better at 8-10 thousand rpm, If it's a Honda, there will be variable valve timing and you get best of both worlds :P

And you would expect less foregin debt from the much smaller economy, there's much less economic activity in Iran so not as much need for debt.

1) There's not much less economic activity in Iran.

2) The difference in debt levels is not due to that. It's rather that in this regard, Iran and Turkey are following opposite development models. While Turkey's relies on indebtment implying greater dependence on the goodwill of creditors, Iran's does not, because of the Islamic Republic's ideological and political foundations. One of the many benefits of an anti-imperial orientation.

When the liberal, western-appeasing administration of Rohani tried to obtain loans from the IMF, his eminence the Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution stepped in and forbade it (جَزَاكَ ٱللَّٰهُ).

Comparisons between the national debt of Iran and countries with comparable GDP figures will corroborate this.

Last edited:
When the liberal, western-appeasing administration of Rohani tried to obtain loans from the IMF, his eminence the Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution stepped in and forbade it (جَزَاكَ ٱللَّٰهُ).
I think that a possible agreement with the IMF could pose a great potential threat to Iran's future and its industrial activities. The IMF crediting system is simply based on looting. Look at Argentina, where loan packages totalling 55 billion dollars have been provided. The Argentine government has fulfilled all the conditions imposed by the IMF, include privatisations, raised the policy interest rate to over 80%. However, it ended up going to bankrupt right now because it could not restructure the $1.5 billion tranche owed to creditors.

I think that a possible agreement with the IMF could pose a great potential threat to Iran's future and its industrial activities. The IMF crediting system is simply based on looting. Look at Argentina, where loan packages totalling 55 billion dollars have been provided. The Argentine government has fulfilled all the conditions imposed by the IMF, include privatisations, raised the policy interest rate to over 80%. However, it ended up going to bankrupt right now because it could not restructure the $1.5 billion tranche owed to creditors.
IMF is bad news overall. If only our countries leaderships are good we are not in the mess we tend to get ourselves into.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom