What's new

Iran unveiled indigenous "kowsar" fighter jet with 4th gen avionics

you tell me what happens when there f_15 air to air missiles have, let say have 80 km rage and Iran upgraded f_14 air to air missiles have ~200 km range?

1729480360k.jpeg
Saudi arabia operate meteor missile with range of 300km. + the only way to track that distance of 150km+ range is using the awg-9 radar which is outdated and easily jammed by modern AESA radars employed by your arab enemy.

My question is how effective will iran IADS respond to the arab threat. From what i know iran had recently employed newer design SAM's based on s300 and sm2

240 km, 240 km, 140 km, 150 km and 185 respectively vs 370 km of f-14. also keep in mind that their missiles have shorter range and are intensively slower, 80 km for mica, 70 km for AMRAAM-B and 120 for their AMRAAM-c with mach 4 vs 160 km for fakour and 190 km for phoenix with mach 5 speed. to me it seems like saddams mig-29 story gonna happen again, they will bring their planes every time after we shoot down one of them hoping that we couldn't do it again.
View attachment 558702
compared to f-16 and f-15, f-14 is very maneuverable but against rafale and typhoons we should hit them before they reach f-14.
As I said this will be all fun and gun. Mind to tell you that f14 could only maneuver max 7g (if im not mistaken) and to sustain that turn the f14 had to straighten it wing which cause it to bleed energy. His will be hampered by the facts that A models F14 used by IRIAF uses underpowered TF30 engine which often suffered from compressor stalls during excessive maneuver.

Btw phoenix missile range is only about 190km

awg-9 radar which is outdated and easily jammed by modern AESA radars employed by your arab enemy
before we start, which AESA radar?? all radars their planes utilize is pusle doppler, fakour-90 has HOJ capability. also keep in mind AWG-9 and APG-63 are almost from the same decade so if APG-63 works fine in US f-15s why not our AWG-9s??

before we start, which AESA radar?? all radars their planes utilize is pusle doppler, fakour-90 has HOJ capability. also keep in mind AWG-9 and APG-63 are almost from the same decade so if APG-63 works fine in US f-15s why not our AWG-9s??
So youre telling me that awg-9 (first gen doppler radar) is as advanced as AN/APG 63 v3?.

Mind to tell you that f14 could only maneuver max 7g
during iran-iraq war one of our pilots perform 11g maneuver, however his shoulder displaced and one of wings damaged.
and to sustain that turn the f14 had to straighten it wing
that has nothing to wings state, neither has with maneuverability of a plane, it's because the joint of wing and fuselage . just a little tip, g force only shows that how strong is structure and if you pay attention will realise that no plane has a g limit more than 9, thats because humans can only take 9g and function normally. or another example is su-24 and f-4, they both have 6g limit while f-4 is more maneuverable. or another example is f-18 which has 7g limit but is more maneuverable than 9g f-15.
an f-14-A stall speed is 60 km/h while an f-15s is 250 km/h, f-14 max angle of attack is 75 degree while f-15s is 25 degree, the stull problem you referred is due to f-14-A air inlets which we solved in f-14AM upgrade.

Btw phoenix missile range is only about 190km
i didn't said otherwise.

during iran-iraq war one of our pilots perfurmed 11g manuever, however his sholder displaced and one of wings damaged.

that has nothing to wings state, neither has with maneuverability of a plane, it's because the joint of wing and fuselage . just a little tip, g force only shows that how strong is structure and if you pay attention will realise that no plane has a g limit more than 9, thats because humans can only take 9g and function normally. or another example is su-24 and f-4, they both has 6g limit while f-4 is more maneuverable. or another example is f-18 which has 7g limit but is more maneuverable than 9g f-15.
an f-14-A stall speed is 60 km/h while an f-15s is 250 km/h, f-14 max angle of attack is 75 degree while f-15s is 25 degree, the stull problem you referred is due to f-14-A air inlets which we solved in f-14AM upgrade.

i didn't said otherwise.
Of course it has to do with the wings. You couldnt maneuver so tight with your wings retracted. Duhhh. Ok lets say i agree with you on gforces(which in my heart i don't). What are you going to do with around 2 dozen f14s (consider your other arsenal are crap) with outdated awg-9's ,underpowered engine, maintenance heavy,against advanced jets with up to date radars,advanced electronic warfare employed by your arch nemesis? Never mind kowsar, she's not even mass produced yet.

How do you think iran would prevail?

AN/APG 63 v3
not V-3, saudis use the basic one. also dude radars do not change in the course of the history, what US is doing with it's radars is adding new module to process the data and yes still an AWG-9 is better than a APG-63.

not V-3, saudis use the basic one. also dude radars do not change in the course of the history, what US is doing with it's radars is adding new module to process the data and yes still an AWG-9 is better than a APG-63.
Duude yes they do use an apg 63 v(3) do some googling

No they couldn’t actually. Iran would take out all major runways and even highways in the first 15 minutes of the war.
Ummmmm ok

Interesting. Why?

Iran is afraid that if they are rejected by the West, they will become overly dependent on Russia and China.

So they want to become an independent power, not in anyone's camp.

Which is a good sentiment. The problem is if they wanted to go this route they need to have developed nuclear weapons.

Of course it has to do with the wings
my dude the 7g is the worth case cinerio when the wing are unfolded.
What are you going to do with around 2 dozen f14s (consider your other arsenal are crap) with outdated awg-9's ,underpowered engine, maintenance heavy,against advanced jets with up to date radars,advanced electronic warfare employed by your arch nemesis? Never mind kowsar, she's not even mass produced yet.
it's not two dozen... .we maded EW pods, unless you say only made in US is accepted.
we are buying russian su-30 jets. also we didn't invest in missiles to fight with our AF in wars.

So based on your logic a ww2 Me 262 outfitted with FuG 218 Neptun radar is just as advanced as awg 9 radar......ok i get it. All radars are just as advanced bhahahahaha

my dude the 7g is the worth case cinerio when the wing are unfolded.

it's not two dozen... .we maded EW pods, unless you say only made in US is accepted.
we are buying russian su-30 jets. also we didn't invest in missiles to fight with our AF in wars.
The su-30 procurement news is just as old as my high school certificate. Thing is your mullahs doenst prefer Your air force. Iran has little money and most of the money are channeled into irgc. So thats a no su 30 for you guys.

Back
Top Bottom