What's new

Iran missile strike successful ,Israel failed to detect missile's warhead separation

how much does the Fatah-110 cost to produce?? Iraq should seek a license to build them. imagine 100's of Fateh-110 raining down on those rats heads in Mosul.

Fateh-110+Mohajer-4 is a winning combo

Both fateh-110 & mohajer-4 are discontinued models!!!

I don't know why you mentioned those! :what:

What is the CEP of Fateh 110s missiles? 'cause Hezboallah has it in its arsenal .... the same as Zolfaghar?50 meters?

Hezbollah has better than F-110

how much does the Fatah-110 cost to produce?? Iraq should seek a license to build them. imagine 100's of Fateh-110 raining down on those rats heads in Mosul.

Fateh-110+Mohajer-4 is a winning combo

Fateh-110 is supposedly derived from a heavy artillery rocket, the Zelzal... So it is really dirt cheap as 300 km ballistic missiles with pinpoint accuracy go.

I think they already have CH-4s for the UAV role.

Can anyone post high resolution screen shots of Zolfagahr's RV hitting target ?

@PeeD according to the Zulfiqar test, the CEP is very low and close to zero. So why the accuracy of the Zulfiqar missile, which was fired at Syria, is 50 meters?

CEP cant be 0, cmon. Zolfaghar's CEP was predicted to be ~30-40 m and even enemies are saying it hit inside 50 m at 700 km distance. Its a good thing.

@Persian110

Close to zero CEP is possible with terminal guidance.

CEP is a statistical method: well possible that the measured CEP of 50m is actually a real CEP of 100m or 25m, we can't know at the moment.

A reason for the displayed "CEP" could be that the Zolfaghar is designed to receive it's last GLONASS/GPS update at 30km altitude (to become robust against jamming) and the rest of the flight is done by INS which gives it a 50m CEP.

Let's say that a CEP of 50m is widely/worldwide believed to be the minimum possible for non-terminal guided missiles.

Both fateh-110 & mohajer-4 are discontinued models!!!

I don't know why you mentioned those! :what:

Hezbollah has better than F-110

Ghods Aviation Industries founded in 1985 may be one the Oldest UAV companies in Iran and have produced UAV's such as Mohajer, Ababil & Saegheh (old style) UAV's but unfortunately they have lost their touch when it comes to developing newer UAV designs

As for Mohajer-4 Iran's military may have stopped ordering them but Iran's military still uses them and Iran will sell them!

As for Fatteh-110 why would you think the missile has been discontinued? Why would Iran use a more expensive missile with a separating warhead built with more expensive composite materials for use against targets under 250km? Even if the use of composites materials reduces production time and overall costs they still wouldn't need to use a separating warhead for shorter ranged targets 150km-300km so I don't think Zolfaghar is a replacement for the Fatteh-110. Iran may reduce production to make more room for producing Zolfaghar missiles but I don't think they'll completely abandon Fatteh-110

Fateh-110 is supposedly derived from a heavy artillery rocket, the Zelzal... So it is really dirt cheap as 300 km ballistic missiles with pinpoint accuracy go.

I think they already have CH-4s for the UAV role.

It seems like a very cost-efficient method of warfare. :tup:

During wartime I think Iran could produce a vast number of these platforms as they are needed. To land a very large number of payloads on their targets.

Ghods Aviation Industries founded in 1985 may be one the Oldest UAV companies in Iran and have produced UAV's such as Mohajer, Ababil & Saegheh (old style) UAV's but unfortunately they have lost their touch when it comes to developing newer UAV designs

As for Mohajer-4 Iran's military may have stopped ordering them but Iran's military still uses them and Iran will sell them!

As for Fatteh-110 why would you think the missile has been discontinued? Why would Iran use a more expensive missile with a separating warhead built with more expensive composite materials for use against targets under 250km? Even if the use of composites materials reduces production time and overall costs they still wouldn't need to use a separating warhead for shorter ranged targets 150km-300km so I don't think Zolfaghar is a replacement for the Fatteh-110. Iran may reduce production to make more room for producing Zolfaghar missiles but I don't think they'll completely abandon Fatteh-110
We dont know if the zolfaqhars are new build or just fatteh 110s with the new separating warhead+guidance section retro-fitted,in fact whats interesting is that iran unveiled a zalzal that had been fitted with a fateh 110 warhead+guidance, so its possible that these are the left over fatteh 110 warheads after conversion to zolfaqhar standard.
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/iranians-missiles-news-and-discussions.227673/page-100#post-9398025

We dont know if the zolfaqhars are new build or just fatteh 110s with the new separating warhead+guidance section retro-fitted,in fact whats interesting is that iran unveiled a zalzal that had been fitted with a fateh 110 warhead+guidance, so its possible that these are the left over fatteh 110 warheads after conversion to zolfaqhar standard.
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/iranians-missiles-news-and-discussions.227673/page-100#post-9398025

Well I can say with full confidence the Zolfaqar isn't a Fateh-110 retrofitted with a MRV, as per official statements the MRV separated 100 km before impact. That means the rocket section took the missile about 550 km before MRV separation, much more than the total range of the Fateh-110 (in it's latest versions, 300 km).

Zolfaghar has been noted before for having a very low or depressed trajectory of its separated GRV.
Considering the current and future deployment of exo-atmopsheric interception capable system in the region, steerable PBV will play a crucial role.

@PeeD
Can i ask, what is the Zulfikar guidance system? and why don't use the terminal guidance system for the Zulfiqar?

Terminal guidance can be jammed same way Iran jammed RQ-170 GPS system and made it land in Iran.
You guys believe that?

GPS spoofing is not easy even in laboratory settings and extremely unlikely for a mobile target that also happens to be a military asset in the midst of a mission, specially with single attempt:

3). GPS spoofing has been considered for years and the concept has been proven. On the ground. In a controlled lab environment. Spoofing a stationary receiver to believe it was located at a different stationary position. And even this is incredibly complex. However, spoofing a moving target is orders of magnitude more difficult as it requires multiple successful “stationary spoofs” per second while not losing lock, confusing, or alerting the target receiver to anomalies. Spoofing a moving aircraft at 30, 40, or 50,000+ feet traveling at 300, 400, 0r 500+ MPH is several more orders of magnitude difficult. It is unlikely that ground-based antennas (even highly directional ones) could do the trick; the spoofing equipment would need to be airborne flying near the drone. GPS is all about very precise timing; minor timing variations result in miles of error. So the “chase plane” would need to hold a fixed differential position to within inches of a moving aircraft.

4). The military uses a very different GPS system than the one on your dashboard in your car. The military GPS signals are encrypted and authenticated. An attacker is theoretically not able to generate valid military GPS signals; all he could do is to capture and replay existing signals and adjust the transmission timing. Which is extremely difficult to get right given that the satellite relative positions are constantly changing even if the target is stationary; a moving target is even more complex.

Full reading here: https://www.jasadvisors.com/iran-hijacked-us-rq-170-sentinel-drone-with-gps-hack-not-likely/

Most likely scenario is that that drone malfunctioned during its mission in Iran. It is a machine after-all.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom