What's new

Iran Haunts US ScanEagle Drone over Persian Gulf

Iran tells US to 'recount' drones

Iran's Revolutionary Guards has told the United States to "recount" the drones in its fleet as it insists that – despite US denials – it captured a small US unmanned spy plane over Gulf waters.

"Its capture is not an issue the Americans can easily refute," Guards spokesman Brigadier General Ramezan Sharif was quoted as saying.
"I advise the American commanders to recount their drones accurately," he said.
The Guards on Tuesday claimed to have recently captured a ScanEagle drone, a low-cost, short-range unmanned aircraft made by Boeing that measures 1.4 metres (4.5 feet) long and with a wingspan of three metres (10 feet).
They said the craft was seized in Iranian airspace but gave no details about how it was captured intact, nor where or when. State television showed images of what it said was the drone: a grey, unmarked vehicle suspended in a hangar.
A spokesman for the US Fifth Fleet based in the Gulf said none of its drones was missing, and a White House spokesman said there is "no evidence" the Iranian claim was true.

A year ago, Iran displayed a bigger and vastly more sophisticated US drone, a bat-winged stealth RQ-170 Sentinel, it said it had captured by hacking its guidance system.
US officials, after initially denying that Sentinel drone had been inside Iran airspace, ended up admitting it had been lost during a CIA mission, but contended it had likely suffered a malfunction that brought it down. US President Barack Obama unsuccessfully asked Iran to return it.
The ScanEagle that Iran says it now possesses is a much cheaper, simpler drone than the RQ-170 Sentinel. It is principally designed to feed back video images over a radio link to operators up to 60 miles away.
US and allied forces used ScanEagles in Iraq and Afghanistan, and several other countries operate the drone, including Australia, Canada, Poland and the United Arab Emirates, according to Boeing background information. The drone is also used for civilian purposes such as tracking fish or oil platform observation.
Sharif maintained the Guards' assertion that the drone held by Iran came from a US Navy vessel in the Gulf, but no evidence was given to support that.
Speaking to the Etemad daily, Sharif said the drone was on a reconnaissance mission hovering over Iranian military sites and oil terminals.
"We have extracted data off the drone ... it shows what the Americans were looking for," Sharif said.
"The drone was gathering intelligence on military (objectives) as well as the energy sector, particularly oil transitions at terminals," he said without further elaboration.
He said "more information would be released if necessary."
Sharif also insisted "the Americans will sooner or later confirm that their drone has been captured."
Source: AFP

Iran tells US to 'recount' drones - Telegraph

I don't like our current president but agree with the Islamic system and support them . People that think like you , deserve to remain a slave and kiss the US a$s like before the revolution .

Most people support Islamic system in Iran and that's why the velayate faghih you call mullahs still works however the whole world wants it to fall or go to Qom .

Its clear there are good and bad guys everywhere but its not fair to count them all in same team . Iranians have been dealing with Various issues for years and do know who is their friend and who is their enemy . It just needs open eyes to see the fact .

thank you man ...

full of wisdom ...

long live Iran ...

Or it could be some other country's drone. U.S. is not the only one that operates this uav.

Fair enough, some US alies also bought them, but common sense suggests one of US divisions was spying on Iranians, I doubt Ausies or Dutch would go for it :azn:

The V of the drone US uses always has the US flag on it.

No they dont, here is another one for you - US Air Force drone on patrol over Afghanistan, notice NO markings? Whats not to understand - different US divisions uses different (if any) markings.

852460-3x2-340x227.jpg

In the other news:

"fully extracted the drone’s data" in just few days? I'm pretty sure US uses sophisticated encryption which takes time to break (it took months for RQ-170), so either its exaggeration to tease US, or drone used the same (or at least known) encryption as RQ-170, so it was much faster for Iran to decode.

Don't think they'd get much useful data from a glorified RC plane.

In the other news:

"fully extracted the drone’s data" in just few days? I'm pretty sure US uses sophisticated encryption which takes time to break (it took months for RQ-170), so either its exaggeration to tease US, or drone used the same (or at least known) encryption as RQ-170, so it was much faster for Iran to decode.

technology going forward day by day

we can't wait for Americans

Don't think they'd get much useful data from a glorified RC plane.

nobody in the world put an advanced SAR radar on a toy plane

we have our own platforms

we don't care about the body

we just need to know what is going on inside the body

& what is new

we need your hardware & software for research

we have very very advanced digital systems inside IRAN

but we should know about our enemies ...

By the way, if these are captured and made forceful landings, then iran should show videos of landings. why isnt showing?

this new drone is available to multipple countries, probably this could be smugled one also.

By the way, if these are captured and made forceful landings, then iran should show videos of landings. why isnt showing?

this new drone is available to multipple countries, probably this could be smugled one also.

show landing ???

excuse me bro !

what else ???

showing our secrets !?

look at UAV again , is it crash landing or an accident ???

show landing ???

excuse me bro !

what else ???

showing our secrets !?

look at UAV again , is it crash landing or an accident ???

Thats why i said, i could be smuggled one also. It is easily avaiable to commercial purposes also. Right?

if it was the first time.yes your calim could be accepted.but now its not...can you tell why only Iran is the place US drones accidently miss their base or crash but they remain intact?
why should Iran publish all her military actions in public.even how can it possible?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom