What's new

Iran Goes After Dogs And Their Owners

ohhhhh sorry to offend aryan white master race. To tell you the truth, Iranians are considered as terrorists in Sri Lanka.

What do you say about prosecution of religious minorities in Sari Lanka?

and to be honest Iranian don't care what a Sari Lankan thinks, we live our lives without ever knowing anything about your insignificant country.

hey lankans and Iranians clam down.. we like you both peace :)

What do you say about prosecution of religious minorities in Sari Lanka?

and to be honest Iranian don't care about Sari Lankan think, we live our lives without ever knowing anything about your insignificant country.

Everything I learnt about Iran, I learnt them after coming to UK. So keep Sri Lanka away form this.

I am Christian. There's no persecution of Christians in Sri Lanka. :P well, I don't represent anything Sri Lankan. So you better keep my country away from it.

Sure....whatever..... and I'm a Bahai there's no discrimination against Bahais in Iran.

Iran Goes After Dogs And Their Owners

By: Mehrnaz Samimi for Al-Monitor Iran Pulse Posted on June 25.

Thirty dogs have died of starvation and thirst in a dog jail in Kahrizak, a suburb south of Tehran. The shocking news broke just a couple of weeks ago, and was somehow overlooked amid the heat of Iran’s presidential elections.

All of these dogs had owners. Ahmad-Reza Radan, commander of Tehran's Armed Forces Corps, warned dog owners to refrain from walking them on the streets. He said, "As summer approaches, we will make an effort to stop people from bringing out their dogs in their cars or parading them on the streets to show off. We won't have any of that."

Radan stuck to his word. Dog owners were stopped while driving with their dogs, and the dogs were taken away. People walking dogs did not stand a better chance. My cousin who lives in Tehran owns a small fluffy white dog that was taken away from her as she walked it. The dogs are literally "arrested" and taken to jail. Some are freed through posting bail, others that remain unaccounted for are taken to dog prisons; one of the better known ones is in Kahrizak. Imprisoned dogs are kept in extremely poor conditions, usually among garbage, and often times without adequate food and water.

The Islamic Republic shows great hostility toward dogs. The government claims two reasons for this: the fact that Islam condemns cohabitation with dogs, and the fact that more affluent people could afford to own a dog, and that is troubling since they believe dog owners are generally spoiled rotten, from rich families who don’t have real problems. Owning a dog is considered a luxury, one inclined to the West, and that could be reason enough for angering the administration.
Although Islam allows the use of dogs for hunting or herding, it believes dogs to be “najes,” the religious equivalent of unclean or dirty. In case of a najes person or object, Islam dictates using a certain amount of water to wash away the so-called dirt and ***** — which is called "nejasat," the noun for najes. There would simply be no resolution, however, to cleansing an actual source of nejasat. Washing such a source would never shake the dirty material within it, according to Islam. This belief is ingrained in Persian culture and language, and among the majority of Iranians who are Muslim.

The Islamic Republic often takes refuge in Islam and its limitations and regulations to pave the way for justifying and implementing the rules it would like to enforce in society.
Though there are a limited number of veterinarian hospitals and veterinary medicine is taught in some universities in Iran, such amenities — albeit necessary — are not easily accessible. Dog owners have a tough time finding food for their pets. The other obstacle is the high price of such goods. These elements play a significant role in defining who could practically own and keep a dog. Dog owners generally belong to the upper-middle class or are wealthy, more modern, non-religious Iranians.

Another element that makes the Iranian law enforcement furious is Iranian dogs’ names. Most dogs bear non-Persian names, and their Western names — according to the Islamic Republic — are a disgrace.

Read more: Iran Goes After Dogs And Their Owners - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East

So this time US is going to save the dogs, weapon of mass destruction didnt work out well

I am Christian. There's no persecution of Christians in Sri Lanka. :P well, I don't represent anything Sri Lankan. So you better keep my country away from it.
you're right

but you're wrong to be obsessed by Iran. Your presence in these forums you spend your time to insult us
and show propaganda videos against us

why? what is your problem iwth Iran?

you seem to have a biased perception of our country. then just live there few months in an Iranian family so you can have a different perception. ;)

tc

Discrimination against non-Buddhist religions in Sri Lanka - US report

In its annual International Religious Freedom report, the US State Department expressed concern about attacks and discrimination by Buddhists against Hindus, Muslims and Christians.

The report details attacks by Buddhists on religious buildings and said that “authorities were reluctant to investigate or prosecute those responsible for attacks on churches, Hindu temples, or mosques” and that "local authorities failed to respond effectively to communal attacks, including attacks on members of minority religious groups."

Discriminatory practices against Tamils are also criticised in the report, including the increasing number of Buddhist temples in Tamil areas.

"Religious tensions continued in the north following the conclusion of a 27-year conflict between the Buddhist-majority government and the Hindu-majority Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE). Government troops continued to build Buddhist shrines in Tamil areas of the north.

"Some Tamil groups alleged this demonstrated government-sponsored Sinhalese colonization of former LTTE-held areas. The number of Buddhist statues, viharas, and stupas in the northern districts of Jaffna and Kilinochi increased during the year. In November the Sri Lankan Army warned Tamils against celebrating Kaarthigai Deepam, a Hindu festival of lights. The festival coincidentally fell on the same day as “Heroes Day,” which commemorated fallen LTTE fighters.

"The military reportedly attempted to curb participation in the northern districts of Jaffna and the Vanni, instructing temples and the public not to light lamps and not to toll bells."

Discrimination against non-Buddhist religions in Sri Lanka - US report

Former UK Prime Minister urges protection of religious minorities from Sri Lankan state

Former UK Prime Minister urges protection of religious minorities from Sri Lankan state

Former British Prime Minister, Tony Blair, writing in the UK Guardian on Friday, urged the world to protect the religious freedoms of minorities in Sri Lanka, including Hindus, from religious extremism by the Sri Lankan state.

Integral to the Sri Lankan constitution is the state's responsibility to 'protect and foster' Buddhism.

Extracts from Blair's article:

"It is not only the acts of terror that should alarm us. It is the extremism that promotes persecution of religious minorities, too.

"The challenge is that much greater where human dignity is not respected and freedom of religion denied. This results in a general oppression of people of faith.

"It means we must support Muslims in Gujarat, India; non-Orthodox Christians in Moldova; Bahai's in Iran; Ahmadis in Pakistan; all Christians in north Africa; Hindus in Sri Lanka; Shia in several Sunni majority countries, and other places.

"The essence of democracy is that it is pluralistic. It is inherently secular, even if rooted in cultures that are profoundly religious. This is where democracy-friendly religion really means something very important in the way society is governed.

"It is about free media; freedom of expression; and about freedom of religion. It is also about an independent judiciary and the rule of law and even about free markets albeit with appropriate government intervention and regulation."

@iranigirl2
we have no problem with sri lanka. have some respect . thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Dog is a dirty animal. What's the big deal?

We have one in my village home. The only difference is he sleeps outside the house in front of the door.

Back
Top Bottom