What's new

Introducing - JF-17 Thunder Block - II

I feel there is a difference in texture of paint. Some sort of special coating or maybe the paint is new and needs time to dry up.

Some one mentioned in separate thread that it will be introduced after once 16 units are built or something like that. @Horus may provide more information.
Bhai.
The question asked was regarding the retractable refueling probe. What you are mentioning is the standard non retracting refueling probe. The refueling probe will go on after half the fleet of block 2s has been manufactured and will be retrofitted to the whole fleet of IFTs

Air commd Khalid said in an interview that at the end of this year 29th aircraft will be test flown in china and by that time first few thunder's of blk 1 will be seen with refuelling probe.
I think first Mirages are being converted for air to air refueling, as blk 1 were going upgrading for blk 2. By the end after completion of blk 1 upgrading few thunder's may be 4-5 will be retrofitted
Some M3/M5s already have a refueling probe. Whether this will go on the whole fleet of Mirages is not something I have heard. I would have thought it would be a bit of a waste as we are looking to retire the fleet sooner or later. Even the newer versions will probably not last beyond 2020 if all goes well with JFT integration .

Check out the weapon package.

11406707_1644459269124757_6520895362820368434_o.jpg
image.jpg

the original video is n facebook page and ~10 mint long...
officer said in that... in block III we would have ESA radar and external pod for day and night... even block II can't be integrated with such vital equipment?

The sound track is from "Apocalypse : The second world war" series aired on national geographic. BTW nice video.

the original video is n facebook page and ~10 mint long...
officer said in that... in block III we would have ESA radar and external pod for day and night... even block II can't be integrated with such vital equipment?

Hard point for chin mounted pod. Pods are already integrated

I think first Mirages are being converted for air to air refueling

Mirages should be retired as soon as possible. Why is there urgency to nearly 45 year old fighter to have air refueling ? J-10C and J-11D for the navy should be the priority and J-31 in the future.

After all these years this is what PAF came up with......Kinda lame video. Not impressed at all :tdown: .We have many talented directors & musicians and from the video i get the impression that non of them were even consulted. BOOOOOOOO booooooooo!:pissed:

I certainly am not an expert to speculate on theuutility of CFTs for JFT and its impact on the plane. As far as I know there has been no mention of CFTs on the thunder apart from a solitary photo of doubtful authencity. We do need an expert to answer it.
Araz

i am disappointed not to see air to air refueling probe and hard point for pod, on JF 17 block 2

After all these years this is what PAF came up with......Kinda lame video. Not impressed at all :tdown: .We have many talented directors & musicians and from the video i get the impression that non of them were even consulted. BOOOOOOOO booooooooo!:pissed:
Well still 1000 times far better then IAF video.....

How many Block 2s have been built and when is third squadron raised?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom