What's new

Introducing - JF-17 Thunder Block - II

Pakistan invested with Thompson Optronique to integrate ATLIS pod in an F16, the first of its kind. For the configuration, Pakistan held IP rights. I believe this is what you are referring to.

Please don't mind, but your post is a good representation of your lack of understanding of avionics, and your inability to understand that the "patent" was not on GBU 12 but on the ATLIS ATP.
Just a silly question.

IPR in configuration related data or in ATLIS R&D itself? Because if I recall correctly ATLIS was also sold to India.

IAF's Mirage 2000s are equipped with the Thomson-CSF RDM radar which allows multi-mode functioning. It is also fitted with an Antilope terrain-following radar for automatic flight, down to 61 meters. IAF Mirage 2000s are fitted with either the Litening laser designation pod or the Thomson-CSF ATLIS LDP for use with the Paveway II laser guided bombs.

I think it boils down to accountability.
Not everything does. The US has equal levels of accountability but no one here harps on the slightest of achievements until it is something actually substantial.

Just a silly question.

IPR in configuration related data or in ATLIS R&D itself? Because if I recall correctly ATLIS was also sold to India.

IPR in configuring the ATLIS pod with the F-16.

Not everything does. The US has equal levels of accountability but no one here harps on the slightest of achievements until it is something actually substantial.

IPR in configuring the ATLIS pod with the F-16.
Maturity level of USA and its press it higher than us.

Maturity level of USA and its press it higher than us.
Hence my point. It is not the issue of what is better, just a difference in approach. India likes to highlight R&D achievements to the little ones whilst Pakistan is highly selective to a point of paranoia.

Hence my point. It is not the issue of what is better, just a difference in approach. India likes to highlight R&D achievements to the little ones whilst Pakistan is highly selective to a point of paranoia.
two extremes !! but I would prefer the Indian approach. I remember watching many ISRO flights going bust on live TV. I don't think there are many free media country who will allow this.

@MastanKhan

Sir I read your "now deleted" posts and can only have sympathy for you.

I am not sure if you watch bollywood, but there was a movie named "Rang De Basanti" by Amir Khan. In that movie there was a gang of 4 friend and one of them was IAF pilot. That guy got killed in a MIG crash and we all know that whose fault is that we are still flying Migs. The rest of the friends started agitation and revolted against the defence ministry and airforce top brass for the negligence and putting the lives of poor Indian on stake. Later all friends were killed unfortunately.

So shall the IAF fighter be proud? Yes he should.
But shouldn't we make IAF and ministry accountable? yes we should.

The movie was a big hit.

So @MastanKhan I know how you are feeling now. The people like @AsifIjaz should actually question those who took those decisions which snatch those brave lives. @AsifIjaz I can feel for you bro, but dont you think your friends and cousins need the best of the things possible so that they can continue serving for nation rather than to die for nation? One should be proud of sacrificing the life for nation but if that can be avoided, it should be. Don't let it go un-necessarily, Thats my whole contention.

@Arsalan @araz Sir, I do not see why there is so much angst against MK. He has his own share of irrationality but his intention for your nation and forces can not be questioned. If he talk about problems, he want the betterment of forces. Why is is portrayed as someone anti-forces?

PS: I know its off topic, but sorry couldn't refrain myself.

xxx... U see i am perfectly fine with ur comment as its apprpriate...u are both sympathetic and concerned.
Anyways I agree with the thought but the servicemen i know or knew, they all signed up while knowing the pros and the cons of what they were signing for. Even if they didnt then through out their service life they had a chance to resign but they did not take that chance willfully and continued with whatever was in hand or was made available. They fought like men with the meager resources that were given to them and whereas i would cry a river and break a bone to have them back but it will not change the bitter truth. What i will not do is sit back and let anyone play politics and belittle their sacrifices. it can not be an excuse to tarnish and blame the men they fought "with" and they fought "for" till the very end.
I am in for a better gear and facilities but there is a way to put forth ur grievances and concerns. Using abusive and sinister language will only cause hatred and increase the agony.
Lets get back to the topic. My apologies for the emotional outburst earlier but it was asked for and necessary.

I believe the minhas SQUADRON (No.2 squadron I believe) was being referred to which is based at Masroor. But it did replace F-7s, not mirages so your point may still be valid.

What is DER?
Younger brother of Duhh. Sorry could not contain myself.
DER is dual ejector racks.

Apparently I don't have the privilege to comment on TEJAS. Well, i don't understand the technical stuff anyway.
Based on which thread?

The biggest issue we have now is that many people tend to see only a glass half full or half empty. Why cant a glass just be half of its volume. Doesnt have to be full or empty.

Indeed, perhaps name calling in those lose moments make it feel so.

Absolutely not more than the one who has expertise but can't be sidelined for the same reason either.

A pilot may not be a good scientist, but he can surely judge the product of a scientist. Can't take anyones tale as gospel truth.

By sanity if you mean motive, then I am with you but I refuse to accept that armed forces can not be insane. We have plethora of precedents where we have seen national interest gone for a toss for monetary gains, money and power.

PAF is no different, actually none of the forces in world is. The allegiance armed professional have toward their organization sometimes make them biased and they fail to take cognizance of mistakes they or their org did just to keep the faith of population intact, which I agree is important too.

But we need grudge voices to keep things in balance.

There is nothing like "Absolute Truth", so let peace prevails. :)

@Bilal Khan 777 Sir, after a long time some real professional has been added to rank on PDF. Good to read your posts.

I am a refinery/oil man, in my opinion, someone who has only read about petroleum & oil refining would not have sufficient knowledge & background to advise me about what kind of refinery configuration I should have or what should be my crude slate. My post was based on the same premises.

It was never my intention to imply that a military / air force professional cannot be wrong, indeed I have come across many ‘Experts’ who have been wrong primarily because such people are incapable of thinking outside the box. Nevertheless PAF brass has better knowledge of what is on offer and how soon, what is the level & capacity of PAF manpower and the amount of funds available. Therefore their opinion about which weapon system would best meet PAF needs should carry more weight. Hence, if they opt for more F-16’s; I may disagree with their decision but I would not call this an insane choice.

Finally, in my view citing example of Bollywood movie in the matters of national defence was highly inappropriate. Have we forgotten that in a Hollywood movie; Rambo single handed took on the whole Russian Army in Afghanistan and still come out on top!

I am a refinery/oil man, in my opinion, someone who has only read about petroleum & oil refining would not have sufficient knowledge & background to advise me about what kind of refinery configuration I should have or what should be my crude slate. My post was based on the same premises.

It was never my intention to imply that a military / air force professional cannot be wrong, indeed I have come across many ‘Experts’ who have been wrong primarily because such people are incapable of thinking outside the box. Nevertheless PAF brass has better knowledge of what is on offer and how soon, what is the level & capacity of PAF manpower and the amount of funds available. Therefore their opinion about which weapon system would best meet PAF needs should carry more weight. Hence, if they opt for more F-16’s; I may disagree with their decision but I would not call this an insane choice.

Finally, in my view citing example of Bollywood movie in the matters of national defence was highly inappropriate. Have we forgotten that in a Hollywood movie; Rambo single handed took on the whole Russian Army in Afghanistan and still come out on top!

LOL. Good job it was the Soviet army and not the Russian football hooligans in France during Euro 2016. Think Rambo would have struggle there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom