What's new

Interesting Video of Chinese Students learning Bengali

Listen School Kid and the ordinary guy, I guess both of are you from U.K. I have friends From Sylhet and they are more patriotic than I ever will be. They do not consider Sylheti separate language. I guess this sylheti thingy is only unique to expats born outside of the country. I want a second opinion from Sylheti Bangladeshi @TopCat

Yes I know. Have you asked them whether the allegations were true or false?

Even chakma language is bengali.
More indian speaks sylheti than bd. There are other dialect deviated more than sylheti from mainstream bengali like noakhali language.

No he brought it that he and his sisters would conquer Sylhet. I just replied. Anyway India kills Cow Smugglers. I am not jamati and you can't manipulate me by their death. They buy cheap Indian cows so our money goes out of the country. No sympathy there.

And what would I get out of "manipulating" you? What can you or your country do to benefit Pak? Nothing you have no political or geopolitical benefit to Pak...

India kills smugglers and criminals crossing the border illegally. Man or woman. Indian or Bangladeshi.

Any who indulge in illegal cross border activity will be shot.

The jamaati terrorists like to make people believe that BSF kills only Bangladeshis. That is patently untrue. They have killed Indians smugglers crossing the border as well.

Do you know in the past 10 years alone more Bangladeshis have killed by BSF than Germans dying crossing the wall separating the country during Cold War?

We know what bsf is so lets not kid ourselves.

And what would I get out of "manipulating" you? What can you or your country do to benefit Pak? Nothing you have no political or geopolitical benefit to Pak...

India kills smugglers and criminals crossing the border illegally. Man or woman. Indian or Bangladeshi.

The jamaati terrorists like to make people believe that BSF kills only Bangladeshis. That is patently untrue. They have killed Indians smugglers crossing the border as well.

Its a scourge these smugglers. They have opiate factories in India and smuggle the product to Bangladesh or smuggle weapons from Bangladesh to India. Or help Bangladeshi/Indian criminals (jamaatis in particular) jump the border when authorities on one end are chasing them.

This has to end and it will.
Any who indulge in illegal cross border activity will be shot.

Yeah BSF shoots Indian Bengalis as well. As Such West Bengal needs to be liberated from Delhi

When was the last time an Indian felani was shot and thrown on border fence ?

Felani was shot because her father didn't pay bribe and tried to sneak in. BSF is corrupted and known to take bribe from both Indian and Bangladeshis to allow movement across the border.

Felani was coming into Bangladesh. BSF didn't know her nationality

They do not consider Sylheti separate language. I guess this sylheti thingy is only unique to expats born outside of the country. I want a second opinion from Sylheti Bangladeshi
Listen I am telling this first and last time Sylheti is not a dialect of Bengali. Its a language in its own right.

Translate this in Bengali -Zudi huruta shokhal goror kham shesh khore ma-baf shokhal gumanit zaita farba

Bharat-Mata-Mandir-Varanasi-Banaras-Kashi2.jpg

If you are living inside these mountain ranges surrounding BD area then whatever tongue tone boli gali you are talking is necessary Bengali. Any other opinions not granted.
PS Sylheti dialect is really sweet and strong. It took me two days to grasp. And in Sylhet division alone there are some different dialects. It happens in bordering regions when it collides with other mainstream languages. The particular dialect gets more corrupt than the others.

Last edited:
Listen I am telling this first and last time Sylheti is not a dialect of Bengali. Its a language in its own right.

Translate this in Bengali -Zudi huruta shokhal goror kham shesh khore ma-baf shokhal gumanit zaita farba

Well You think I understand all the Bengali words? There are thousands of Bengali words that I don't understand

Zudi = Jodi
Shokhal = Shokal
Goror = Ghorer
Kham = kam / Kaj
shesh = shesh
Khore = kore
ma baf = ma bap
Ghumanit zaita farba = Ghumate jaite parba

Where is the difference?

Lol. And here I thought there'd be informative discussion going on. :rofl:

Ssshhhh! I am debating with a school kid here.

You don't have problem speaking West Bengal dialect of India but hate on your own brotherly language Sylheti spoken by son of soil Bangladeshis This is sad

Don't get offended but truth is Sylheti language is largely considered as uncivilized / uncultured language which has few resemblance with Bengali language. If you try to speak Sylheti with customers in Dhaka or Chittagong instead of proper Bengali or English you will be fired in no time. Even Sylhetis except Londoni ones speak standard Bengali (Promito Bangla) in offices.

Ita Ita (eta), Khita Khita (Ki), Khomu (bolbo).. :crazy:

Last edited:
Well You think I understand all the Bengali words? There are thousands of Bengali words that I don't understand
Those are NOT Bengali words those are Sylheti. Its different language ask Al Zakir or Saiful Islam

Even chakma language is bengali.
More indian speaks sylheti than bd. There are other dialect deviated more than sylheti from mainstream bengali like noakhali language.
Sir, can you give me ISO language code for Chakma and Noakhailla language?

No sir we didnt. See the currency note before 1971.
View attachment 345579
So in Bangla: Ami tumako bhalo Bashi.

Amio tomake valobashi.

This one is after 1952 bro.

Anyway Khaja Nazimuddin was a urdu speaker. His family came from Kashmir only 100 years before 1952. So he ill advised Jinnah that Bengalis want Urdu. So Jinnah declared that Urdu would be the state language. But after Jinnah learnt the truth, Until his death he never opposed Bangla again. After His death Nazimuddin again propagated one state language Urdu which culminated into 1952.

Okays lets agree with your logic.. than why are you forcing yours over the Sylhetis than? Sylhet should seek seperation over it? sound logical to you?

My Late Grandfather never spoke urdu .. he could understand it (he was educated) and yet nobody forced urdu on him?

Im a Balochi speaker and my language is as dear to me as yours is for you.. but when i sit among my fellow countrymen from other ethnic groups.. i dont speak it.. coz they wont understand it.. so we speak urdu .. its like a bridge for us...

None of us are urdu speakers.. probably not even urdu speakers of karachi who themselves come from diverse backgrounds from as far as tamil nadu or Goa.. and yet they speak urdu in public and their own languages among their friends n family..

regional languages are still taught... infact govt education is delievered in local languages depending upon the region/province and nobody has an issue..

Urdu as a common language would have created bridges between east and west.. a bangali CSP officer posted in KPK would have spoken urdu and no bangla or pashto ? or a baloch businessman in dacca could interact with bangalis in a language both understood... and so on..

not really hard to understand is it?

I know a such man now in my local masjid. He hailed from rural Punjab. He speaks Punjabi with everyone including me while I reply in Urdu. I can understand some Punjabi but can not speak it :disagree:

Back
Top Bottom