What's new

Interesting Video of Chinese Students learning Bengali

You don't have problem speaking West Bengal dialect of India but hate on your own brotherly language Sylheti spoken by son of soil Bangladeshis This is sad

Why on earth we need to use any dialect? There is something called Shuddho Bangla. There is clear difference between Shuddho Bangla and West Bengal Bangla. They can't properly pronounce স শ ষ ছ।

And The " brotherly " term can go to hell.

Why on earth we need to use any dialect? There is something called Shuddho Bangla. There is clear difference between Shuddho Bangla and West Bengal Bangla. They can't properly pronounce স শ ষ ছ।

And The " brotherly " term can go to hell.
Tell me why you insulted Sylheti and why do you want us to speak Bengali. Some language chauvinists like you have no problem learning foreign Germanic language English but refuse to learn Urdu. Hypocrite

Tell me why you insulted Sylheti and why do you want us to speak Bengali. Some language chauvinists like you have no problem learning foreign Germanic language English but refuse to learn Urdu. Hypocrite

Because I am not sylheti And I cant understand SylhetI like 90% of other Bangladeshis.

Ask Pakistanis to learn Brotherly language Bangla.. The mother tongue of 56% of Pakistanis (1952)

Because I am not sylheti And I cant understand SylhetI like 90% of other Bangladeshis.

Ask Pakistanis to learn Brotherly language Bangla.. The mother tongue of 56% of Pakistanis (1952)

We also have 55+ native languages but use urdu (which isnt native to us) as common language... is your language superior than ours?

We also have 55+ native languages but use urdu (which isnt native to us) as common language... is your language superior than ours?

No one rejected Urdu. West Pakistan rejected Bengali as the co-state language. ..Anyway That was solved in 1956 and should be irrelevant.

No one rejected Urdu. West Pakistan rejected Bengali as the co-state language. ..Anyway That was solved in 1956 and should be irrelevant.

We didnt reject anything... we thought it was better to choose third language as the linga franca as to unite all ethnic groups... nobody was stopped from speaking their native language in the houses or even govt schools... or among their friends,co workers etc... the crux was that there should be a language (at one point Persian was considered) which wouldnt alienate any ethnic group or create any discrimination against any ethnic group of the federation..

We didnt reject anything... we thought it was better to choose third language as the linga franca as to unite all ethnic groups... nobody was stopped from speaking their native language in the houses or even govt schools... or among their friends,co workers etc... the crux was that there should be a language (at one point Persian was considered) which wouldnt alienate any ethnic group or create any discrimination against any ethnic group of the federation..

How about inventing a common religion to accommodate all Pakistanis instead of the majority Islamic republic? Oh Akbar already invented the common religion like common language Urdu . Nah World doesn't work like that.

Pakistan consisted of five ethnic groups back in '47. None of them had Urdu as Mother Tongue. A neutral link language was needed for national unity among two wings and easier administrative and civil transactions at the federal level. Urdu served this purpose well. Urdu also has thousands of Islamic literature, poems thus opening the door to rich culture. Learning foreign language won't obliterate your mother tongue. So the demand for making Bengali as co-national language was quite unjustified- no other group made such demands.

I don't know why I am explaining this to you....clearly speakers of languages other than Bengali are inferior to you. I just asked which Bengali dialect they were learning, instead you brought up my mother tongue Sylheti and insulted it. Shame

How about inventing a common religion to accommodate all Pakistanis instead of the majority Islamic republic? Oh Akbar already invented the common religion like common language Urdu . Nah World doesn't work like that.
Religion and language aren't the same thing and FYI, Pakistan is 98% Muslim so you keep your divisive propaganda to yourself

How about inventing a common religion to accommodate all Pakistanis instead of the majority Islamic republic? Oh Akbar already invented one like Urdu . Nah World doesn't work like that.

Okays lets agree with your logic.. than why are you forcing yours over the Sylhetis than? Sylhet should seek seperation over it? sound logical to you?

My Late Grandfather never spoke urdu .. he could understand it (he was educated) and yet nobody forced urdu on him?

Im a Balochi speaker and my language is as dear to me as yours is for you.. but when i sit among my fellow countrymen from other ethnic groups.. i dont speak it.. coz they wont understand it.. so we speak urdu .. its like a bridge for us...

None of us are urdu speakers.. probably not even urdu speakers of karachi who themselves come from diverse backgrounds from as far as tamil nadu or Goa.. and yet they speak urdu in public and their own languages among their friends n family..

regional languages are still taught... infact govt education is delievered in local languages depending upon the region/province and nobody has an issue..

Urdu as a common language would have created bridges between east and west.. a bangali CSP officer posted in KPK would have spoken urdu and no bangla or pashto ? or a baloch businessman in dacca could interact with bangalis in a language both understood... and so on..

not really hard to understand is it?

Okays lets agree with your logic.. than why are you forcing yours over the Sylhetis than? Sylhet should seek seperation over it? sound logical to you?

My Late Grandfather never spoke urdu .. he could understand it (he was educated) and yet nobody forced urdu on him?

Im a Balochi speaker and my language is as dear to me as yours is for you.. but when i sit among my fellow countrymen from other ethnic groups.. i dont speak it.. coz they wont understand it.. so we speak urdu .. its like a bridge for us...

None of us are urdu speakers.. probably not even urdu speakers of karachi who themselves come from diverse backgrounds from as far as tamil nadu or Goa.. and yet they speak urdu in public and their own languages among their friends n family..

regional languages are still taught... infact govt education is delievered in local languages depending upon the region/province and nobody has an issue..

Urdu as a common language would have created bridges between east and west.. a bangali CSP officer posted in KPK would have spoken urdu and no bangla or pashto ? or a baloch businessman in dacca could interact with bangalis in a language both understood... and so on..

not really hard to understand is it?

Too Bad we are Bengalis. And West Pakistan tried to impose Urdu over Bengali right when we were amidst Bengali Renaissance and Got served. Clearly We werent meant to be together and Jinnah made a mistake by altering Fazlul Haq's lahore resolution of Multiple States into Single State.

Pakistan consisted of five ethnic groups back in '47. None of them had Urdu as Mother Tongue. A neutral link language was needed for national unity among two wings and easier administrative and civil transactions at the federal level. Urdu served this purpose well. Urdu also has thousands of Islamic literature, poems thus opening the door to rich culture. Learning foreign language won't obliterate your mother tongue. So the demand for making Bengali as co-national language was quite unjustified- no other group made such demands.

I don't know why I am explaining this to you....clearly speakers of languages other than Bengali are inferior to you. I just asked which Bengali dialect they were learning, instead you brought up my mother tongue Sylheti and insulted it. Shame

Religion and language aren't the same thing and FYI, Pakistan is 98% Muslim so you keep your divisive propaganda to yourself

98% Muslims? You Forgot about Hindus of East Pakistan or they weren't Pakistani to you? Do you even have a Red Green passport to talk on behalf of Sylhetis? Sylheti is a Bengali dialect not a separate language.

Too Bad we are Bengalis. And West Pakistan tried to impose Urdu over Bengali right when we were amidst Bengali Renaissance and Got served. Clearly We werent meant to be together and Jinnah made a mistake by altering Fazlul Haq's lahore resolution of Multiple States into Single State.

Thankfully people like you didnt make a fuzz over arabic or the Prophet Mohammad PBUH being arab..

And what did the so called renassance get you? vessel state of india.

Back
Top Bottom