What's new

Inside Pakistan's Sharp Sword - The Special Service Group (SSG).

each Group is best at what they do, though the competition exists b/w each but ultimately each is best to their own domain...

High Altitude Mountain Warfare to LoC cross border attacks, HALO Paratroopers / Pathfinders to Anti Terrorism Unit, each group works in their own domain & trains to achieve peak performance in that domain.....

Musa Company is the designated Frogman Team & they train specifically for ambitious assualt that doesn't mean that Powindah will not have Frogman,

If you are looking for a counter part to US Spec Ops Tier 1 groups like Seal Team or CAG then SSG itself is the counter part to these units
JazakAllah but yet another question
What are the roles of all the units? and what R Wing bhai said was write or not?
each Group is best at what they do, though the competition exists b/w each but ultimately each is best to their own domain...

High Altitude Mountain Warfare to LoC cross border attacks, HALO Paratroopers / Pathfinders to Anti Terrorism Unit, each group works in their own domain & trains to achieve peak performance in that domain.....

Musa Company is the designated Frogman Team & they train specifically for ambitious assualt that doesn't mean that Powindah will not have Frogman,

If you are looking for a counter part to US Spec Ops Tier 1 groups like Seal Team or CAG then SSG itself is the counter part to these units
What????????????do?????????you????????????mean????????????
I seriously thought the the rest SSG was tier 2 like green berets and Zarrar was the tier 1.
if you can prove this state(give me a satisfying answer) then tonight i might just sleep peacefully not thinking which is the best unit of SSG???????????🖖

What's the equivalent of Seal Team 6?

and then if SSG itself is Tier 1, who is Tier 2
and CAG has expertise in counter terrorism, Zarrar has expertise in counter terrorism
The whole SAS has expertise in counter terrorism
then how do the different units of SSG differ?
and R Wing bhai said Zarrar was Tier 1.............. Everything so confusing for me(the reason i am always asking question and can't go to sleep because of curiosty..............(well i got sleep but kahwat hai)
What's the equivalent of Seal Team 6?
Assalam o Alaikum
@Foxtrot Alpha bhaiya said the whole SSG is there equivalent(and thus Tier 1) and then there are people who say Zarrar is our only expert and Tier 1.
If Zarrar is expert in counter terrorsim then baki kya kar rahey hai. Don't do they kill terrorists????????
Allah ki Kasam Dua donga jus ne mujhe satisfy kia.........:smitten:
And so everyone knows how to do anything....but has experitse in their own domain
ok yet some more answers...........

Last edited:
and then if SSG itself is Tier 1, who is Tier 2
and CAG has expertise in counter terrorism, Zarrar has expertise in counter terrorism
The whole SAS has expertise in counter terrorism
the how do the different units of SSG differ?
and R Wing bhai said Zarrar was Tier 1.............. Everything so confusing for me(the reason i am always asking question and can't go to sleep because of curiosty..............(well i got sleep but kahwat hai)

Assalam o Alaikum
@Foxtrot Alpha bhaiya said the whole SSG is there equivalent(and thus Tier 1) and then there are people who say Zarrar is our only expert and Tier 1.
If Zarrar is expert in counter terrorsim then baki kya kar rahey hai. Don't do they kill terrorists????????
Allah ki Kasam Dua donga jus ne mujhe satisfy kia.........:smitten:
And so everyone knows how to do anything....but has experitse in their own domain
ok yet some more answers...........
bhai, don't compare US Uk system to ours, their Spec Ops structures differs from ours...
Going by What you are saying about US Tier 1 group being Seal Team 6 & Delta / CAG then what is Tron Victor?
Bloody hell this unit doesn't even have one name for more than 6 months and recruits from Tier 1 units....so what does this mean that it is Tier 0 unit??

Bottom line don't stress yourself over this & go to sleep....Each Unit in SSG specializes in it;s own doman. Zarrar is go to team for Anti Terror ops in Close quarters / building clearance & are equipped according to the needs of the Op.

bhai, don't compare US Uk system to ours, their Spec Ops structures differs from ours...
Going by What you are saying about US Tier 1 group being Seal Team 6 & Delta / CAG then what is Tron Victor?
Bloody hell this unit doesn't even have one name for more than 6 months and recruits from Tier 1 units....so what does this mean that it is Tier 0 unit??

Bottom line don't stress yourself over this & go to sleep....Each Unit in SSG specializes in it;s own doman. Zarrar is go to team for Anti Terror ops in Close quarters / building clearance & are equipped according to the needs of the Op.
JazakAllah JazakAllah
but probably the last question to ask
your review on this:
1.) Zarrar is the Tier 1 unit. It was set up on the lines of the British SAS, just like the US Delta Force was/is. Karrar is another unit that was created with American assistance specifically for the WOT. SOTF was yet another unit specifically for FATA ops (specific to the terrain, heli ops, etc.) Karrar has been absorbed into Zarrar now. Zarrar was perfectly capable of handling all roles but was a very small team reserved for HVTs, etc.

2.) An SSG commando can gain skills in various specialties. Courses are run at the Special Operations School and elsewhere (even abroad.) However, some tend to stick to their (very difficult) specializations, like the "frog men" of Musa Coy or the "anti terrorists" of Zarrar. Jack of all trades, master of some ;)

3.) Zarrar, like any Tier 1 unit, is perfectly capable of fighting any enemy force --- however, not in the conventional sense. Read up on JSOC missions --- one can assume that any other worthy Tier 1 unit would have the same mission set, except in our case we are mostly operating internally or in the region (vs. on different continents.)

Actually, the American SMUs are - by all measures - bloody brilliant. Granted, they have the best tech at their disposal and the support of the world's main superpower. But that doesn't mean that tactically they have been very good.

The issue is at the strategic level where the States (in my opinion) wants to get itself into intractable quagmires so it can remain in parts of the world where it wants to maintain a presence.

Also, the phrase "US SF" specifically refers to the US Army Special Forces (aka Green Berets) whose main mission is training guerilla forces in other countries (Foreign Internal Defense, not Direct Action.) Though the US SF does have some direct action-focused teams within it, the premier direct action and special recon units are the SMUs under JSOC (DEVGRU, Delta, ISA, 24th Special Tactics etc.)

Finally, I absolutely agree with your point that our spec ops units (SSG) achieved stunning results against internal militants.
@R Wing said Zarrar is tier 1
and the following thread also indirectly says something:
Plus one more thing
Who do you think will win SSG vs SAS, CAG, DEVGRU, blah blah blah

it is not Tier 1...end of story
JazakAllah bro........................... Now i will pray for you
BTW my monkey mind is asking for a solid source on this information like something solid.(like are you in Intel, Spec OPs, etc.)
and in your about on your profile you wrote in your occupation "Hunting Terrorists". Do you really do that or just a joke(just a hint bhaiya Please)

Last edited:
in your about on your profile you wrote in your occupation "Hunting Terrorists". Do you really do that or just a joke(just a hint bhaiya Please
Not a joke !!!

now you are more than welcome to deduce anything from that

Google is your friend mate, doubt you will find a Tier 1 operator here who will brag about their ops online, about who is the best? Well who manages the first reaction, first shot and first kill, rest from what I have gathered is that info you want to hear is all very patriotic filmi topgun type hehe
JazakAllah bro........................... Now i will pray for you
BTW my monkey mind is asking for a solid source on this information like something solid.(like are you in Intel, Spec OPs, etc.)
and in your about on your profile you wrote in your occupation "Hunting Terrorists". Do you really do that or just a joke(just a hint bhaiya Please)

Google is your friend mate, doubt you will find a Tier 1 operator here who will brag about their ops online, about who is the best? Well who manages the first reaction, first shot and first kill, rest from what I have gathered is that info you want to hear is all very patriotic filmi topgun type hehe
Asslam o Alaikum
no I was just asking @Foxtrot Alpha how closely he has worked with SSG so i can just rely on his info and go to sleep

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom