What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

SBY.jpg

the old Soldiers, true statesman of Indonesia

the old Soldiers, true statesman of Indonesia
He deserves Oscar award for his political stunts during the direct election polemic in the house of representatives :)
I thank him for the commitment in building and developing our defense system but in internal politic, a True Coward and Corrupt.

He deserves Oscar award for his political stunts during the direct election polemic in the house of representatives :)
I thank him for the commitment in building and developing our defense system but in internal politic, a True Coward and Corrupt.

I agree with you, but I think let us put this aside right now. This is our internal matter. Our own country matter. So it is not wise to bring it to an international forum like this.

corrupt? are you sure? he was brave enough to let KPK to eradicate and clean his party from any corruption cases, even his close relation is doesn't get any spare from the law enforcement. In politics? if you are not naive enough you should know he is the one who laying the true form of Democracy in Indonesia, not only he can set a precedence to let a young and more vigor Politician like Jokowi, Risma, Dahlan, and other thriving and rising without any fear from persecution and political barrier

I agree with you, but I think let us put this aside right now. This is our internal matter. Our own country matter. So it is not wise to bring it to an international forum like this.
im just replying madoka post.
Every major corruption case in Indonesia are published on foreign newspaper.
Glorifying someone like him in international forum its not a wise thing to do as if we are all blinded by his PR imaging campaign.
But yes, he deserves credits for building our armed forces. But a statesman? yes in gesture but not in action.

corrupt? are you sure? he was brave enough to let KPK to eradicate and clean his party from any corruption cases, even his close relation is doesn't get any spare from the law enforcement.
.. and what happen to the man who put his close relation to jail?

In politics? if you are not naive enough you should know he is the one who laying the true form of Democracy in Indonesia
He blew it at the last minutes, swallowing his own words and let his party to leave the fight for democratic election while he know his party can change the results of the voting.

not only he can set a precedence to let a young and more vigor Politician like Jokowi, Risma, Dahlan, and other thriving and rising without any fear from persecution and political barrier
"Without any fear from persecution" Helloooo what can make Jokowi, Risma, Dahlan be persecuted??
Setting a precedence? please open your eyes, he just close any change for other people like Jokowi and Risma to rise by leaving the outnumbered PDIP, Hanura dan PKB in a vote against the anti-democratic election faction.

Last edited:
Indonesian Navy SEALs (KOPASKA) rehearsing their Heli Water Jump demonstration for the upcoming Indonesian Armed Forces 69th Anniversary Parade being held at the Indonesian Navy Eastern Fleet Command Naval Base (Koarmatim).
Water-Jump-250914-MRH-1.jpg

Beautiful cooperative platform ! ;)

By then, we will have 4 Light Carriers, and 3 Amphibious Assault Ships, with 43 F-35As serving in the JASDF, and another 40 F-35Bs serving in the JMSDF and associated Light Carriers. Not to even include our already substantial Surface Capital Ships. I'm not even including our Submarine Fleet incremental changes by 2025.

;)
I doubt you have even 1 carrier, you might have 3 assault ships, which we have 6, right now, you might have some F-35s, but we also have fifth gen,

You can do what you want, but Japan's size limits it's budget.

All that I listed isn't what I think will happen, it's what people conservatively have confirmed. See, to see the Chinese military tea leafs, Forums are somehow the best way, crazy I know.

I doubt you have even 1 carrier, you might have 3 assault ships, which we have 6, right now, you might have some F-35s, but we also have fifth gen,

All that I listed isn't what I think will happen, it's what people conservatively have confirmed. See, to see the Chinese military tea leafs, Forums are somehow the best way, crazy I know.

Well, Izumo with F-35B is a carrier I think, lol. But let put that aside. I know that you're smart and understand military stuffs more than the other Chinese posters here. You're not a troll. I think Nihonjin also respect you, and you are one of my favorite Chinese poster in PDF. So let us discuss military stuff in a more positive way. Whatever it is Indonesia, China, and Japan. We know that Indonesia still need to run faster and harder to chase your accomplishment. But I think friends should be discuss in positive way and not just jabs each others pointlessly.

We have 2 Light carriers of the Hyuga class, 1 light carrier of the Izumo class and 1 more being constructed. The beauty of Japan's light carriers is that we can project as a blue water navy, enough to land an invasion force. The AAS that we plan to procure (+ build) will help Japan protect the sea lanes and aid in any expeditionary capabilities.

You're right, our defense budget is very modest, at 0.9% of the GDP, and we spend about $60 Billion per year on national defense. But that does not include our recent defense plan that alots over $240 Billion for military equipment procurement. :)

Its good to trade input. Its good to know the other side.

Well, Izumo with F-35B is a carrier I think, lol. But let put that aside. I know that you're smart and understand military stuffs more than the other Chinese posters here. You're not a troll. I think Nihonjin also respect you, and you are one of my favorite Chinese poster in PDF. So let us discuss military stuff in a more positive way. Whatever it is Indonesia, China, and Japan. We know that Indonesia still need to run faster and harder to chase your accomplishment. But I think friends should be discuss in positive way and not just jabs each others pointlessly.
lol, You need to move to Canada, and mostly America. It surprise me how our mutual Japanese friend doesn't have this mentality, maybe he went to America too late.

Either way, my way or the highway is the American way, and sort of the Canadian way, I been there too long. lol

We have 2 Light carriers of the Hyuga class, 1 light carrier of the Izumo class and 1 more being constructed. The beauty of Japan's light carriers is that we can project as a blue water navy, enough to land an invasion force. The AAS that we plan to procure (+ build) will help Japan protect the sea lanes and aid in any expeditionary capabilities.

That's what you meant? I thought it was that magazine piece you showed one time. Well in that case you probably have more don't you have 3 Izumo or something and another class that you didn't include.

I purposely didn't say anything about the LHDs, for one I have no clue on those, while it's not difficult to construct right now, it's not really needed right now, nor do we have the helicopters or staff to handle them. Too many new platforms in China is really pushing the officer core to the limit.

So I wouldn't expect these ships be brought to their full potential before 2025, and most likely beyond. 2050, is really the deadline for this anyways.

You're right, our defense budget is very modest, at 0.9% of the GDP, and we spend about $60 Billion per year on national defense. But that does not include our recent defense plan that alots over $240 Billion for military equipment procurement. :)

Servicing is the money maker, I know because most of what gives my bosswoman the cash to pay me comes from servicing. Though that should still leave plenty for new weapons.

Arms race, it's on man, it's on.

Its good to trade input. Its good to know the other side.
yes it is. Yes, it is.

(Before this thread is hijacked by Nihonjin1051 with his mighty Hyuuga and Izomo..., so I desperately goggling for Indonesia military photo. I think this is an old photo, but hopefully can kick his Hyuuga and Izumo from this thread :cheers: )

5deda315e6421bcb19ee838d5ee66479.jpg

lol, You need to move to Canada, and mostly America. It surprise me how our mutual Japanese friend doesn't have this mentality, maybe he went to America too late.

Either way, my way or the highway is the American way, and sort of the Canadian way, I been there too long. lol

That's what you meant? I thought it was that magazine piece you showed one time. Well in that case you probably have more don't you have 3 Izumo or something and another class that you didn't include.

I purposely didn't say anything about the LHDs, for one I have no clue on those, while it's not difficult to construct right now, it's not really needed right now, nor do we have the helicopters or staff to handle them. Too many new platforms in China is really pushing the officer core to the limit.

So I wouldn't expect these ships be brought to their full potential before 2025, and most likely beyond. 2050, is really the deadline for this anyways.

Servicing is the money maker, I know because most of what gives my bosswoman the cash to pay me comes from servicing. Though that should still leave plenty for new weapons.

yes it is. Yes, it is.

China is definitely need an LHD, believe me.

Indonesia has a ship that almost a helo carrier. I don't know if it is an LPD or something. I know that it is not as uber as Type 071, but nevertheless it's shiny. You see that, it's shiny :dirol:

7ed2673be3ec93419f698ba7ae3951de.png

Last edited:

We know that there is 1 Izumo class active, 1 is under construction, and there are plans to increase this number and I doubt the JMSDF will release information soon.

lol, sure there are some North Americans that have that "my way or the highway" attitude, but that's a very narrow minded view. People that think like that are resistant to compromise. Americans, in general, are very individualistic people, they cherish their ability to think and decide objectively and independently. This is a stark contrast from most Asian, especially Northeast Asian societies wherein we espouse a collectivist attitude. Even your own Chinese national anthem has a stanza that states, "A million souls, but one heart." But going back to North Americans; they are individualistic, but are pro-compromise.

It seems that the Chinese defense industry is in a construction mode right now. That's good, it indicates high innovation, and will drive competition with partners. I view competition as a healthy component as it encourages creativity, research and design. Keep it up !

he he he. takes two to tango, buddy. :dance3:

(Before this thread is hijacked by Nihonjin1051 with his mighty Hyuuga and Izomo..., so I desperately goggling for Indonesia military photo. I think this is an old photo, but hopefully can kick his Hyuuga and Izumo from this thread :cheers: )

View attachment 104616

China is definitely need an LHD, believe me.

Indonesia has a ship that almost a helo carrier. I don't know if it is an LPD or something. I know that it is not as uber as Type 071, but nevertheless it's shiny. You see that, it's shiny :dirol:

View attachment 104629

Indonesia Raya!

2982ff61e88386b322850803b7c5c65b.jpg

5deda315e6421bcb19ee838d5ee66479.jpg

Last edited:
You know, I interest to discuss about LHD. Genesis said that China doesn't need LHD, while I think LHD is a must for a navy. And I'm also curious about Izumo and Hyuuga (which is also an LHD, I suspect). But I don't think that it is wise for us to derail this thread furthermore. What are you suggest, Genesis, Nihonjin?

Back
Top Bottom