What's new

India’s Rupee Slides to 13-Month Low 63.495. 2014 GDP = 1.72 trillion

alonsofff123

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
India’s Rupee Slides to 13-Month Low After Trade Deficit Widens

India’s rupee slumped to a 13-month low as concern over global growth led to a selloff in emerging-market currencies and after data showed the nation’s trade deficit widened.

2014 GDP = 1.72 trillion

India poised to be a $2 trillion economy in 2014 = Missing the Target. Only 1.72 trillion now. The Indian currency weakened 0.9 percent to 63.4950 a dollar as of 11:09 a.m. in Mumbai, according to prices from local banks compiled by Bloomberg. It touched 63.4975 earlier, the lowest level since November 2013. The yield on local sovereign bonds due July 2024 climbed eight basis points to 7.92 percent, poised for its biggest advance since August, prices from the central bank’s trading system show.

“The nervousness in the currency market spilled over into other Indian asset classes,” said Debendra Kumar Dash, a fixed-income trader at DCB Bank Ltd. in Mumbai. “That’s being reflected in bonds.”

The unexpected contraction in industrial output in October

A slew of negative data points have hit domestic sentiments, analysts say. Trade deficit widened to $16.9 billion in November - an 18 month high. A year ago, trade deficit was under $10 billion. The unexpected contraction in industrial output in October has sparked concerns about economic growth.

Source ?.. Parts are true . It will be very kind of you to provide a source especially for the GDP part .. Thank you

5% real GDP growth for financial year 2014-2015.

India should buy more weapons, thats the only way to strenghten their economy
It is already happening...

Modi doubles weapons spending

The worst is the Indian think is a good thing? If modi reduced defence spending and redirect the budget into infrastruture, education and raising the standard living of ordinary Indian, like what China is doing in the 1995 to 2003. I will be more worried. Obviously my worry is redundant . :D

5% real GDP growth for financial year 2014-2015.

Oh ya here we got another Chinese specialized in Indian Economy .and pull out the GDP data of 5% from his rear even before ithappens. :sarcastic:

It is already happening...

Modi doubles weapons spending

The worst is the Indian think is a good thing? If modi reduced defence spending and redirect the budget into infrastruture, education and raising the standard living of ordinary Indian, like what China is doing in the 1995 to 2003. I will be more worried. Obviously my worry is redundant . :D

Noone cares about your concern and worry in here.

Great, go ahead and spend more money on defense ahead of economy reformed priorities. Modi, Chinese people support you. :D
The voice of Chinese people is not heard in their own country, who will hear their voice on PDF?

Great, go ahead and spend more money on defense ahead of economy reformed priorities. Modi, Chinese people support you. :D

Noone needs Chinese people support and your advice in here.

Back
Top Bottom