What's new

India’s Rupee Slides to 13-Month Low 63.495. 2014 GDP = 1.72 trillion

So when will India finally break the $2 trillion mark in nominal GDP?

It was supposed to have happened several years ago.

India’s Rupee Slides to 13-Month Low After Trade Deficit Widens

India’s rupee slumped to a 13-month low as concern over global growth led to a selloff in emerging-market currencies and after data showed the nation’s trade deficit widened.

2014 GDP = 1.72 trillion

India poised to be a $2 trillion economy in 2014 = Missing the Target. Only 1.72 trillion now. The Indian currency weakened 0.9 percent to 63.4950 a dollar as of 11:09 a.m. in Mumbai, according to prices from local banks compiled by Bloomberg. It touched 63.4975 earlier, the lowest level since November 2013. The yield on local sovereign bonds due July 2024 climbed eight basis points to 7.92 percent, poised for its biggest advance since August, prices from the central bank’s trading system show.

“The nervousness in the currency market spilled over into other Indian asset classes,” said Debendra Kumar Dash, a fixed-income trader at DCB Bank Ltd. in Mumbai. “That’s being reflected in bonds.”

The unexpected contraction in industrial output in October

A slew of negative data points have hit domestic sentiments, analysts say. Trade deficit widened to $16.9 billion in November - an 18 month high. A year ago, trade deficit was under $10 billion. The unexpected contraction in industrial output in October has sparked concerns about economic growth.

The current exchange rate is $1 = Rs. 63.62, please post the new GDP value :lol:

I am curious to know India's GDP for 2014 year, December month, 17th 7:58 PM , 22 seconds, 3 milliseconds

$1 - Google Search

I've been saying this for a loooong time but the Indians keep regurgitating their 5-6-7-12% growth rate garbage here.

Those growth rates were estimates by Global Financials organizations, so slurp the "regurgitation" real clean, you can add some gutter oil for taste :D

What they don't realize is, currencies have the ability to break a nation. India's GDP actually contracted from 2011 to 2012, despite 6% or 7% or whatever GDP growth for that year.

I said it may very well happen again this year, and they found it funny. Can't wait to see the IMF publish the statistics next year in April
Indeed they do, when Rupee value vs $ reaches $ reaches 63.496, Lakshadweep is going to breakup from India like Taiwan did from China and becomes an American protectorate :(

So when will India finally break the $2 trillion mark in nominal GDP?

It was supposed to have happened several years ago.
It's $ 2.04 trillion now .Refer IMF figures in Wikipedia. I know u really love to troll so please don't replay & keep out of this troll thread about India & post something productive.

It's $ 2.04 trillion now .Refer IMF figures in Wikipedia. I know u really love to troll so please don't replay & keep out of this troll thread about India & post something productive.
2014 is IMF estimate, 2014 values are not yet released.

2014 is not over yet.

What you are taking about is future estimates. Not current facts.

The latest annual data is from 2013.

2014 is IMF estimate, 2014 values are not yet released.
It's the IMF's future prediction of Economy in terms of nominal GDP (2014) which is $2.047 trillion to be exact. These projections are based on the current status.

It's the IMF's future prediction of Economy in terms of nominal GDP (2014) which is $2.047 trillion to be exact. These projections are based on the current status.
Let us wait til 2014 figures are released:), not sure about Indian economy shrinking or growing. but for sure, some members here would die from excessive dehydration due to salivating and foaming on this thread ;)

Indeed they do, when Rupee value vs $ reaches $ reaches 63.496, Lakshadweep is going to breakup from India like Taiwan did from China and becomes an American protectorate :(

When someone says "break a nation", it's not meant to be taken literally. I realize some cultures don't understand the concept of figurative language yet so I'm willing to let this one go.

IMF estimates for 2012 and 2013 were also around $2.1 and $2.0 trillion. IMF estimates are worthless for currencies without stable currencies because they do not take into account currency fluctuations, which is why the actual IMF published statistics diverge so much from their yearly estimates, especially for countries like India.

India actually contracted by over $20 billion between 2011 and 2012, despite the IMF estimating a $200 billion increase.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

brentcrude20121212chart.png

gold_1_year_o_usd.png

Usually when the rupee slides to new lows, either the gold prices or the oil or both play havoc on top of your structural deficits which are expected
While the oil (since Q2, 2013) has been kind to you but you guys are rushing to stock up gold against the loss of value in the rupees.
I thought the Indian government has reduced its subsidies to the poor. No?

usd_to_inr_since99.png

India in the greatest panic mode again!:coffee:

1991 Indian economic crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

India in crisis mode as rupee hits record low - Aug. 28, 2013

http://www.nytimes.com/glogin?URI=http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/08/29/indias-economic-crisis/?_r=0

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom