What's new

India’s Manushi Chhillar crowned Miss World 2017

How can a true feminist even tolerate this superficial BS? Who the hell are these folks to judge any woman? Especially at the expense of another. What the hell does this "Miss World 2017" BS mean anyway? Such a vanity fair, especially amusing to see Indians, especially men fawning with their mouths and falling over each other to congratulate her.

&%£*ing Patriarchy, using women to push through superficial and artificial expectations of women. Any women who takes part in these should be ashamed of themselves for letting the sisters down. :angry:

patriarchy-and-oppression-patriarchy-and-oppression-everywhere.jpg

Many people liking her smile. I guess my standards are different. The only miss world I liked from India was Priyanka.
It's not even about beauty. It's also about diplomacy (hypocrisy), words and since Indians are good at that.
Baghal main churi, munh main ram ram.
It should have been 30/67 rather than 6/67.
I would say India is under achieving.
Salama.

How can a true feminist even tolerate this superficial BS? Who the hell are these folks to judge any woman? Especially at the expense of another. What the hell does this "Miss World 2017" BS mean anyway? Such a vanity fair, especially amusing to see Indians, especially men fawning with their mouths and falling over each other to congratulate her.

&%£*ing Patriarchy, using women to push through superficial and artificial expectations of women. Any women who takes part in these should be ashamed of themselves for letting the sisters down. :angry:

patriarchy-and-oppression-patriarchy-and-oppression-everywhere.jpg

Her parents are very happy and she is very happy.Here comes a gentleman talking about oppression :cheesy:

Many people liking her smile. I guess my standards are different. The only miss world I liked from India was Priyanka.
It's not even about beauty. It's also about diplomacy (hypocrisy), words and since Indians are good at that.
Baghal main churi, munh main ram ram.
It should have been 30/67 rather than 6/67.
I would say India is under achieving.
Salama.

So following to your logic, pakistan achieved a lot after Miss world, since you don't participate,interesting..

Her parents are very happy and she is very happy.Here comes a gentleman talking about oppression :cheesy:

Parents that sell their kids to the highest bidder are also happy they got a nice paycheck. Doesn't make it right.

And please, did you just assume my gender?

Beauty pageants and feminism are not compatible – it's time for them to die a well deserved death

@Well.wisher @Moonlight

Do you folks not agree?

She is a medical student and her father and mother are doctors and here comes a gentleman talking about highest bidder,interesting !

Here comes a guy defending a sexist and misogynistic vanity fair, only so he can boast about how great his country is. Keep your sexism to yourself.

So following to your logic, pakistan achieved a lot after Miss world, since you don't participate,interesting..

No, we know we can't compete with Indians in hypocrisy.

Basu is a Bengali hindu surname.Is her father's root in West Bengal?

Obviously Basu is her Mother's name which is why its the second title and doesnot come at the end.

To all those funny pakistanis claiming average village girl looking better than Manushi, well, you guys have no idea how much of a pressure round the final few rounds are. And your final rounds doesn't depend on your looks but the poise and composure with which you answer the judges' questions !

Back
Top Bottom