What's new

Indian Railways 2020!

Have to agree my friend.
China spends 9 times more each year on its railways than India.

Hard to believe India would surpass China in railways.

Be frank here, how many kilometer railway are in plan before 2020 ? Does Modi have a serious plan and money in hand to do it ?

As far as I know, China will have at least 120,000 km railway by 2020, it is more likely to come earlier since many project are being brought forward. For instance, China in the beginning of this year, 2014, 44 new projects are being planned, but now, in fact, 64 new projects are started with money insured. The bullet train, so called High Speed Railway(HSR) will reach 16,000 kilometers long, linking most of the Chinese provincial capitals within 8 hours travel.

So, what is India's plan ? It will be well appreciated if some trusted reference could be provided.

India has the money. The black money in Swiss bank accounts can easily pay for high speed trains. Why are you so pessimistic on everything?
India is a great country despite people like you.
First thing genius i am Modi supporter but i believe in facts
Second how much money you think we have in Swiss Bank? I asked you many question there how much time you think it'll take to build a Bullet train network in India? How much money do we need to build all this? What you think Black Money will make rich and everything perfect ?

Miss travelling in CRH, especially the new G-series. Just traveled in one few days back. They are expensive compared to any Indian train. 250 km in G- series costs about Rs. 1100, the same in India costs about Rs. 400 (Shatabdi AC chair).
I dont think India can catch up with China by 2020. I just hope one or two lines are operational by then.
[UNSET].jpg

Last edited:
Why do you need trains at speed of 300 KM/hr for normal travel when they are not economically viable.

No need to copy China and waste billions on such trains. We cant waste money on such luxury. We need money for education, housing, power, roads, satellites etc.

it hardly affects if I am able to travel from one city to another in 5 hours instead of 2 hours. In fact I would prefer 5 hour journey as it will cost me a fraction of the cost I would have to pay for the high speed train.

China has too much money too waste, India needs to use the money wisely. IF India try to copy China, Indian economy would not be able to stand up-to Chinese. In-fact Chinese would love to see India waster their money on such useless projects.

Build HSR but only on very select routes which can sustain themselves financially and profitably.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887324077704578360163302010902
chinese railway has $430 billion dollar debt, some speculate it to be $600 billion, sorry sweet heart, India cannot afford such huge system untill they are economically viable !
Why have debt when they've trillions in US treasury??

Why do you need trains at speed of 300 KM/hr for normal travel when they are not economically viable.

No need to copy China and waste billions on such trains. We cant waste money on such luxury. We need money for education, housing, power, roads, satellites etc.

it hardly affects if I am able to travel from one city to another in 5 hours instead of 2 hours. In fact I would prefer 5 hour journey as it will cost me a fraction of the cost I would have to pay for the high speed train.

China has too much money too waste, India needs to use the money wisely. IF India try to copy China, Indian economy would not be able to stand up-to Chinese. In-fact Chinese would love to see India waster their money on such useless projects.

Build HSR but only on very select routes which can sustain themselves financially and profitably.
Like mumbai-deli-amristar

WTF is this....title says Indian Railway in 2020 and this guy is posting videos of Chinese railways...this guy is definately a troll !!!
Obviously a Chinese!! He's come here to publicize China's railways. Probably a PR agent of China Railway Corporation! :dirol:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom