What's new

Indian Navy News & Discussions

Btw, are all the Kolkata class under commissioning or in active service? As of Aug 2014, it seems alot of the weapons system are not fully developed yet.

http://www.ndtv.com/opinion/on-ins-kolkata-pm-is-only-partially-correct-654566

Inducted ships without towed array sonar? How can you induct a half baked ship into service? 'Indigenous' French designed Scorpenes? Commissioned without torpedoes? Omg, How can you do something half way and then claim it's complete. Who the heck builds a submarine without first procuring the torpedoes. Real genius.

http://thediplomat.com/2016/05/can-india-counter-chinas-submarine-force/

Even next gen project is 'indigenous' foreign collaboration? Such liberal use of the word indigenous. So basically, you can't even make a complete submarine on your own.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/procedural-delay-hits-navys-submarine-plans/article8490677.ece

Last edited:
£193M SUBMARINE CONTRACT BUOYS JAMES FISHER

James Fisher and Sons, the marine services provider headquartered at Barrow-in-Furness, has signed a £193m submarine rescue service contract with the Indian Navy.

The company has announced that its subsidiary JFD has been awarded the contract by the Indian Navy for the long-term provision of its submarine escape and rescue capability.

The contract entails the design and production of two complete submarine rescue systems for £83m by December 2018 to be assembled and produced at JFD's Inchinnan facility near Glasgow.

A 25-year in-service support contract covering all aspects of the operation and maintenance of the system will commence when the vessels are put into service in India.

Two complete submarine rescue systems will be delivered to the Indian Navy including deep search and rescue vehicles (DSRV), launch and recovery systems (LARS) equipment, transfer under pressure (TUP) systems and all logistics and support equipment required to operate the service.

Nick Henry, chief executive of James Fisher and Sons, said: "As the global leader in submarine rescue services, James Fisher has been awarded the contract by demonstrating, through its work with the Royal Navy, the Australian Navy and the Singapore Navy, a commitment to the safety of the global submarine community over many years.

"We look forward to working with the Indian Navy at the start of this long-term relationship."

https://www.insidermedia.com/insider/northwest/193m-submarine-contract-buoys-james-fisher
Will this be built as dedicated rescue ship or installed/placed on a IN ship

The ship looks great, but why is there rusting? I see it is already sandblasted and painted.
Han Patriot - I really hope your question is not sarcasm. In any ship building process, supporting struts, steel scaffolding adjoining the main hull or part of the main-ship have no treatment and it is these that give the rust run off. Rest assured, the rust runoff from the scaffolding or other unfinished parts of the ship do not cause further damage.

Hope this is clear and you could also take a closer look at other ship yards around the world, China included.

2155902.jpg

2375491.jpg

2375492.jpg

Btw, are all the Kolkata class under commissioning or in active service? As of Aug 2014, it seems alot of the weapons system are not fully developed yet.

http://www.ndtv.com/opinion/on-ins-kolkata-pm-is-only-partially-correct-654566

Inducted ships without towed array sonar? How can you induct a half baked ship into service? 'Indigenous' French designed Scorpenes? Commissioned without torpedoes? Omg, How can you do something half way and then claim it's complete. Who the heck builds a submarine without first procuring the torpedoes. Real genius.

http://thediplomat.com/2016/05/can-india-counter-chinas-submarine-force/

Even next gen project is 'indigenous' foreign collaboration? Such liberal use of the word indigenous. So basically, you can't even make a complete submarine on your own.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/procedural-delay-hits-navys-submarine-plans/article8490677.ece
1. Nope sir that article is year old and now we have Barak-8, 1 and Brahmos installed on the INS Kolkata & Kochi.
2. Scorpene is only suffering from torpedo issue, rest all the issues are taken care of, plus they are still not inducted and under sea trial.
3. We have made our own submarines e.g. Arihant, but we wanted to get the design of small attack submarines from western country, instead of copy pasting their design by stealing it.

Why do all Indian articles on Indian military equipment always emphasize 'advanced' and 'indigenous'? I never see such wordings used elsewhere by other sources for military equipment of other nations

1. Nope sir that article is year old and now we have Barak-8, 1 and Brahmos installed on the INS Kolkata & Kochi.
2. Scorpene is only suffering from torpedo issue, rest all the issues are taken care of, plus they are still not inducted and under sea trial.
3. We have made our own submarines e.g. Arihant, but we wanted to get the design of small attack submarines from western country, instead of copy pasting their design by stealing it.

Actually, I was more interested in its towed array. How can you claim completion when that sonar is not even in? Is it some sort of 'claim credit' mentality? Claiming things are finished even when it's half baked? Same as the supposedly commissioned Scorpene? How can you commission a sub without torpedoes? It's like driving a car without headlights. I think this is a cultural thing, boastful and attention seeking.:bounce:

So how many 'indigenous' subs have you made? Arihant is not even made from Indian steel, LOL, and it's far from being commissioned. This was supposedly a 'secret' project. I had always said, you don't need to spy on India, whatever they want to do in the next 20 years, they will announce it, then you just add another 10 years to it for delays.

Small sub? You dunno the difference between a SSK and SSN do you? You paid billions for this small sub, enough to feed so many dalit kids. Copy? Well at least we paid nothing to copy, learn, absorb, improve, innovate and develop.

Han Patriot - I really hope your question is not sarcasm. In any ship building process, supporting struts, steel scaffolding adjoining the main hull or part of the main-ship have no treatment and it is these that give the rust run off. Rest assured, the rust runoff from the scaffolding or other unfinished parts of the ship do not cause further damage.

Hope this is clear and you could also take a closer look at other ship yards around the world, China included.
I hope you are right. LOL.

Why do all Indian articles on Indian military equipment always emphasize 'advanced' and 'indigenous'? I never see such wordings used elsewhere by other sources for military equipment of other nations
It's a cultural thing. They like to boast, like calling their country a SUPACOWAH

Jane reports Incomplete project 11356 Admiral Butakov, Admiral Istomin & Admiral Kornilov will go to Indian Navy.

IMG_20160805_104031.jpg
IMG_20160805_104034.jpg

Jane reports Incomplete project 11356 Admiral Butakov, Admiral Istomin & Admiral Kornilov will go to Indian Navy.

View attachment 323401 View attachment 323402
A link please, but didn't they find a local power source for these?

http://www.janes.com/article/62520/china-rolls-out-indigenous-flying-boat

Please do a little research before commenting

Actually, I was more interested in its towed array. How can you claim completion when that sonar is not even in? Is it some sort of 'claim credit' mentality? Claiming things are finished even when it's half baked? Same as the supposedly commissioned Scorpene? How can you commission a sub without torpedoes? It's like driving a car without headlights. I think this is a cultural thing, boastful and attention seeking.:bounce:

So how many 'indigenous' subs have you made? Arihant is not even made from Indian steel, LOL, and it's far from being commissioned. This was supposedly a 'secret' project. I had always said, you don't need to spy on India, whatever they want to do in the next 20 years, they will announce it, then you just add another 10 years to it for delays.

Small sub? You dunno the difference between a SSK and SSN do you? You paid billions for this small sub, enough to feed so many dalit kids. Copy? Well at least we paid nothing to copy, learn, absorb, improve, innovate and develop.
No Indian has claimed that we have designed & developed an indigenous submarines. You always take some foreign parts and integrate it. We do not have capacity of China to steal & copy , to manufacture every parts, etc we learn and we make.
Scorpenes are still not commissioned and torpedo will be installed once the deal is done with Italians or french.
And stop bringing dalits here, open your own thread and enjoy your orgasm there.

Han Patriot, learn the entire meaning of COMMISSIONING a ship first from those in nautical industry. And then babble your superiority infused sarcasm here.

Han Patriot, learn the entire meaning of COMMISSIONING a ship first from those in nautical industry. And then babble your superiority infused sarcasm here.
So tell me the meaning. Commissioning means the ship and its'subsystem' are ready. Then you go for trials. Maybe you guys have a different definition? Commissioning without radars? Commissioning without torpedoes?

A link please, but didn't they find a local power source for these?

http://www.janes.com/article/62520/china-rolls-out-indigenous-flying-boat

Please do a little research before commenting
Whats wrong with that link, the whole ship is indigenous from the body to the engines to the avionics. What he meant was Indy calling everything indigenous n advanced when even the steel was imported.:o:

Back
Top Bottom