What's new

Indian Muslim women can travel for Hajj without ‘mahram’: PM Modi

Shahzaz ud din

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Indian Muslim women can travel for Hajj without ‘mahram’: PM Modi
World
by Muhammad Irfan | Published on December 31, 2017 (Edited December 31, 2017)
hajj-1024x678.jpg

Facebook
Twitter
Reddit
NEW DELHI – Terming the policy of allowing Muslim women to perform Hajj only in the company of a male guardian as “injustice”, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said his government has removed the restriction following which hundreds of women have applied to travel alone for the pilgrimage.

According to the Ministry of Minority Affairs, now Muslim women aged above 45 will be allowed to go for the pilgrimage without ‘mahram’ in a group of at least four.

In his monthly radio address, the PM said removal of the restriction of having a male guardian or ‘mahram’ may appear as a “small thing”, but such issues “have a far-reaching impact on our image as a society”.

“Why this discrimination? And when I went into the depth of the matter I was surprised to find that even after 70 years of our independence, we were the ones who had imposed these restrictions. For decades, injustice was being rendered to Muslim women but there was no discussion on it,” he said in his broadcast.

He pointed out that such a restriction is not prevalent in many Islamic countries.

“I am happy to note that this time about 1,300 Muslim women have applied to perform Hajj without ‘mahram’ and women from different parts of the country from Kerala to north India, have expressed their wish to go for the Hajj pilgrimage,” he said.

Modi said he has suggested to the Ministry of Minority Affairs that they should ensure that all women who have applied to travel alone be allowed to perform Hajj.

“Usually there is a lottery system for selection of Hajj pilgrims but I would like that single women pilgrims should be excluded from this lottery system and they should be given a chance as a special category,” added PM Modi.

Comment
Facebook
Twitter
Reddit

LOL mufti Modi now bending Islamic rules. What is this world coming to... I wonder if Saudi Arabia is going to make an exception to mufti Modi’s new rules LOL

Modi jee, first save and liberate Hindu women who get raped and thrown on the pavement in your India on an hourly basis.

He had done a lot to empower Muslim women .
But oppresser Muslim men will still hate him for nothing.
Stop Hindu wom3ns rape....That's real empowerment. This is drama. There is a reason why woman can't travel alone to hajj. You think women will listen to Hindu. Additionally what will happen when they land in Saudi. Will Modi be there. As usual Indian tamasha. Never think anything through but talk like the proverbial fart that you people are

Last edited:
He had done a lot to empower Muslim women .
But oppresser Muslim men will still hate him for nothing.
What a con artist everyone knows that real reason why women require male guardian is because of the requirement of Saudi government his token move will make no change

So many Internet Mullahs in this thread.

Let's empower women.
Empower them by real measures that help them grow financially and socially not token moves that only allows you to score cheap brownie points and makes zero difference on that matter

Must be true .... Since said by a senior member in PDF ....
Well given the fact that even British and American nationals have to go through the same procedure i side by his opinion KSA will not change

Must be true .... Since said by a senior member in PDF ....

Not my opinion.. you can do whatever you want inside India.. but it will have zero effect when it comes to religion and obligations.. and to tell you the truth, Hajj is an obligation and to perform an obligation, there are certain requirements.. For example, a Muslim must perform ablution before offering prayers, without which prayers are not accepted. Similarly it is a requirement for women to be accompanied by their immediate male blood relatives, otherwise Hajj will not be accepted.. Indian women will not perform hajj and waste their money for an act that doesn't count even..

Another example is that tomorrow if Modi passes a law that "Indian Muslims" aren't allowed to slaughter a cow or eat beef, Indians living in UAE/ KSA or US/ Australia will have a zero effect of this law on them.. Because these countries will not restrict Indian Muslims from slaughtering a cow and eating its beef..

Well given the fact that even British and American nationals have to go through the same procedure i side by his opinion KSA will not change

Imagine tomorrow Modi says that Indian Hindus are allowed to visit Muslim holy site for tourism along with Muslims during Hajj, these delusional people think KSA will allow them to enter the Haram area.. lolz..

What a con artist everyone knows that real reason why women require male guardian is because of the requirement of Saudi government his token move will make no change

First know the requirements and then comment. These sort of uneducated madrasa mullah response may be applauded in your country but not elsewhere. Some time it surprises me that illiterate ppl in pakistan know more about Islam than saudis themselves.

https://www.saudia.com/TRAVEL-INFORMATION/About-Saudi-Arabia/Hajj-and-Umrah/Hajj-Visa

"Women are required to travel for Hajj with a Mahram. Proof of kinship must be submitted with the application form. Any woman over the age of 45 may travel without a Mahram with an organized group, provided she submits a letter of no objection from her Mahram authorizing her to travel for Hajj with the named group. This letter should be notarized"

Stop Hindu wom3ns rape....That's real empowerment. This is drama. There is a reason why woman can't travel alone to hajj. You think women will listen to Hindu. Additionally what will happen when they land in Saudi. Will Modi be there. As usual Indian tamasha. Never think anything through but talk like the proverbial fart that you people are
He is talking about Indian Muslims women, this is none of your business.
Take care of your country's women first before lecturing other .

Back
Top Bottom