What's new

Indian ethnic cleansing of Bengali speaking Muslims

Status
Not open for further replies.
indians dont have ANY moral ground to stand on with genocide and oppression of minorities through their history. Muslims are prime victim but Christians and Sikh are also ethnicly cleansend by indians.

Today's indians bear the same heritage and identity as nazis does for their crime.

Some comments

- Hindus were ethnically cleansed by Pakistan Army from BD during '71' per the above. 200k were KILLED. Thats lot more than killed in all communal riots in India put together. While each death is to be condemned but the point is of scale...like a mini Auschwitz

So where is the fault of Bangladesh here?

- So there was a refugee problem that India had to deal with thus the 71 war.
- % of Hindus has reduced and you have explained why. If I presented similar facts about why x minority in India is smaller %..would you believe me?

If that's the case,then what's not to believe.besides I don't care(not meant to be rude) what is happening with your muslims.
Because They never came to us complaining and it seems they want to deal with their problems themselves.Good.
Since the indian muslims I know does not complain about their country,who am I to shout for them?

- Pakistan was created on the basis on the fact that Hindus and Muslims can NEVER live toegther peacefully..Are bengali muslims different from Pakistani ones, in what regard?

A bit research would have done good for you.Bengali Muslims were and are always tolerant to Hindus.And no point bringing Pakistan here,because we are two different countries now.And our mindset is different from theirs on some aspects.

Does history of Bangladesh show any massacre or riot like that of Gujrat?NO.
This speaks for itself.

If you still have doubt,then do visit Bangladesh,especially during Durga Puja.You are welcome.

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this bit of news. But let me do it anyways.. I am sure most Hindus from down south know about Sabari mala Pilgrimage. I did that a few weeks ago with a relative. Accompanying us was a Brigadier of the Indian Army and the Vice president of a medium scale engineering enterprise. This latter fellow has done a bit of travelling all over the world including Bangladesh. He told me that everytime he goes there, he would usually buy a lot of Shirts. Because he says the quality of textile he gets there is too good and all that. Generally he was all praise for the hardworking Bangladeshi citizen. From what i observed he is not a hollow businessman and has lot of patriotism and nationalism. But he has no hatred for bangladeshis. Even i dint think that these guys were a bad lot until i visited forums and gathered info about current geo politics. Why I recall this incident is to show how a normal working business man in India thinks about Bangladesh. There is no hatred. and being what he is, he doesnt have any special mention about Muslims. But The attitude of most banglas of Bangladeshi descent is nauseating. I mean, I am sure you have some beef regarding water sharing and all that. this happens in India between the various states too. Tamilnadu has issues with all her neighbouring states regarding dams and water sharing. There has been some kind of inter state rivalry regarding Tamil and kanadigas. But for the same kind of issues, the hatred that is gushing from you guys is sickening to the core. Why and how, I am not able to understand.. I am sure the smartie from Japan would have a retort how a Hindu is stupid or some kinda trollie reply. But hell with it. People need to appreciate shared history and have some respect for other people regardless of religion or country. At the end of the day, the rivalry is because of the policy of the state. Most of the guys in any country just want to get on with their lives. and give two hoots about what is happening in the next country!!!!

indians dont have ANY moral ground to stand on with genocide and oppression of minorities through their history. Muslims are prime victim but Christians and Sikh are also ethnicly cleansend by indians.

Today's indians bear the same heritage and identity as nazis does for their crime.

By indians, i presume you are refering to Hindus. But historically, india were invaded and ruled by muslims and christains. So do you think all the followers of these two religion too carry nazi mentality????

So i would say cut the hate crap. You are very ill informed of India, and you carry uncessary hate. You should get the overall perspective and comment.

Is Bengalis consists more than 50% of Assams' population. I am talking about Hindu + Muslim Bengalis. If so then, they should unite and kick those basted who comitted thoe autrocities in the name of illegal migrants. Even Bengalis all over the world should fund this endeavor.

Yes, you are right my friend. The Bengalis should fight the tyranny by Assam militant groups.(in fact many of the successes of the Indian Army have come from inputs from the Bangladeshi migrants)

However 80% of the bengali speaking population in Assam (and here I mean only Assam and not all the 'Seven Sisters' combined), are poor Bangladeshi migrants who live in separate groups on the fringes and depend on agriculture and fishing for livelihood. They have no education or political power, as they have no legal status being recent migrants(post 1971). They can never hope to contest armed terrorists.

Most of the Hindu bengalis living in Assam returned to West Bengal after the Assam agitation started and ULFA started selective abduction/killing of Bengalis and Marwaris.(Who were considered outsiders). The Marwaris were business leaders while the Bengalis held important positions in society/bureaucracy/education and also were the majority of the tea garden managers.

So where is the fault of Bangladesh here?If that's the case,then what's not to believe.besides I don't care(not meant to be rude) what is happening with your muslims.
Because They never came to us complaining and it seems they want to deal with their problems themselves.Good.
Since the indian muslims I know does not complain about their country,who am I to shout for them?

A bit research would have done good for you.Bengali Muslims were and are always tolerant to Hindus.And no point bringing Pakistan here,because we are two different countries now.And our mindset is different from theirs on some aspects.

Does history of Bangladesh show any massacre or riot like that of Gujrat?NO.
This speaks for itself.

If you still have doubt,then do visit Bangladesh,especially during Durga Puja.You are welcome.

Sure, I would love to visit Dhaka...
Honestly, most of my responses are directed generally towards some held beliefs of Pakistani members that I find at variance with yours and am pointing them out.

By indians, i presume you are refering to Hindus. But historically, india were invaded and ruled by muslims and christains. So do you think all the followers of these two religion too carry nazi mentality????

So i would say cut the hate crap. You are very ill informed of India, and you carry uncessary hate. You should get the overall perspective and comment.

Infact the Nazi's were Christians persecuting Jews and earliar the Muslims persecuting the Hindus

Infact the Nazi's were Christians persecuting Jews and earliar the Muslims persecuting the Hindus

Thanks bro, see IDUNE we all are not that saints here.Your posts in this thread was really informative, as i never had heard about the above massacare, until i read your post.

But i would suggest you stop colouring india based on that. And i would appreciate you post more such incidents in this forum, but please try to keep away from bracketing hindus and indians.

You are very ill informed of India.

This thread has enough information on true genocidal character of indians. And indians have shown they are proud of their Muslims killing spree.

Toxic,

I am talking about my family's case here.We say Kagoj,Mogoj,sohojogita etc. not Kagz,Magz.That sounds more like Urdu.

Yes there are differences in accent between East and West,but not on this at least.I wish I could pronounce those words to show you.English certainly isn't the language to express bengali.

One can clearly distinguish between a Kolkata citizen and a Dhaka citizen.But,It is not that easy to separate one living in areas near Bangladesh.They have almost same accent and are hard to distinguish.

Actually that difference has been around before the effects of Urdu showed up. There are the 'Baangaals' and the 'Ghotis'. That is understood. Sir George Bernard Shaw wrote a best selling drama/story called Pygmallion where he analysed the differences in accents in different counties and regions in England. Differences which helped identify them.

Imagine, this was England, the size of actually an oversized peanut where every one spoke the same language.

This thread has enough information on true genocidal character of indians. And indians have shown they are proud of their Muslims killing spree.

No it does not, Mr. Mukherjee, had pointed out that massacre at ASSAM had ULFA hands in it, please post information to counter that. And well Gujrat, my nation is ashamed about that, but surely that doesnt show the mentaility of indians, coz if indians where of that mentality, you should question yourselves on why gujarat riots didnt spread to the rest of the country, as you must be aware that we have muslims not only in Gujarat but all over india.

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this bit of news. But let me do it anyways.. I am sure most Hindus from down south know about Sabari mala Pilgrimage. I did that a few weeks ago with a relative. Accompanying us was a Brigadier of the Indian Army and the Vice president of a medium scale engineering enterprise. This latter fellow has done a bit of travelling all over the world including Bangladesh. He told me that everytime he goes there, he would usually buy a lot of Shirts. Because he says the quality of textile he gets there is too good and all that. Generally he was all praise for the hardworking Bangladeshi citizen. From what i observed he is not a hollow businessman and has lot of patriotism and nationalism. But he has no hatred for bangladeshis. Even i dint think that these guys were a bad lot until i visited forums and gathered info about current geo politics. Why I recall this incident is to show how a normal working business man in India thinks about Bangladesh. There is no hatred. and being what he is, he doesnt have any special mention about Muslims. But The attitude of most banglas of Bangladeshi descent is nauseating. I mean, I am sure you have some beef regarding water sharing and all that. this happens in India between the various states too. Tamilnadu has issues with all her neighbouring states regarding dams and water sharing. There has been some kind of inter state rivalry regarding Tamil and kanadigas. But for the same kind of issues, the hatred that is gushing from you guys is sickening to the core. Why and how, I am not able to understand.. I am sure the smartie from Japan would have a retort how a Hindu is stupid or some kinda trollie reply. But hell with it. People need to appreciate shared history and have some respect for other people regardless of religion or country. At the end of the day, the rivalry is because of the policy of the state. Most of the guys in any country just want to get on with their lives. and give two hoots about what is happening in the next country!!!!

Dude , take a chill pill. The 'bangladeshis' here really are the 'east pakistan' types who still cant fathom their losses in 1971.

Modern Bangladesh is friendly to India, more democratic and inclined to India. These Jamaat Islami types really stand on the peripheral of
Bangladeshi politics and their presence count for nothing.

In fact, remember the Bangladeshi massacare a few months back. The loyal Bangladeshi army is inching to finish off these guys for good as many of their soldiers were massacared in cold blood.

Sheikh Hasina and the Awami league are amicable to Indian interests and presence. They represent the overwhelming majority of Bangladeshis who desire peace and good relations with India.

:rofl:
INDIA :hitwall: KNOW THE POWER OF MUSLIMS AND HE TAKE :bounce:BAD STEPS WITH NO THINKING
ALL MUSLIM DON'T WORRIED:pakistan:

Technology and culture are not some country's exclusive property. When the Hindus did not know how to wear even a stitched clothing, we the Muslims taught them how to stitch. We Muslims taught you how to cook delicious foods, which you are selling now throughout the world. We built Taj Mahal. You are earning money by showing it to the visiting foreigners. You do not have any gratefulness. You are talking of your cultural supeririority over us only because we remain still poor.
This EastWatch clearly forgets that those naked his hindus were none other than own ancestors and the "Bengali language" he proudly speaks that made the ground for the creation of nation "Banladesh", an entity so many of his brethren fought for with blood and sweat,is also a hindu langugae,infact a clear derivative of Sanskrit with hardly any muslim/Arabic influence.

why u always drag religion into the debate??
Have u ever seen indian members castigate islam to make thier point?

India Revives its tradition of killing Bengali Muslims by declaring them Bangladeshi immigrants-
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 18:20:58 -0700 (PDT)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
True to its anti-Islam and anti-Muslim tradition, India has once
again unleashed a reign of killings and arrest of innocent local
Muslims by declaring them illegal immigrants from Bangladesh

Dr. K. M. A. Malik

It has been a practice of Indian authorities for many years that they
arrest Bengali speaking Indian Muslims at different Indian cities and
then try to push-in the hapless people into Bangladesh on the
allegation that they are illegal Bangladeshi immigrants. The arrested
persons are invariably Muslims, and never Hindus. If and when the
Bangladesh Border Security (BDR) knows about this type of push-in of Indian Muslims into Bangladesh in advance, they take counter measures to prevent such dubious acts by the Indian authorities.

Bangladesh authorities have on many occasions in the past made formal protests and asked the Indian authorities not to continue with this practice, for the sake of preventing misunderstanding and
embarrassment between the two neighbours. But the Indian authorities have always turned a deaf ear to the requests of Bangladesh.

Although India's push-in policy towards Bangladesh was a little bit
slow during the last 2/3 years, a recent news report published in the
daily Nayadiganta on May 25, 2008, suggests that the basic policy has not been changed.

According to the Nayadiganta report, many Muslims from West Bengal and Assam are facing harassment in different cities of other Indian states, for the sole reason of their being Bengali speaking Muslim minorities. This was proved by an incident at the Sialdah railway station in Kolkata on May 24. On that day about 30-35 people were seen handcuffed and kept waiting on a platform in the railway station.
According to Indian police, these people were all arrested at Haridhar
on the suspicion of being Bangladeshi illegal immigrants, who would be
expelled from India and pushed into Bangladesh.

Closer investigations, however, revealed that these people were all
Bengali speaking poor Muslims who went to other parts of India to
escape dire poverty in West Bengal. They were all Indian citizens;
none of them was from Bangladesh. Nobody ever lived in any part of
Bangladesh. But the Indian police arrested them on the allegation that
they were all Bangladeshi illegal immigrants and they were brought to
Kolkata for the purpose of deportation to Bangladesh. They did not
have any passport or similar documents.

One of the arrested persons, Sheikh Haroon, disclosed to Nayadiganta that he was kept in a jail for eight months before being brought to the station in chains. His home address is at Ranchike under the Bhabanipur police station in the Medinipur district of West Bengal.
He was very scared of being pushed into Bangladesh because he did not have any home there. Another arrested person Abdul Aziz told that he hails from Kusthia Masjid Bari Lane in Kolkata and that he had worked in the Nilratan Hospital. The third person, Monir Husain, claimed that his home is at 3 Anzuman Road in Kolkata-7. One person claimed that his home is at the Naya Basti in the Sadar Bazar area of Barrackpur, Kolkata. Another claimed to have a home in Barrackpur, at a short distance from the local MP Tarit Tarafdar residence.

Thus, despite being genuine residents of West Bengal, these people
were arrested, handcuffed and herded like sheep to be &#226;&#8364;&#732;pushed&#226;&#8364;&#8482;
across Bangladesh border. The official reason is that they are illegal
Bangladeshi immigrants, but the real reason is that they are Muslims
and at the same time extremely poor; their poverty has forced them to
look for menial jobs in other parts of India. (In West Bengal, 25&#37;
Muslim minorities hold only 2% of government jobs; Kolkata University has only 3-4 Muslims in the academic staff list. This is the situation
of the Muslims in the &#226;&#8364;&#732;politically most liberal and culturally
enlightened state of India). Incidentally, there is no instance of any
Bengali speaking Hindu being treated in the same way. Thus, it is
evident that poor Muslim religious minorities are easy target for
vilification and discrimination by the so-called secular Indian state.

While the Indian establishment treat their own Muslims (as well as the
so-called lower caste Hindus and ethnic minorities) with neglect and
as third class citizens, the attitude shown to the citizens of
Bangladesh is one of utter contempt.

A glaring example of this can be found in a recent statement of the
Indian High Commissioner in Dhaka. The High Commissioner, Mr. Pinak
Ranjan Chakravarty, in a TV discussion program in Dhaka on May 16
claimed that the people who are killed in the border areas by the
Indian Border Security Force (BSF) are mostly cattle thieves and
smugglers and they are not innocent as reported in Bangladesh media.

Mr. Chakravarty like his predecessors including Ms Veena Sikri has
regular habits of advising Bangladesh what it should or should not do.
A few months ago, he suggested in a public meeting that Bangladesh
should adopt India-style secularis to fight extremism and terrorism
and to establish democracy. Such utterances from the Indian diplomats
in Dhaka are not only unethical but also hollow considering the fact
that the extremist and fanatic Hindu BJP has emerged as the most
dominant political and social force in India. The whole world knows
that BJP rode to political pre-eminence and formed the central
government on anti-Muslim, pro-Hindu fanaticism. Only last week the
BJP won elections in Karnataka state with handsome majority. This BJP
victory was brought about by the party's anti-Muslim stand, as it
happened earlier in the neighbouring Gujrat. Thus, with Hindu
extremists and fanatics setting the political agenda in India, talk of
secularism by the Indian diplomats in Dhaka seems to be an attempt to
portray Bangladesh worse than India in abusing religion for political
purposes.

Of course, the Indian diplomats are not the only ones to interfere in
Bangladesh politics. It is well known that representatives of other
powerful countries including the USA, EU and Britain have often issued
statements on Bangladesh politics that are openly interventionist in
the internal affairs of a sovereign country and unbecoming of
diplomatic norms and practices. Bangladesh government has often
digested these unsolicited advice, probably not to provoke harsh
measures from the powerful countries including the big neighbour.

Mr. Chakravarty' s comments on the border killings are dangerous for
several reasons, especially as it does not help, but only makes it
more difficult to, improve the relations between the two neighbours.
Bangladesh government may remain silent on such statement, but the
people will get an idea that the Indian authorities are hostile and
callous when it comes to the lives of Bangladesh nationals.

An editorial in the daily New Age on May 18 makes an excellent comment
on the issue. It says, His (Mr. Chakravarty' s) claim is puzzling on
the one hand, as it contradicts the reports of local media and the
findings of human rights organisations vis-&#195; -vis the border shootings
over the years and raises some disturbing questions on the other, as
it suggests that he and, by implication, his government has tacit
support to such extra-judicial killings by the Border Security Force
of India.

Killings of Bangladesh nationals by the BSF have been a regular
phenomenon on the frontiers. In October 2007, the human rights
coalition Odhikar reported that more than 700 people had been killed
by the Indian border guards since January 2000. The report was a
compilation of media reports on border shootings in the period. In
most of the cases, the media reported that the victims were either
farmers or shepherds or cattle traders.

While some of the victims were known in their localities as smugglers,
it does not justify, in any way, their killing by the BSF. Worryingly,
Chakravarty&#226;&#8364;&#8482;s statement seems to suggest that, since the victims of
border shootings are not innocent and mostly smugglers, their killings
are justified. Such a position strikes at the very root of the concept
of the rule of law, which is the fundamental principle of democracy.
The rule of law requires that even the vilest of criminals cannot be
punished, let alone executed, until and unless he or she is adjudged
guilty by a credible court of law after a transparent public trial.
The government of India, which boasts of itself as the largest
democracy in the world, should know better that if a person is
wrongfully punished, the rule of law is put into jeopardy.

While we acknowledge that both Bangladesh and India need to clamp down
on smuggling, we believe their anti-smuggling actions should by no
means encourage the border guards to assume the role of law enforcers,
judges and executioners rolled into one. New Age has consistently
deplored extra-judicial killings, wherever they take place, at home or
abroad, and is, therefore, naturally concerned at the assertion of the
Indian high commissioner, especially because of its underlying support
for extra-judicial killings.

We would like to believe that Chakravarty' s comment is not
representative of the official position of the Indian government and
that the Indian government does not condone, let alone authorise,
extra-judicial killings by the BSF. On the contrary, if the statement
is indeed indicative of the mindset of the ruling coterie in New
Delhi, it is bad news not only for the people of India but also for
the people of the countries bordering India.

Finally, it is sad for Bangladeshi people that those who rule the
country and a section of the middle class do not find enough courage
to criticize Indian policies, even when these are extremely unjust and
unfair towards Muslims and Bangladesh. The print and electronic media
in Dhaka also are mostly dominated by pro-Indian and anti-Muslim
elements. In such a situation, New Age has done an excellent job by
exposing the false pretences of the Indian High Commissioner in
Dhaka.

------------ ----
The writer is an academician and may be contacted by e-mail:
kmamalik@aol. com

------------ --------- -
NFB Note : Report By Odhikar- a Leading Hunan Rights Org in
Bangladesh, report on human rights violations in the Indo-Bangladesh
border
Indian Border Security Force (BSF) and Indian miscreants kill 461
Bangladeshis in 6 years . Read full Documents below
Link : http://www.wfda. net/UserFiles/ File/Press% 20Release-
border-2006% 20Eng.doc.

http://newsfrombang ladesh.net/ view.php? hidRecord= 202255

Javed Iqbal Kaleem

India Revives its tradition of killing Bengali Muslims by declaring them Bangladeshi immigrants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom