What's new

Indian ethnic cleansing of Bengali speaking Muslims

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are finally getting their act together,the BSF has managed to fence a lot of the border and now they shoot to kill.Unfortunate but their is no other way.BD is going to go under water if the global warming theory is right,it will too late to build a fence then.

Just can't make up my mind whether to call you sadist or ignorant fool.

Care to explain the following?

BSF regrets killing of civilians, says BDR

Haroon Habib
“Drunken BSF men ransack houses in Bangladesh”
DHAKA: India’s Border Security Force (BSF) has expressed regret over the killing of three Bangladeshi civilians, including a minor boy, in northern Tetulia of Panchagarh, said officials of Bangladesh Rifles (BDR).

At a flag meeting with the BDR on Monday, the BSF assured it that such incidents would not recur.

The meeting, held at zero line near the border in Tetulia, decided that an injured BSF personnel caught by the villagers would be handed back after treatment.

The BDR team at the meeting was led by Col. Aftabul Islam of the Rangpur sector and the BSF team by R. Chandra Mohan from the Kishanganj camp in India.

The BDR officials of Pachagarh 25 Battalion said at least eight to 10 drunken BSF personnel from the Nayabari camp in India entered Maynaguri village near the Majhipara border, at least 500 metres inside Bangladesh, after 10 p.m. on Sunday and ransacked several houses.

Indiscriminate firing
When the villagers protested, the intruders entered the house of one Shahidul Islam and fired indiscriminately, leaving three people killed and one injured.

The deceased were identified as Mazeda Begum, 25, her one-year-old son Mamun, and Golam Mostafa, 45, a neighbour.

Mazeda’s husband, Shahidul Islam, who suffered bullet injuries, and the BSF member held by villagers, were rushed to hospital. Shahidul’s condition is said to be critical.

Maj. Sheikh Farid, in-charge of the Panchagarh 25 BDR Battalion, said, “we have protested against the BSF firing. It’s a serious border violation by them.”

Bangladesh strongly protested against the killing of innocent villagers by the BSF and the illegal intrusion by Indian border guards

The Hindu : National : BSF regrets killing of civilians, says BDR

Note:the minor boy was only 1 year old.

Another report of the incident:
Bangladeshi man sues India’s BSF for killing brother

this was just one single incident.there are many reports of BSF intrusion and raping Bangladeshi women,but these are often not reported by the victims for obvious reasons.
And your great BSF does not even spare your own village women.

Indian govt asked to explain murder,
rape of Bangladeshis by BSF

Staff Correspondent
The national human rights commission of India has asked its government to explain the killing of a Bangladeshi national and rape of his wife by the Border Security Forces in April.
The commission, in a notice issued on July 21, asked the Indian home secretary and director general of police of West Bengal to submit the requisite information and report on the incident in six weeks.
The commission took the move after the victim of the rape, Kalyani Rani Mandal, widow of slain Rabindranath Mandal, lodged a complaint with it through the Global Human Rights Defence on July 21.
Rabindranath and Kalyani of the village Bolabari in Ashashuni, Shatkhira, were arrested by BSF personnel when they were returning home from Nadiya district of West Bengal on 23 April, 2009.
The BSF stopped the couple near pillar 4 of the Satkhira-Lakshmidari border and bludgeoned Rabindranath to death. After killing the man, they tortured and raped Kalyani.
Bangladesh’s rights watchdog Odhikar conducted a fact-finding mission regarding the gory incident.
During the mission, Odhikar talked with Kalyani, relatives of slain Rabindranath, witnesses, doctors treating the victim at hospital, members of the law enforcing agencies and local government representatives in Satkhira.
The mission came to know that after arresting the couple, the BSF men hung Rabindranath on a tree and beat him to death and then gang-raped Kalyani.
The BSF men left the body of Rabindranath and injured Kalyani near pillar 4 of the Satkhira-Lakshmidari border.

The couple had gone to India six months before the incident for treatment.

http://www.newagebd.com/2009/aug/28/front.html

hmmm thats a tough one ! Last I heard to 'win' elections you need 'votes' and what easier target than an illegal migrant who gets to live a slum (still better than the migrants homeland...which is why he migrated in the first place)...on second thoughts...not that tough to figure.

:) well thats the point forget about whether the Bangladeshis find better conditions in BD or not but the question is Why Indians blame Bangladesh when they themselves wlecome these illegal immigrants from BD and even allowing them to vote for Indian politicians.

Why to complain about illegal Bangladeshis ?

Haroon Habib
DHAKA: India’s Border Security Force (BSF) has expressed regret over the killing of three Bangladeshi civilians, including a minor boy, in northern Tetulia of Panchagarh, said officials of Bangladesh Rifles (BDR).

At a flag meeting with the BDR on Monday, the BSF assured it that such incidents would not recur.

The meeting, held at zero line near the border in Tetulia, decided that an injured BSF personnel caught by the villagers would be handed back after treatment.

The BDR team at the meeting was led by Col. Aftabul Islam of the Rangpur sector and the BSF team by R. Chandra Mohan from the Kishanganj camp in India.

The BDR officials of Pachagarh 25 Battalion said at least eight to 10 drunken BSF personnel from the Nayabari camp in India entered Maynaguri village near the Majhipara border, at least 500 metres inside Bangladesh, after 10 p.m. on Sunday and ransacked several houses.

Indiscriminate firing
When the villagers protested, the intruders entered the house of one Shahidul Islam and fired indiscriminately, leaving three people killed and one injured.

The deceased were identified as Mazeda Begum, 25, her one-year-old son Mamun, and Golam Mostafa, 45, a neighbour.

Mazeda’s husband, Shahidul Islam, who suffered bullet injuries, and the BSF member held by villagers, were rushed to hospital. Shahidul’s condition is said to be critical.

Maj. Sheikh Farid, in-charge of the Panchagarh 25 BDR Battalion, said, “we have protested against the BSF firing. It’s a serious border violation by them.”

Bangladesh strongly protested against the killing of innocent villagers by the BSF and the illegal intrusion by Indian border guards

this was just one single incident.there are many reports of BSF intrusion and raping Bangladeshi women,but these are often not reported by the victims for obvious reasons.

The BSF men involved should be court marshaled and jailed.

My view is only that they should protect the border if needed by using deadly force.I don't condone criminal acts like the one described above.

Most people in India use open latrines in rural India.
A case of pot calling kettle black?

Latrine Coverage (Nationwide)

Latrine Coverage (Rural)

Source

Can any of the sub-continental countries point at each other and laugh at each others failings? Seriously.

:) well thats the point forget about whether the Bangladeshis find better conditions in BD or not but the question is Why Indians blame Bangladesh when they themselves wlecome these illegal immigrants from BD and even allowing them to vote for Indian politicians.

Why to complain about illegal Bangladeshis ?
No Indian welcomes illegal BD immigrants. These illegal immigrants obtain ration cards (a sign of citizenship) from corrupt politician, which in turn serves their personal and political purpose.

But yes. Fault lies with us as well.

Haroon Habib

Indiscriminate firing

leon,
I will just make two points here.

1. There is no reason whatsoever for the BSF to fire or use deadly force on illegal immigrants. Unless it is an armed infiltration with the infiltrators firing on the BSF (I doubt that is the case). Yes infiltration has to be stopped. But firing on the infiltrators is not the answer. The infiltrators are not waging war on India for God's sake, they are just looking for better livelyhood and there are numerous non-lethal ways of discouraging infiltration.

2. Rules of engagement are very clear and any one found using excessive force should be proceeded against. There is no scope of criminal behaviour in the ranks of security forces. The fact that it happens world wide is no excuse for indiscipline. Defaulters should be taken to task.

Why India is reluctant to let go Bangladeshi territory which India is occupying illegaly. Why India is draging feet over the issue Bangladeshi enclaves which i think is the main cause of these "illegal" migration but i think they are legal in a sense that they are migrating to own areas in some cases.

leon,
I will just make two points here.

1. There is no reason whatsoever for the BSF to fire or use deadly force on illegal immigrants. Unless it is an armed infiltration with the infiltrators firing on the BSF (I doubt that is the case). Yes infiltration has to be stopped. But firing on the infiltrators is not the answer. The infiltrators are not waging war on India for God's sake, they are just looking for better livelyhood and there are numerous non-lethal ways of discouraging infiltration.

2. Rules of engagement are very clear and any one found using excessive force should be proceeded against. There is no scope of criminal behaviour in the ranks of security forces. The fact that it happens world wide is no excuse for indiscipline. Defaulters should be taken to task.

Sorry Mukherjee...there is no other way than using deadly force.If people are scared for their lives they wont try the crossing.It is inhuman and a pretty pathetic practice but if India does not protect her borders she will cease to exist.Make your choice.

Don't make the same mistake the US has done at the Mexico border. We are just seeing the results here..California is bankrupt,crime rates have skyrocketed all over the border and the demographic of the population has changed irrevocably in certain parts.

Last edited:
India should deport all the illegal Bangaldeshi's. We have enough people to feed.

Funny how Bangladeshi's suddenly become 'Bengali speaking Indian Muslims' when the need arises. We shouldn't bother playing any games with Bangladesh, of course they didn't have any identity papers, they're illegal immigrants, they hardly have any money, I doubt they care much for legal documents.

We need to put them on the other side of the fence. period. Not our problem. We have our own citizens to worry about.

India needs to step up patrols along the border and build that fence ASAP. We already have something like 5-10 million illegal BD'shis in India. Find them, deport them, and make sure they can never come back. They are draining our country of its resources. If stopping them means aggressively defending the border, I'm all for it.

Also, pointing at our shortcomings doesn't change the ground reality, India offers opportunities that aren't available in Bangladesh. Bangladesh's largest export is its people, there's a reason behind it.

Last edited:
Why India is reluctant to let go Bangladeshi territory which India is occupying illegaly. Why India is draging feet over the issue Bangladeshi enclaves which i think is the main cause of these "illegal" migration but i think they are legal in a sense that they are migrating to own areas in some cases.
You know Jana, you should quit this habit of commenting on issues you know squat about.

1. There are 106 Indian enclaves withing Bangladesh, while 92 BD enclaves within India. None of the enclaves has been exchanged by either countries. Source [The number may vary, depending on which source you are referring to].

2. The main cause of illegal immigration is economics and has nothing to do with enclaves.

You know Jana, you should quit this habit of commenting on issues you know squat about.

1. There are 106 Indian enclaves withing Bangladesh, while 92 BD enclaves within India. None of the enclaves has been exchanged by either countries. Source [The number may vary, depending on which source you are referring to].

2. The main cause of illegal immigration is economics and has nothing to do with enclaves.

As far as i know Bangladesh has made some progress over solving this enclaves' issue whereas India failed to do so.

Why dont you post from some neutral sources progress on these enclaves by both the countries.

As far as i know Bangladesh has made some progress over solving this enclaves' issue whereas India failed to do so.
You are again peddling nonsense. Bangladesh did ratify the Mujib-Gandhi agreement of '74, but other than that, BD has done squat.
Why dont you post from some neutral sources progress on these enclaves by both the countries.
I suggest first you to visit the source that I have already given.

From its 'Home Page'
Welcome to my pages about the enclaves of the world. I have compiled these with acknowledgement to sources including Jan Krogh, Evgeny Vinokurov, Brendan Whyte and contributors to Wikipedia. Comments and corrections are encouraged via the Guestbook.

Rob Robinson, Adelaide, South Australia.

If still not satisfied, do your own research. Just don't peddle your BS.

Not to mention the fact that your Unsung Heroes also take bribes along with the police in Mumbai and everywhere else to show that they are deporting illegal migrants.

2. Rules of engagement are very clear and any one found using excessive force should be proceeded against. There is no scope of criminal behaviour in the ranks of security forces. The fact that it happens world wide is no excuse for indiscipline. Defaulters should be taken to task

There was no excessive force or anything in that drunken shooting incident.That was an act of pure criminalism but yes it's just one.There was another incident where they raped a Hindu woman to death and nearly killed her husband.
and all these victims aren't illegal tresspassers .

In bold.

Sorry Mukherjee...there is no other way than using deadly force.If people are scared for their lives they wont try the crossing.It is inhuman and a pretty pathetic practice but if India does not protect her borders she will cease to exist.Make your choice.

And all those deaths caused by BSF firing have little to do with migrants.Usually they are cattle traders(okay there's no excuse for that) and farmers,civilians who live close to the border.
If they want to send back migrants then they should use the proper channels(the ministries and directorates concerned) instead of push ins.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom