Lt Gen (then Maj Gen) Naseem Rana. 1995 - October 1998
Lt Gen Ziauddin Butt . October 1998 - October 1999
Lt Gen Mahmud Ahmed. October 1999 - October 2001
Lt Gen Ehsan ul Haq. October 2001 - October 2004
Lt Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani. October 2004 - October 2007
Lt Gen Nadeem Taj. October 2007 - October 2008
Lt Gen Ahmad Shuja Pasha. October 2008–Present
Inter-Services Intelligence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Under the Director General, three Deputy Director Generals report directly to him and are in charge in three separate fields of the ISI which are Internal wing - dealing with counter-intelligence and political issues inside Pakistan, External wing - handling external issues, and Analysis and Foreign Relations wing.[5]

The general staff of the ISI mainly come from police, paramilitary forces and some specialized units from the Pakistan Army such as the SSG commandos.[citation needed] While the total number has never been made public, experts estimate about 10,000 officers and staff members, which does not include informants and assets.[2]

Last edited:
there is nothing to say. i am to the point. its better not to talk, because when ever you talk you bring Kashmir in between. lol

its show you don't know me baby :lol:

Raw is pathetic agency, these guys are worth piece of dog poo.
incompetance of raw is well known, thats why i laugh out when some idiots say raw is behind paksitan attack.

accept it - ISI is one of the world's top agency and they are way too far ahead.

Raw need to have a relook into their system. which is corrupted from bottom to top

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Jusr saw on T.V tht indian media is claiming tht the women provided some secret plans of india reguarding afghanistan.............see the serousness of Pakistan reguarding indi in Afghanistan?

I wish these media fellows wouldnt go all overboard with the "Senior Diplomat" stuff. A second secy is NOT a senior diplomat, and is in the same scale of pay as a Major in the Army. Not junior, but not senior either. Of course, being from a group B service, she was in her mid 50's, but for an IFS A officer, this would be the first promotion in service.

That is to say, after probationer, and third secretary, an IFS officer would reach this rank in 4 years from date of UPSC exam, and 2 years from date of actual commencement of service. Up till VI CPC the rank was equal to captain, and is now equal in pay grade to Major. Most civil servants recruited from the civil services exam will be about 25-26 when they reach this rank.

Raw is pathetic agency, these guys are worth piece of dog Pooh.
incompetence of raw is well known, thats why i laugh out when some idiots say raw is behind Pakistan attack.

accept it - ISO is one of the world's top agency and they are way too far ahead.

Raw need to have a re look into their system. which is corrupted from bottom to top

U are talking as if u know RAW inside out. But then its part of ur usual style of passing nonchalant comments.

If anyone desires to know about achievements of RAW or its potential,then can ask ISI about it .:coffee:

Great work ISI keep up the good work...

:yahoo::yahoo:

actually the senior officials who plan the entire operation and espionage in ISI are ARMY generals.

ISI (Inter services intel) is a military Intel wing ,so obviously its headed and operated by military gens.

First of all, it's AGUNT not agent.

Secondly, she had links with a kahmiri women who has been visited many times by a high ranking Indian military officer. He is under investigation too, this is turning out to be another fun filled masala daar story.

U are talking as if u know RAW inside out. But then its part of ur usual style of passing nonchalant comments.

If anyone desires to know about achievements of RAW or its potential,then can ask ISI about it .:coffee:

You are talkign as if you know raw well.

the time i spent in india - i realized how pathetic raw is :
bomb exploding evry now n then, american telling you to take care , but raw is too busy in their own worthless ways.

I dont need to ask the achievements of raw. i hear it every now n then - their spies are caught -
i seen how bloody poor they are once they leave job.
i know how they can be bought just like any furniture or cops or politicians in india.

dont preach me son - you are just another self obssesed kid who talk way too high, but just look behind see the country - its a pile of garbage " right now ".......

people like me come home -for the love of country, come n tidy it up, but u guys are too busy screwing it. with your closed mindset.

go back to your - poor house with no electricity kid. its past your bedtime.

You are talkign as if you know raw well.

the time i spent in india - i realized how pathetic raw is :
bomb exploding evry now n then, american telling you to take care , but raw is too busy in their own worthless ways.

I dont need to ask the achievements of raw. i hear it every now n then - their spies are caught -
i seen how bloody poor they are once they leave job.
i know how they can be bought just like any furniture or cops or politicians in india.

people like me come home -for the love of country, come n tidy it up, but u guys are too busy screwing it. with your closed mindset.

RAW don't do internal security.
Keeping eye on mushrooming Jihad swine like IM responsible for serial blasts isn't part of their official brief.

go back to your - poor house with no electricity kid. its past your bedtime.

R u on medication or something??:lol:

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/after-fourmonth-watch-indian-diplomat-held-for-spying-for-pak/612265/2Posted:

Wednesday, Apr 28, 2010 at 0155 hrs

On April 22, inside a South Block chamber of the Ministry of External Affairs, officials confronted a serving diplomat with evidence that strongly suggested she was a Pakistani spy.

A week earlier, MEA officials “at the highest level” were informed by the Intelligence Bureau that they were convinced that Madhuri Gupta, an IFS-B grade officer posted as a translator in the press unit of the Indian mission in Islamabad, was involved in espionage operations.

As the counter-intelligence operation played out, Gupta was called to New Delhi ostensibly for preparatory work on the SAARC summit but was politely told by IB officials that her spy game since September 2008 was up.

Gupta, in the presence of MEA officials, was then shown some evidence meticulously collected by the surveillance mounted on her over a four-month period in Islamabad. She broke down and confessed, sources said.

top intelligence official told The Indian Express that Gupta’s recruitment as a mole was a “major achievement” for Pakistani intelligence.

Reports compiled so far indicate that Gupta “frequently” handed over Indian High Commission documents and reports — probably prepared on a weekly or fortnightly basis by her — to a particular “handler” of the Pakistani intelligence.

The two would meet at pre-fixed destinations including safehouses identified by Indian agencies.

What officials described as “overwhelming evidence” against Gupta include telephone transcripts between her and her Pak handler and documents recovered from her New Delhi residence in New Krishna Park.

The key to the case will be contents of Gupta’s office computer, which has been sealed and carried from Islamabad and its hard disk is currently being cloned and analyzed by the Special Branch of the Delhi Police, which booked the OSA case.

MEA officials familiar with Gupta’s interrogation say that she had previous postings in Kuala Lumpur and Baghdad and speaks fluent Urdu and Persian. She is said to have admitted to frequent meetings with her handler but denied any regular monetary compensation being paid to her. She has also denied knowledge of any other official of the Indian mission being recruited along with her.

Besides the contents of the hard disk, Gupta’s bank accounts are under scrutiny with Indian agencies expected to make an assessment of the damage done by the 18-month-long spy scandal over the next few days.

Shubhajit Roy adds from Thimphu: The Gupta spy scandal took centrestage this afternoon since it broke before Prime Minister Manmohan Singh meets his Pak counterpart Yusuf Raza Gilani. The meeting is likely to happen sometime tomorrow, sources said.

With Foreign secretary Nirupama Rao and Joint secretary (Pakistan) Y K Sinha, the decision was quick, and official spokesperson Vishnu Prakash read out a statement confirming the incident. “‘We have reason to believe that an official in the Indian High Commission in Islamabad has been passing information to the Pakistani intelligence agencies. The matter is currently under investigation. The official is cooperating with our investigations and inquiries,” he said.

The Indian Express correspondent had met Gupta in Islamabad in May 2008 during the last composite dialogue talks. She had introduced herself as the Urdu translator for the Indian High Commission in Islamabad and played part host at a do hosted by the Indian High Commissioner for the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom