What's new

Indian diplomat held for counter espionage for Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
A statue should be built in Madhuri Gupta honor. And I hope the other indian spies working for Pakistan never get caught and may they recruit more indian spies from indian intelligence agencies. They are very admirable people.

This is the second case that an Indian diplomat working for Pakistan. There are also very rare cases that Indian diplomats or intelligence agents working for foreign spy agencies. It was very difficult for me to believe that a woman can do that!!!! I don't know how a woman can betray her country for some money!

She should be prosecuted under appropriate law. Don't know how much important documents she passed but she was being tracked for a long time.

She is single, so there is no question of blackmail. lol

Madhuri-gupta.jpg

'She was keen on going to Pakistan'

Last edited:
uffff...ppl are getting really touchy...
i think this espionage thing is really adventurous;) as long as its for ur own country:lol:

At least what good job Indian intelligence people did was to call her to Delhi for meeting and arrest her than to ask her questions in Pak only.

In this whole episode the best thing was the way our intelligence people handled this traitor bi..h, but i too think that the whole episode seems sketchy. If this episode is indeed true no self respecting country would advertise such disgrace in public. That too if her position was not important why such a hullaballo!!!! i smell something in the air which is not visible though!!!!

I am surprised ISI was able to use an indian diplomat as a spy. I wonder what method they used to convince her to spy for them. Personally, i dont think money would be a motivator coz as far as i am aware, indian diplomats get paid well and not to mention all the added benefits they get of being a diplomat. Also, pakistan (as the indian members keep mentioning in every second thread) is broke so where would they get the money from? So, for her to take such a big risk...and that too against her own country just for a few pennies doesnt really make sense! There must be something more to it than just money.

Maybe its was the 'pakistani charm' that worked...she is single after all! ;)

Well good thing is that Indian media has something to bash Pakistan and ISI for some days to come.

:taz:

And she is 53! What 'charm' are you talking about? She worked 25 years for India MEA.

I am surprised ISI was able to use an indian diplomat as a spy. I wonder what method they used to convince her to spy for them. Personally, i dont think money would be a motivator coz as far as i am aware, indian diplomats get paid well and not to mention all the added benefits they get of being a diplomat. Also, pakistan (as the indian members keep mentioning in every second thread) is broke so where would they get the money from? So, for her to take such a big risk...and that too against her own country just for a few pennies doesnt really make sense! There must be something more to it than just money.

This is the first case in India that a diplomat is being used as a spy for another country. Though she wasn't a high level but govt is investigating the issue. I don't think it was any blackmail or anything else but just because of money she did it. There are bad people in every countries.

Spy Madhuri Gupta was hoping for a London or Washington posting

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/repor...ng-for-a-london-or-washington-posting_1376595

In this bad time I am really thinking of Rameshwar Nath Kao. He is my hero. One of the best intelligence officer in history.

Indian diplomat-turned-spy: Serious matter, says Krishna

Intelligence sources say that while Madhuri Gupta did not have access to crucial information, she outed several Indian undercover agents within the Indian High Commission to the Pakistanis she was in touch with. (Read: Woman Indian diplomat was spying for Pak)

Speaking to NDTV, SM Krishna explained, "The investigations are going on...we will have to wait till the investigations are complete. And then you know, find out what was the motive, what was the modus operandi." The minister added that Gupta was recalled to Delhi because of "the seriousness of the issues involved."

No access to key plans:

* She had no access to any sensitive documents or plans

How Gupta became a Pak spy

* She may have been recruited by the Pakistanis during her Kuala Lumpur stint
* Her former colleagues recalled her keenness to be posted to Pakistan

Damage done by spy

* Revealed India's undercover operatives inside High Commission
* She passed on conversations with Indian staffers through email

Gupta allegedly told the Pakistanis she was working with that she had access to information from the Islamabad chief of Indian intelligence agency, the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW). Emails from her, however, allegedly show that the facts she attributed to the RAW state chief were incorrect.

Last edited:
Madhuri Gupta is a very admirable person for helping out Pakistan. May she be released and live a long and healthy life.

you should have admired her more, i hope she was unknowingly guided to pass a lot of false and improper information to your counterintelligence. LOL!!

Instead of claiming the catching of her as a major breakthrough, intelligence should be blasted for making this happen in the first place.
Fellow Indians, there is nothing to be happy about this arrest drama. Admit it .
Its a shame that it happened, that too in the diplomatic level.

Last edited:

Maybe you were Joking..... but YOU are dead correct. Hindustan Times(HT) just printed this story.

Madhuri Gupta was in a physical relationship with some Mr.Rana.
She had been passing on information since last two years. As per HT,
she was under observation since last 8 odd months (or less) , meaning she went undetected for more than a year.

As per MEA, she was a Urdu translator and did not have access to sensitive data. But RAW's, pakistan station chief Mr.Sharma is suspected to have intimate relationship with Ms.Gupta and she allegedly got some documents from him (as of now this relationship is media speculation ... it is not confirmed) which she passed onto ISI.

What is not clear is her decision to switch sides. Was it money or was she disgruntled. But yes, its confirmed that she passed on information to ISI.

I still feel, MEA, by this early media exposure have been inmature. So there is something which does not meet eye in this whole episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom