What's new

Indian Cricket team to tour Pakistan next month

xtive

Reaction score
The Pakistan Cricket Board has formally extended an invitation to India so that the three One-day match series could take place next month.

Talking to Geo News here on Thursday, PCB’s Chief Operating Officer, Shafqat Naghmi said the BCCI had given a positive response in this regard. He said that three One-day match series was likely to be played between two traditional rivals in the mid of March 2008.

“They have shown a positive response, however, we have not yet received any official confirmation from the BCCI”, PCB’s COO added.

Shafqat said the proposed series was not an alternate to the Australian visit since according to newly held negotiation; the Australian team could tour Pakistan in March.

what I never understood.... is..India and Pakistan are at each others throat most of the time...

but their bloody cricket board are in bed together...

Okay so Australia is not coming..so Indian team will come and play

what I never understood.... is..India and Pakistan are at each others throat most of the time...

but their bloody cricket board are in bed together...

Okay so Australia is not coming..so Indian team will come and play

lol true :lol:

it is nt about india or pakistan but subcontinent as a whole, cricketing world today is a devided lot.

sub-continent teams r exerting themselves against the once dominant lobby of the whites (and this dominance was always baised against our boys from the sub-continent). we all saw what happened after the sydney test fiasco, and prior to that when inzy and his boys had an issue with umpair D. Hair, india stood stongly behind pakistan and the rest is history.

think of it 80%(+) cricket revenue comes for the sub-continent and they have already started crying foul, ref: Allan Border's recent statement on IPL.

Comeon man! Not again India vs pakistan. What happened to Austraila? Those scary kangroos seemed to have been shiting in their pants coming to pakistan. Pakistan should launch a strong protest to the ICC and demand the loss that we will suffer due to this reason of austraila not touring pakistan.

The PCB did launch a strong case against CA with the ICC. However, CA really doesn't care since the financial burden of not playing with Pakistan affects the PCB a whole lot more than it does them. Also, CA and it's front line players will generate enough revenue through the IPL to make up for any possible losses.

I have mixed feelings about this whole thing. On one hand I don't think its fair to force Australian players to play in Pakistan if they are concerned for their safety or if they choose to abide by the recommendation of the Government of Australia who has deemed Pakistan as an unsafe country for it's citizens. How they came to the conclusion is a different matter altogether and probably deserves its own thread.

Having said that, I am very unhappy with the way the CA has treated the PCB in such a publicly dismissive manner. Also, the power structure based on money makes me a bit uneasy; because it clearly indicates an established order of inequality.

Australia is actually coming, however it will be a shortened tour,(Don't know why, dumb whites.), and so will India. However it is still to be confirmed.

if Australia doesn't come, they will have to pay $2 million, and the PCB have already insured the series for 7 million so its all good.

Australia is actually coming, however it will be a shortened tour,(Don't know why, dumb whites.), and so will India. However it is still to be confirmed.

if Australia doesn't come, they will have to pay $2 million, and the PCB have already insured the series for 7 million so its all good.

Its good for PCB if they recover the monetary losses. However its not good for die-hard cricket fans and not good for cricket.
I disagree with over-dose of India-Pakistan cricket.

Yeah yaar, we need to get back at them. They barely beat us in india, when our bowling was dead, and now Asif, Gul and Shoaib are all fit. If they all play, we will see different results! Inshallah.

The AAG will burn through the indian batting!! (Asif, Akthar,Gul)

Yeah yaar, we need to get back at them. They barely beat us in india, when our bowling was dead, and now Asif, Gul and Shoaib are all fit. If they all play, we will see different results! Inshallah.

The AAG will burn through the indian batting!! (Asif, Akthar,Gul)

Cricket is played on the field , Every team has some ups and downs. Hope AAG rips apart indian batting. But do not ignore recent emergence of battery of Bowlers in India they have managed to beat Australians.

There can be no such thing as overdose of India Pakistan cricket.

Ha ha agree use of word over-dose sounds bit extreme, But having too many matches may rob some thrill in Indo-Pak matches.

Geo just announced India is not coming to Pakistan, but would try it's best to convince Australia to tour.

Back
Top Bottom