What's new

Indian Brahmos missle crashes in Mian Channo

The missile was likely trying to execute an S manoeuvre and failed.

During peacetime our SAMs are not active to avoid shooting down a passenger plane like Iranians.
It’s not that they are not active but that with civilian traffic they don’t take the risk lest a SAM goes awry and take something else down.

Well at least we now know that Brahmos's guidance systems can be spoofed. Lets see what other goodies can be found in the wreckage. :lol:
Not much - the impact speed pretty much obliterated everything

Also, this whole incident whether it is intentional or not shows extremely poorly on the professionalism of the Indian Armed Forces. This fact should be weaponized by the Pakistanis in information warfare.

Indians already leaked information about Brahmos to us in exchange for bobs and vegana. I am not trolling, I'm dead serious.
The Indians have clearly f*d up! we now have (an albeit broken) sample of their deadliest weapon for our experts to study (do you forget the US Tomahawk!?) We got a brahmos missile in exchange for some rubble! No loss of life! The broken pieces of this missile are still worth >10x all the damage caused.

There are 4 of those. But yes, good question.
View attachment 822436

Why is there a flange?
View attachment 822434

What are those crumpled panels with holes?
View attachment 822435

What are these? They look awfully familiar but I cannot put my finger on where I've seen them.
View attachment 822433
Maybe here.

Screenshot_20220311-021936_Canva.jpg

Work in progress.

It is clear the India wont own up to a failed test but at the same time the booster(if it is truly supposed to fall off(and if it didn’t why did the missile still keep flying for so long) is still there and it did follow a normal flight pattern to simply crash into Pakistan.
I will admit that I haven't looked at Brahmos as closely as some Pakistani systems but I was very confused by this point too. The booster section appears to be in the wreckage. Now we clearly have videos of the Brahmos where the booster falls off. You can see this on youtube. But there are recent tests where you can't tell if it falls off or not. Furthermore, the air launch test videos cut off before the booster cuts off. We also have that picture that @kursed posted that I also saw - but that can always be a PS. Now, either we are mistaken by the wreckage. Or the Brahmos has versions/upgrades with/without booster separation. I could easily imagine a booster designed to double as a ramjet nozzle when empty (with some actuated flaps/doors). It could possibly be the air-launched version only. I did read something about an indigenous booster as well. Maybe it's the indigenous booster that does this. I don't know the first thing about ramjets so I don't know how/if that is helpful. So all in all, a lot of confusion. Perhaps someone with knowledge on these aerodynamics can shed more light.

I agree with everything you said except the last part. Why use Babur and risk them getting parts of it to study?

If Pak needs to respond - use low tech / less important assets, even an unguided rocket or one of the old Hatf 1s. Nothing of value.

The difference would be Pakistans babur would have a high explosive warhead attached. Nothing left behind to study but rubble my brother.

Only one conclusion. It was a test gone wrong.

India testing Pakistan's air defences is a really silly theory, why?
Because giving Pakistan BrahMos's wreckage is insanity. It is their most high-tech weapon.
Remember when US Tomahawks fell in Pakistan and we reverse engineered them and built Babur? Same thing can happen
with BrahMos. In ten years inshaAllah we will have a copy of BrahMos ready. And more importantly we will also learn how to counter it.
Thank you for the Pakistan Day gift India. :)

This whole press conference sounds like we lot are a bunch of " kumis" asking ch sb ie India that mai bap is daffa to Thapar mara hah next time thora aram say Marnah.
Instead of at the very least sounding tough ur asking mercy from the enemy

Wt a bunch of toothless disgracers.
hum begharti ki hadd tak peace loving nation hain.

Back
Top Bottom