What's new

Indian bluster yet again: 'to act decisively if another attack happens'

Status
Not open for further replies.

equiliz3r

BANNED
Reaction score
India to act decisively if another attack happens: Chidambaram - GEO.tv

NEW DELHI: India will act "swiftly and decisively" if another terrorist attack emanates from Pakistani soil, Indian Home Minister P. Chidambaram said on Friday, urging Pakistan to "reinvent itself" as a genuine democracy and a responsible neighbour.

"If we are able to establish with a reasonable degree of certainty that another attack on India emanated from Pakistani soil, we will respond swiftly and decisively," the Indian home minister said while addressing an event.

"It suffices to say our response will be swift and decisive," he added, in response to a a query if this also meant military action.

Referring to Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafeez Saeed, Chidambaram said, "Investigations around the world are carried out in a certain way. If Pakistan does not know how to interrogate Saeed, then they should allow my agents to go in there and do the job. I am willing to get this done."

"If Pakistan wants to bury its head ostrich-like, then what can we say. I'd like to believe that Pakistan has stepped back from sponsoring non-state actors, but there is no proof of that yet," Chidambaram said.

Pakistan could make a start towards convincing India of its sincerity by providing voice samples of those suspected of guiding the 26/11 terrorists from Pakistan, said Chidambaram.

But in the same breath he indicated that Pakistan had simply refused to act even though India had sent in a list of suspects.

Arguing that Pakistan had proved to be a "difficult neighbour" ever since partition and independence in 1947, Chidambaram said India's main hope was for a political transformation in Islamabad.

"It must reinvent itself to become a truly democratic country where real power lies in democratically elected leaders' hands," he said.

"The two nations are nuclear powers, and war is not an option, so we must talk," the home minister said. "At other times, we must remain vigilant." :victory:

"We tried to make a beginning with the foreign secretary talks, but nothing came out of it, I'm afraid," Chidambaram said. "But I am told we are still open to another round of talks between the foreign secretaries.":taz:

If Pakistan does not know how to interrogate Saeed, then they should allow my agents to go in there and do the job. I am willing to get this done."

Yeah and when the agents come,Pakistan would just sit idle and do nothing about it.

Please man, can he stop making irresponsible remarks like that, it just making relations between both countries worst.

The question of swift response the first question is why would pakistan allow any attack on india from its soil when if today it wants peaceful relations. ISI And other agencies are quite capable. It all depends on if they really want to thwart it.

Yeah and when the agents come,Pakistan would just sit idle and do nothing about it.

Please man, can he stop making irresponsible remarks like that, it just making relations between both countries worst.

didnt you got it mate whats he saying????

asking permission to interrogate UN banned terrorist

Something really awful for our neighbours is being cooked in the north block and south block.I wonder what Chidu ,MMS and Anthony are in some good strategy

didnt you got it mate whats he saying????

asking permission to interrogate UN banned terrorist

Dude, Saeed is in Pakistan, and Pakistan will be the one interogatting Saeed, its remarks like this that fuels hate.

He is not asking for any covert operations. He meant he you are not able to extract information then let us give it a try.

If Pakistan does not know how to interrogate Saeed, then they should allow my agents to go in there and do the job. I am willing to get this done." [/B]

its plain english, but still troubling some of our pakistani friends.

they = pakistan
should allow = give permission
my agents = indian investigators

You people need English Guru :rofl:

You give us access to Ajmal Kassab First.......................

Then we might THINK about you allowing to meed hafiz saeed.

Dude, Saeed is in Pakistan, and Pakistan will be the one interogatting Saeed, its remarks like this that fuels hate.

atleast he forced Pakistan to admit 26/11 happened from Pakistan.....................how about Mr. Rehman malik ...............same old comment after every attack....................India did this.........but no proof........................peaceful way :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom