What's new

Indian Army used artillery & heavy mortars on LOC targeting Civilian Population

I don't have any problem with this map if all the religions especially Islam is outlawed.
If people want Islam then they will have it. They have had enough of rapes, drunkards , abuse, trafficking etc when the time is right Islam will take over again.

You don't even need to look at the post then why bother replying ??? :lol:

Replied for the relevant part, clearly evident that you presented a fake example, which infact proved that how Chapter VI is not enforceable.

Does that very good example left any room to further discuss pacific nature of chapter VI?

Anyway, someone who refuses to accept UN reports and dismisses ICJ experts for being 'bad' in law, is not worth wasting time on. :lol:

Your shifting the goal post after somalia fiasco is well understood.

No need to quote me again bhai ... I am not here to educate those who refuse to learn

Taking it as a point, afterall you have asked it twice in a day. My last post ever to you. :)

Please educate UN to enforce them atleast.

No need to get desperate, Joe
Wake me up when you find someone who has some knowledge, and who knows how to argue :enjoy:

Seems like FB campaigns and display pics are not so enforcing your narrative, hopes were quite high after Aug 5. :sick:

Wake me up when UN listens to your propaganda ever.

The proof of pudding is in the eating.

Stay Safe !!

Replied for the relevant part, clearly evident that you presented a fake example, which infact proved that how Chapter VI is not enforceable.

Does that very good example left any room to further discuss pacific nature of chapter VI?

As stated earlier, there is a concept of 'precedent' in legal systems, and UNISOM 1 operated without invoking Ch: VII ... That was the whole point, which you obviously were unable to get...

But on a serious note, someone who rejects UN interpretation/explanation of its resolutions and reports by UN mediators, and who believes that ICJ experts are 'bad' in law, cannot be taken seriously.

You obviously are not here to argue/discuss anything but to peddle Indian state propaganda that has already been posted, thoroughly discussed and summarily refuted a million times here ... Then why waste time ? apna bhi baqion ka bhi?

Last edited:
Now that I know who you are not, I find your posts all the more awesome. Holding your own against a learned and intelligent interlocutor of the stature of .

Thank You for your kind words, but that wont be well received. Few topics are so polarizing that they clutter ones vision to judge, and there can not be the other truth, so how can you be good while peddling only lies?

Please delete that post if I may request you.

Last edited:
Do you believe in anything Indians share? As per them F-16 was also shot down but we know the reality. So nothing of that sort has taken place.

It doesn't matter if you or other pakistanis don't believie indian narrative, the issue is india successfully sells its narrative against Pakistan in leading news outlets of the western world both in America and Europe through its agents in those international news outlets. And that is where it matters. Pakistan needs to get out of this bloody mindset of thinking like a frog in the well that because Pakistanis don't believe indian propaganda that automatically means that the rest of the world would also not believe indian propaganda. The truth of the matter is that indians always successfully sell their anti-Pakistan narrative while the Pakistani establishment acts like frogs living in the well by thinking just because they think that indian narrative is false. The world is not fair, here the one who is successful in convincing others about one's narrative is the one who wins, whether his narrative is morally or factually right or wrong doesn't matter. China has learned it in the recent corona crisis.

Last edited:
Offcourse UN would like us to believe so and they can be made enforceable by passing further resolutions under chapter VII. Chapter VI is political and based on peaceful negotiations and resolutions are advisory in nature as stated clearly by Kofi Annan. There is no enforcing mechanism covered in Chapter VI

During his visit to Pakistan and India in 2001, former secretary general of United Nations Kofi Annan had remarked that Kashmir resolutions were only advisory recommendations and comparing them with those on East Timor and Iraq was like comparing apples and oranges, since those resolutions were passed under Chapter VII, which make them enforceable by the UNSC. According to the UN Charter, resolutions passed under chapter VI, like the resolutions on Kashmir, are considered non-binding. Only the resolutions passed under Chapter VII can be enforced by the United Nations through force or other means.

https://dailytimes.com.pk/64203/going-back-to-the-un-on-kashmir/

@Joe Shearer .. We have discussed it more than once before, Kofi Annan didn't say what was falsely attributed to him by Indian Media (then copied by some in Pak). No UN Sec Gen would say about UNSC resolutions on Kashmir that they are non-binding, or have become irrelevant.. I remember providing link to @IMARV (on PAF) to Kofi Annan's press conference in which he clarified that what he had said. But we have it posted here once again ... What's the point in posting same lies over and over again? You call it quality? ...

Posting it here once again:

I did have lots of discussions on the relationship between India and Pakistan. We also did discuss Kashmir. I encouraged both countries to come together and discuss their differences, and resolve their issues at the negotiating table -– in the spirit of Lahore and Simla if you wish —- and that they should focus on coming together. There were references to the United Nations resolutions, which are important because once the resolutions are passed they are there. But they are not self-implementing, as I said; in the end, the parties have to come together to talk, to resolve the issue.
https://www.un.org/press/en/2001/sgsm7748.doc.htm

====

And it's here on PDF too:

First your invention of the Indian papers on what Kofi Annan (who incidentally is not the UN secretary General and would not have had the power to rule on UN resolutions when he was SG). The reality is the Kofi Annan said no such thing, as was stated by Huanji she, the UN spokeswoman..

"That was not what he said at all, said Huanji She said as you can see On 10 March 2001, he was asked by a journalist in Islamabad if the UN would be interested to implement its resolutions as it implemented in East Timor ? The Secretary General replied "I think the UN resolutions on Kashmir are on record and the UN has observers in the region. We have UNMOGIP. In fact, the Chief Military Observer is here.

Secretary General said "You are comparing apples and oranges" When it comes to implementation of resolutions, I think we have to be clear here. The UN has two types of resolutions -- enforcement resolutions under Chapter VII and other resolutions. The resolution you are referring to here comes under Chapter VI, which require cooperation of both parties to get implemented. the two parties discussing these issues and finding a peaceful way is the route I recommend.

Spokeswoman rejects Kofi Annan said UN resolution on Kashmir not binding - ContactPakistan.com

In fact, the UN resolutions ARE binding, as I've proved above with resolution from March 30th, 1951, and numerous quotes from Indian government.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter if you or other pakistanis don't believie indian narrative, the issue is india successfully sells its narrative against Pakistan in leading news outlets of the western world both in America and Europe through its agents in those international news outlets. And that is where it matters. Pakistan needs to get out of this bloody mindset of thinking like a frog in the well that because Pakistanis don't believe indian propaganda that automatically means that the rest of the world would also not believe indian propaganda. The truth of the matter is that indians always successfully sell their anti-Pakistan narrative while the Pakistani establishment acts like frogs living in the well by thinking just because they think that indian narrative is false. The world is not fair, here the one who is successful in convincing others about one's narrative is the one who wins, whether his narrative is morally or factually right or wrong doesn't matter. China has learned it in the recent corona crisis.
That was possible only because of previous governments of Nawaz Sharif and Zardari. Here:
https://www.dawn.com/news/1541229
This was the reason Pakistan for treated as the whipping boy because we were not taking our narrative to the international audience however this has changed significantly in this government and the results are starting to show. The world did not took serious Indian pulwama blame, than when India attempted that failed strike and claimed that 400-500 so called terrorists died, it was dismissed by the international audience. Kashmir has been resonating on all International media outlets before COVID-19 and Indians were themselves admitting that India for the 1st time has been outsmarted and out maneuvered by Pakistan on the diplomatic front.
Point being if you are not going to speak for yourself because of your vested personal interests, you cant expect others to listen to you and hence India was enjoying unilateral support uptil now.

That was possible only because of previous governments of Nawaz Sharif and Zardari. Here:
https://www.dawn.com/news/1541229
This was the reason Pakistan for treated as the whipping boy because we were not taking our narrative to the international audience however this has changed significantly in this government and the results are starting to show. The world did not took serious Indian pulwama blame, than when India attempted that failed strike and claimed that 400-500 so called terrorists died, it was dismissed by the international audience. Kashmir has been resonating on all International media outlets before COVID-19 and Indians were themselves admitting that India for the 1st time has been outsmarted and out maneuvered by Pakistan on the diplomatic front.
Point being if you are not going to speak for yourself because of your vested personal interests, you cant expect others to listen to you and hence India was enjoying unilateral support uptil now.
In the previous governments India didn't have the courage to annex article 370....and also to infiltrate inside Pakistan....

In the previous governments India didn't have the courage to annex article 370....and also to infiltrate inside Pakistan....
AH BECAUSE he was a Slave of India and has Business relation with India, it quite possible if India annexed Kashmir he was not reacted at all, NAWAZ/ZARDARI is Traitors of Pakistan

lol. wow you people still believe in this shit. Nawaz Sharif Invited Modi to his Grand daughter wedding while people were killed in Kashmir by the same Modi, was having sectret meetings with Jindal (a known harami and anti Pakistan) in Murree and nobody in the foreign office knew about it. Have you forgotten the famous dawn leaks?
Have you also forgotten after 26/11 Indian planes ventured in Pakistan and your beloved President Zardari said " Galti sa ahh ga hoon ga" Have you forgotten Durrani remarks on Ajmal Kasab, the memo gate scandal, Hussain Haqqani, Sahalah check post attack, OBL raid, numerous others that i can recall and present it to.
Have some shame before trying to make heros out of traitors.
As for article 370, go read army statement on it, i dont understand what is the big deal you lot make it out to be when Pakistan never accepted this in the first place.

I come to this place after such a long time and its still the same. The LOC is still the same and both sides are still claiming losses of the opposition and are celebrating it. An ammo dump being targeted is being paraded as D-Day and the loss of 5 indian commandos to militants is being claimed as great victory by Pakistan. still the same. ( heard @Nilgiri say @Joe Shearer is 'kicking butt' again lolzz).

I am just going to touch this joe that the concept that all resolutions are under chapter 6 and not 7 is flawed due to several reasons and they must be understood. I am not going to touch whether the UN resolutions are extremely binding, strongly binding, not binding or incapable to be binding. I am simply going to state whether the resolutions between the year 1947-1957 ( 16 to 17 resolutions i think) were under chapter 6 or chapter 7.

First of all in layman terms, Chapter 6 of the united nations is composed of 6 articles and each of these articles speak on settlement of disputes.

Article 33 section highlights that any dispute whose continuation can create threats to international peace shall first of all seek resolution through negotiation e.t.c. e.t.c

The remaining articles highlight how the united council can investigate the disputes, nations can bring froth any dispute and the UN provide recommendations those states in dispute.

Basically the concept is that these are not binding upon states. This is a major legal question that is being argued to this day since there are several legal schools that believe that chapter 6 has binding power whereas another argues that they do not have binding power.

Before i enter into this let me state that united states charter is basically the constitutional framework for the united nations or something meant to be like that and the first thing we study in constitutional law is that it is not to be cherry picked nor to be read in isolation but as a whole document from section to last since each section creates an effect upon the other and any contradiction highlights the incompetence of state structure. Let me highlight. We, in our constitution, had judicial review in article 199 and and article 8 which highlight laws inconsistent with or in derogation of islam or fundamental rights will be void and article 199 is judicial review thus we see here that the constitution is saying one thing here that the courts can strike down laws passed by parliament if they contravene islam or fundamental rights however Zia added another article which was Article 239 (5) which barred the courts from questioning any amendment to the constitution now this is in contradiction to article 8 which empowers the court to strike down any law or amendment that is against islam or fundamental rights. This was struck down by courts in 2015 but the fact is that constitutions are read as a whole and each section connects the other and must empower the sections rather than hinder them.

The reason why i used this example is to help you understand some basics of law so that when we read the UN charter, we can come to understand why two opinions exist and how they effect the UN resolutions.

So The Namibia judicial advisory highlighted that the legal opinion stating that chapter 6 is non binding is in contradiction to several articles of the UN charter. The first that they highlighted was that it goes against the concept on Article 24 shose first section placed responsibility upon the security council to act on behalf of member states to maintain international peace and they shall be given powers in accordance to chapter 6,7,8,9. Now here we see that member states have given primary responsibility to the security council in maintenance of international peace. So if there is any threat to the international peace, they need to provide prompt and effective action to solve such threat on behalf of member states. Ofcourse we can all argue, how, when , where but that is not what i am saying. The reason why the jurist opinion pointed that chapter 6 being recommendation would make article 24 superfluous is bcz you have one article that is stating prompt responses to solve problems and then you have one chapter that says recommend and then leave. I understand that the balance of state independence and having to create a unilateral world organization was not easy but such contraventions create hindering effects in dispute resolution and even the working of the UN. They then highlighted Article 47 and 48. Now what are these two articles? Another Article was mentioned which was article 25 which states that member states must agree to accept and carry out the decisions of the security council.

Article 47 states that action required for the carrying out of decisions for the maintenance of international peace shall be taken by all members and mutual assistance to each other or through the organizations that they are part of.

Now this thought process of binding nature is supported by some jurists whereas others state that they are non binding who state that such separation of chapters was made to differentiate between consent of parties and binding resolutions and that chapter 7 does not have the matter of consent that is present in chapter 6. They also argue that the chapter 6, the disputed parties cannot vote upon the dispute resolution thus if such binding nature is given then the two parties are not given the power to bring forth their vote upon a resolution that is binding upon them.

There are some that take a more moderate view that Chapter 6 is not just advisory opinion and they are still directives of the security council which must be respected and are the responsibility of the security council to be implemented however they do not have the stringent military options attached to them which resolutions under chapter 7 have. Now rosalynn higgings stated that these chapters are highly ambiguous in nature and the binding nature of a dispute resolution must be seen through the words and the content that the resolution attaches and most importantly upon whether the parties wanted recommendations or decisions rather than look upon chapters. The united nations, in all its wisdom, did not brand chapters on resolution in its early stages.

The reason why i posted above was to help you understand how polarized the charter of UN is and how grand the legal questions are and yes there are legal questions and interpretations. all of you are looking at things from contract law or guardian law ( his example) or local law but international law is very different from muncipal law and it is very ill defined. Nobody is lying over here but interpreting things to your concepts and basis atleast to the argument of chapter 6 and chapter 7.

Now with the hope that the complexity of international law shall be respected let us dive into whether the resolutions of 1947-1957 fall into chapter 6 or chapter 7. i have great respect for kofi annan but he was not a lawyer and the complexity of the UN charter was not his domain. Whatever he states whether they were binding or not cannot be taken on face value. such complex questions require legal history.

Now first of all the 17 resolutions did not have a specific chapter mentioned which means that where those that state that they were under chapter 6 cannot disapprove those that state that they were under chapter 7 since chapters were not specifically mentioned.

In such a lost situations, we need to take guidance from rosalyn higgins who stated that content of the resolution and the will of the parties determine whether the resolution is binding or recommendation.

Resolution 47 that constituted a committee had the words instructs the commission to proceed at once and place its good offices and mediation at the disposal of the governments of India and Pakistan. Now this is the resolution that India keeps talking about and here we see the UN constituting a commission, highlighting its powers, uses and directed it to do it immediately so there was an element of binding within it. It cannot be called a recommendation since nowhere did it state "subject to approval". So we can clearly see that the concept that they were recommendations contravenes the language of the resolution. Infact the increase in powers of the commission in terms of Ceasefire line highlights that they were not recommendations but binding in nature. How can we say that a resolution is recommendatory and at the same time the commission is empowered to oversee the cease fire and the cease fire line agreement. Resolution 96 also has similar language where it instructed the representative to continue its efforts of bringing forth demilitarization of Kashmir by both parties and report after 6 weeks of all the problems that he is facing in creating this effect.

Resolution 98 was more recommendatory since it repeatedly used the words 'urges'to bring forth demilitarization of the area with having a set number of forces...

the point is that to state that all resolutions were chapter 6 ( a very disputed chapter and home to multiple interpretations), is flawed since the resolutions contained other aspects which were implemented and instructions to those commissions and offices. I am reminded of professor Stephens zunes that stated that the chapter is not merely advisory but are directives of the security council and thus they have binding power although absent the although absent the stringent enforcement options such as military force which are available in chapter 7. If we look at it from his point of view then we can understand the resolution language even more that since there are no stringent enforcement in place thus the language must be in a form or urges and requests rather than absolute orders.

Now i am reminded again of article 24 and article 25 which places responsibilities upon both security council in its directives and upon member nations upon the directives...

Some have highlighted that these are general laws and chapter 6 and 7 are special laws but the constitution must be general and must not play the legal relationship between special and general with its own articles as i highlighted the relationship between article 8 and article 199 and article 239(5). This highlights flaws in the nature of the framework.

I hope that you guys when bringing forth arguments respect the polarity of the framework of the united nations and refrain from calling each other liars, deceivers and stuff.

Frankly in the end this is useless. The united nations cannot and will not be able to solve this. they are not empowered enough and frankly all of us would be quite worried in a world where the security council is empowered enough to force two nuclear nations with armies larger than most of the world's armies to be enforced because then they can enforce alot of other stuff then as well. As we argue that you didnt follow this and you didnt follow that and you signed this agreement and you signed that agreement and this resolution is chapter 6 and that is chapter 7 and all of it, the people of kashmir are suffering. One is under lockdown and before that was being pushed down whereas the other is struggling with representation within a country is so hoped to join with empty promises that it did not fulfill. We can argue and win discussions here in front of 20 people but the people on the ground dont care. they dont care how many resolutions were passed, they dont care who is right and who is wrong and what is the legal procedure and what are the legal questions. They dont care. they see two armies entrenched firing against one another and justifying each bullet and each death with a thousand excuses. they see those crazy nations building bridges over incidents that took a million lives whereas on their end they see fences, posts bring increased daily.

Your discussions were very informative but the legal position had flaws but it doesnt matter. We are not in court here but i hope the above sample will help you understand the complications of law and how difficult it is for the people of the region.

@Joe Shearer we have learned much in this discussion. Alot but the only thing we can take home is "you did this" "I did this" " you should have done this" " you didnt do this" and Joe that wont solve the problem. Not At All.

In the end nothing has changed

Back
Top Bottom