What's new

Indian Army News & Discussions

Lessons have been learnt for sure (various commissions have seen to that) it is the implementation that has suffered thanks to the longest serving Defence Minister in India's history stalling procurements of every value/importance.

With Modi's impetus on "make India" and Improving the indigenous capabilities of defence firms in India the situation should be addressed within a decade (needing to rely on others for ammunition) also consider that on the high-end munitions (PGMs) India has developed the capacity to design and manufacture such munitions that it did not have during Kargil (and thus had to go to Israel) and these capabilities will only grow going foreword....
To me the plethora of time (5yrs to a decade) required to achieve these targets sounds more disturbing.
Or may be I am being too sceptical.

To me the plethora of time (5yrs to a decade) required to achieve these targets sounds more disturbing.
Or may be I am being too sceptical.
5 years is pretty reasonable considering the vast quantities of ammunition we are talking about. And don't forget its is not a question of a one off buy, every year huge amounts of stocks will be used for training purposes and also ammunition has a finite shelf life so it will be a continuous process of buying to get the required level of war reserves for such a vast military.

5 years is pretty reasonable considering the vast quantities of ammunition we are talking about. And don't forget its is not a question of a one off buy, every year huge amounts of stocks will be used for training purposes and also ammunition has a finite shelf life so it will be a continuous process of buying to get the required level of war reserves for such a vast military.
Gotcha!!!

p5yy.jpg

Rhythm

Babe hun
Yellen pump

Fed Chair Yellen's assets up 8% during 2013

Among the stocks listed on the disclosure form were shares of Conoco Phillips, DirecTV, DuPont, Office Depot, Pfizer, Raytheon, Phillips 66, Norfolk Southern and 21st Century Fox. The disclosure form showed that Yellen held a mix of company stocks and investment funds.

Fed Chair Yellen's assets up 8% during 2013

Of about a dozen joint development and co-production projects the Pentagon has proposed to India, emphasis is being placed on a deal that would let India co-develop and manufacture the Javelin anti-tank missile made by a joint venture of Bethesda, Maryland-based Lockheed and Waltham, Massachusetts-based Raytheon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom