What's new

Indian Air Force fighter jet crashes in Sikkim, pilot missing

Jaguars are supposed to fly beyond 2030. Bagdogra sits in the center of the Siliguri Corridor / chicken's neck.

http://indiatoday.in...0/1/216700.html

Jaguar modernisation to push service life beyond 2030

Posted Image

The Indian Air Force(IAF) has lit the afterburners to make its Jaguars fighting fit for modern warfare and increase their service life.

The Jaguars, the only aircraft with the IAF capable of carrying nuclear weapons other than the Mirage-2000s, are being fitted with autopilots, next-generation avionics and lethal armaments under an ambitious modernisation programme that will see the fighters flying well after 2030.

Nearly 120 Jaguars are being modernised.

So far, the IAF has procured autopilots for 55 Jaguars and talks for 95 more, which includes spare autopilots, are underway, according to information shared by the government in Parliament.

The upgradation of the Ambala-based fighter jets, in service for more than four decades, is being carried out by the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited(HAL) at a cost of more than Rs 3,000 crore. The IAF feels the Jaguars, powered by Rolls Royce Adour-811 turbofan engines, are underpowered, and wants a more powerful engine for the fighters.

But its hunt for a new powerplant has not been easy. In 2010, its bid for more than 250 turbofans for the Jaguars could not take off as one of the contenders - Rolls Royce, which offered its upgraded Adour MK-821 engine- backed out leaving only Honeywell's F124IN engine in the fray.

The Indian government prefers to avoid single-vendor bids in military acquisitions.

The Jaguar's cockpit is going to completely transform. It's going to turn all glass. There will be digital MFDs(multifunction displays) replacing the traditional analog gauges and dials, and pilots will have fly-by-wire controls.

Autopilots would lessen pilot workload, freeing them from physically flying the jet during long flights though, in an ultimate test of IAF top guns, six Jaguars flew all the way to Alaska for a joint exercise with the US Air Force in 2004.

The government is also reviving a plan to re-engine the aircraft with a more powerful powerplant.

The Jaguars are very under powered. They need new engines badly.

BTW heard that the avionics and engine upgrade will happen simultaneously.. A good news for Jag Squads..

2 in 7 days, this is getting ridiculous:hitwall:
There should be more public awareness about these things, which would then force our authorities to tighten their game.:help:
I mean they are continuously wasting our money.

Is the Pilot dead??, if he was alive they would have found him already.

Most of crashes happens due to pilot error and software hardware failure.... However there are crashes that been caused by aggressive greys who busy testing its technology capablity against technology that is multi million years behind.... What am going to show u is real video in which many humans died. It was famous air show.... Look very closely.... Tell me what you see....
UFO attacks Sukhoi Su-27 fighter jet - YouTube
Also if you planning to go Russia than Avoid going anywhere near mountain of Death.... Its under aggressive Greys.... Russia declared No fly zone over it. It defeated Russia when Russia attacked it with Missiles and Jet fighters. Its a testing base of aggressive Greys who tests weapons against humans.... The most deadly one is Nuclear gun.... If you have time please must Read whole true story below.... Very sad story in which all 9 been found dead....
Dyatlov Pass Incident

It explains the crash rate of mig-21. And I always thought it was because they were old.

good that pilot is safe abut jet we all know they made for crash and display :whistle:

i was under impression they were very recently upgraded and given new lease on life?

was it pilot error or technical issue

Is Jaguar beating Mig21 for the top infamous title?

Not even close; but then again, their jaguar fleet is relatively smaller i think.

good that pilot is safe abut jet we all know they made for crash and display :whistle:

And to conduct deep penetration strikes and strategic reconnaisance,nuclear strikes along with self defence air to air strikes,in all weather,anytime of the day. Also they are made for take off and land in unprepared runways. And I forgot,maritime strikes and Precision strikes along with in-flight refueling too.

And to conduct deep penetration strikes and strategic reconnaisance,nuclear strikes along with self defence air to air strikes,in all weather,anytime of the day. Also they are made for take off and land in unprepared runways. And I forgot,maritime strikes and Precision strikes along with in-flight refueling too.

bus bus ziada show off na ker sary jet yehi kam kerty hain or kya jets cement ki boriyaan uthaty hain ?:lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom