What's new

India will bag more medals in London Olympics than Bejing: IOA

I think the title of the article is confusing the reader. It should either write "more medals than at the Beijing OG" or "more than in Beijing".

Honestly, i think India would be lucky to bag 3 gold medals.

Consider China's performance on Olympic Games and Asian Games, India should have a ratio of 3 gold medals in the London Olympic Games of 2012.

Honestly, i should thank you that you have at least consider 3 gold for india. i am more pessimistic than that. indian IOA needs to take many lessons from their chinese counterparts, on how to improve sports persons, infrastructure and so on.... 1.3 billion of us and see our performance at such level...

sorry fellow indians, sometimes we have to accept the reality....

I think we have a good chance.

India being significantly larger has won a total of 10 gold medals? Pakistan has won 3? That means we are not too bad for a devloping country, and if resources were given to athletes I think we could become a strong country in the olympics.

When will you guys stop posting the message THE BIG IF, if resource are given - for sports, if opportunity are given - for IT industry, if Zardari is not our president - for economic development, and you add on many things to your IF list. Ultimate reason for your failure is - you are fit for nothing, no one is going to remove the Big IF from your country Dictionary, unless you wake up and realise what needs to be done for the changes...

At least I am happy for you, because many in Pakistan blame Raw, Zionist, USA, Black Water, White water, and many more theories for your failure!!!

The problem with us South Asians regarding sports is we aren't encouraged to follow a sporting profession by our parents and society in general. Sports is limited to being a hobby. All our parents want is for us to become doctors, lawyers, engineers etc i.e. "a safe and stable future". Maybe with time this thinking will go away but one thing for sure is that Indians or Pakistanis arent physically any less capable than other people around the world, its just a matter of where we are told our priorities should lie.

haha to you guys everything's cheating where you can't win! Show some sportsman spirit. Will ya?

This is pathetic! floods - because of india, economy in despair - because of india, terrotism - because of India and RAW, Loss in cricket - Because of india, Your dishonest cricketrs fix the match - because of india!

You have to stop blaming india for EVERYTHING!

Unfortunately, for some people, whether they lie, troll or whatever, belittling Indian achievements is called patriotism. :hitwall:

I am laughing at the thoughts of OP who started the thread thinking India is saying they are gonna beat China in London Olympics.. :lol:

Can there be a bigger joke than this? :lol:

TBH, Even if China sends teams just from Beijing only then also I am sure they will win more medals than India do.. That's a fact..

What India wanna do is to improve its performance from Beijing? That's realistic.. now what exactly is wrong that people are fighting on?

The problem with us South Asians regarding sports is we aren't encouraged to follow a sporting profession by our parents and society in general. Sports is limited to being a hobby. All our parents want is for us to become doctors, lawyers, engineers etc i.e. "a safe and stable future". Maybe with time this thinking will go away but one thing for sure is that Indians or Pakistanis arent physically any less capable than other people around the world, its just a matter of where we are told our priorities should lie.

Very well said...Mr. Bamxa, my brother used to be a very good hockey player, but my father wanted him to become an engineer and he used to stop him or scold him when ever he goes to play or practice hockey - one time at height of nonsense my father burned his hockey stick!!!, and still my brother pursed his passion with out the knowledge of my father and many of his winning medals and shields he used to hide in our store room when he was young, but unfortunately my brother ended-up us an engineer as per my father's wish...My father was not a cruel person, he was more worried for us - he used to say I am not educated but my only aim is to see my kids highly educated and in good jobs having good life...In our society they see only education can give good life, but that concept is changing after the IPL or the other sports persons success...best example is now my brother wants his son to become what he wishes to be in his life, his son is just 12 and already have won junior tennis tournaments in Bangalore...

Honestly, i should thank you that you have at least consider 3 gold for india. i am more pessimistic than that. indian IOA needs to take many lessons from their chinese counterparts, on how to improve sports persons, infrastructure and so on.... 1.3 billion of us and see our performance at such level...

Yep, in the same way that we believe our football team won't be qualified for the World Cup in the next 20 years. :coffee:

I think we have a good chance.

India being significantly larger has won a total of 10 gold medals? Pakistan has won 3? That means we are not too bad for a devloping country, and if resources were given to athletes I think we could become a strong country in the olympics.

Peoples don't play any other sports beside cricket and Government is also not doing any efforts to promote all others individuals sport . Those Pakistani who made their name in squash, tennis, snooker were their personal struggle and achievement without any sponsorship from government. There are many Amir khan in Pakistan but no body know about them :)

Only way we can improve our performance is, all the sports body to be given in the hands of our corporate - because in last Olympic all the Indian medalists are beneficiary of the Mittal sports foundation in India and they are playing major role now for many young talents...Best example is even after many years of preparation for the CWG games in Delhi the government staged the show with lots of issues and last minute finished work, and in-fact at one stage even many are saying to shift the game to some other country, but this year a private corporate staged the F1 race in India with in a short period of time with pin point efficiency. I believe F1 racing is more complicated and technically challenging then the CWG - yet the Jaypee Group received very good review and appreciation from every one after the event...

Well you can't cheat in the Olympics, so it might be difficult to bring home the gold for India, unlike Cricket World Cup.

I LOVE IT! It is only your's country's players that have been accused/charged with match fixing and yet you are adamant India is at it despite 0 evidence just sour grapes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom