What's new

India warns Dhaka of assassination plot: report

Proportionately Bangladesh is already doing better than India. Only Maharasthra state has a bigger economy. No other Indian state is comparable to Bangladesh. All others are worse off than Bangladesh.

i maybe wrong mr munsh but i guess it was shown that if was a state of india......,.bd would be the poorest state with the lowest income per capita(i am not into economics,so the words used may be wrong).........no hard feelings.....regards

Lajja did not win the Booker Prize and never will. The White Tiger resembles what most people believe to be modern day India and that is why it is widely accepted and read. Indians should be ashamed.

Oh pls, spare us the idiocy. You guys, were hell bent on killing that lady, that she had to seek refuge elsewhere. And you claim to be guardian.

Please read Lajja again. Embodiment of the moral depravity.

i maybe wrong mr munsh but i guess it was shown that if was a state of india......,.bd would be the poorest state with the lowest income per capita(i am not into economics,so the words used may be wrong).........no hard feelings.....regards

No that is completely wrong the figures I gave earlier showed that BD has a bigger economy than all other Indian states except Maharashtra. The problem is the Indian government does not release the per capita income figures for individual states probably realizing that most would be lower than Bangladesh.

No that is completely wrong the figures I gave earlier showed that BD has a bigger economy than all other Indian states except Maharashtra. The problem is the Indian government does not release the per capita income figures for individual states probably realizing that most would be lower than Bangladesh.

yeah,we indians are so afraid of bd........for the above information....thank you,next time...if the state govt doesnt realease figures how can you come up to such a conclusion....??

And yet, somehow, you magically got hold of those unpublished figures. :yahoo::yahoo:

I don't think there is anybody on this forum, other than that self claimed communist, who can amuse so many people right to death.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Proportionately Bangladesh is already doing better than India. Only Maharasthra state has a bigger economy. No other Indian state is comparable to Bangladesh. All others are worse off than Bangladesh.

now you are comparing bangladesh to indian states .:what::what:
what are you trying to convey , that bangladesh has got no chance of competing with india taken whole at a time .

look at the other side , even an indian state has better economy than your country :crazy:

and you dont talk of proportionately on economic issues , look at small nations like france , UK , germany etc , they all are giving big countries like india , china , russia etc run for their money .

proportionately can be considered only on matters like poverty ( % of population ) , literacy rate etc .

do some research you will realize that you dont win even in proportionately .

What I am saying is that Indian states would probably do better by seceding from the Union. The overall Indian economic figures hide the true poverty of the nation. A few states are holding up the rest of the country but their is massive disparities within India.

I didn't say I got the unpublished figures I was only able to collect the GDP (OER) figures which clearly shows that only Maharashtra state is ahead of Bangladesh. The Indian government doesn't provide the per capita PPP figures for the individual states. Those remain undisclosed for obvious reasons. It would show that many States of India are dirt poor in comparison to Bangladesh. This is causing deep resentment which has allowed regionalism to grow in India. Each of the regions of India should become independent and decide their own political and economic fates rather than allow New Delhi to decide these policies for them.

I didn't say I got the unpublished figures I was only able to collect the GDP (OER) figures which clearly shows that only Maharashtra state is ahead of Bangladesh. The Indian government doesn't provide the per capita PPP figures for the individual states. Those remain undisclosed for obvious reasons. It would show that many States of India are dirt poor in comparison to Bangladesh. This is causing deep resentment which has allowed regionalism to grow in India. Each of the regions of India should become independent and decide their own political and economic fates rather than allow New Delhi to decide these policies for them.

POVERTY and SOCIAL
India Asia income
Population, mid-year (millions) 1,123.3
GNI per capita (Atlas method, US$) 950 (Rs 48,000)
GNI (Atlas method, US$ billions) 1,069.4 (Rs 51,000 million)

POVERTY and SOCIAL
Bangladesh Asia income
Population, mid-year (millions) 158.6
GNI per capita (Atlas method, US$) 470 (Rs 24,000)
GNI (Atlas method, US$ billions) 75.0 ( Rs 3,700 million)

I think we have discussed this in another forum , MBI but since you persist , a link to Indias state wide GDP/c comparisons!
http://specials.rediff.com/money/2009/mar/31slide14-indias-top-ten-debt-ridden-states.htm

The list is obviously not complete as I am not bothered in doing research for you. However with this list, you can make out who is more dirt poor !

As you can see, majority of states in India , the gdp/c is at least double that of Bangladesh. Furthermore your country is only sustainable because of ready made goods and taxtile exports. With the recession biting , there is no plan B for Bangladesh !

In fact there is no other industry apart from garments. Hence if that industry goes , so will Bangladesh and then to qoute your own words, resentment will grow and each region will decide its own fate and economic fate !

Link to India's GDP/C

What I am saying is that Indian states would probably do better by seceding from the Union. The overall Indian economic figures hide the true poverty of the nation. A few states are holding up the rest of the country but their is massive disparities within India.

india is just india ....... not indian union as it was previously called . seeing according to your logic balochistan would have a better gdp if seperated from pakistan , states in your country when split will also show better result than the country as a whole .....

you have by your posts have only shown that bangladesh cannot compete with india or a larger country as a whole ..... you can compete only with a small portion of any country - which exposes the weakness within and all shows that all your "bangladesh is that!" and "bangladesh is this! "as mere b.s.

no hard feeling other bd members ... i am only implying the inferiority mindset with which munshi compares bd with india .

mbi-you want to compete in a race, compete with a full bodied athelete than saying "i can run faster than his one leg alone"

Also , last time I told you explicitly that do not compare GDP with GDP/C .
The more important indicator is GDP/C . New Zealand's GDP and Bangladesh GDP is similar, but given a choice, I suspect, you will run away to NZ , double quick !!! :lol:

NZ has about 30 times higher gdp/c , which simply means a Kiwi on average will produce 30 times the output of an average Bangladeshi !

You gloating that only Maharashtra has a higher GDP than Bangladesh means absolutely nothing apart from the fact that ordinary Maharashtrans would be embarassed by being mentioned with Bangladeshis in the same sentence :cheesy:

Please do not mention this discussion again in another thread and if possible stop peddling your book as well ! Its not exacly a candidate for the Booker prize !
Cheers :enjoy:

India doesnt release per capita income per state because it fears that Bangladesh's P.C.I would prove higher? Are you joking?

As far as Bangladesh being richer than most Indian states, you are mistaken. Is Bangladesh richer than Punjab? Gujarat? Goa? National Capital Region of Delhi? Kerela? Karnataka? Himachal Pradesh? Do you want me to go on?

Per Capita income in India (PPP) is $2,800. In Bangladesh it is $1,500.

As far as being a bigger economy than any state except Maharashtra, Do you realise that Bangladesh's population is 156 Million? The only state in India that has a bigger population is Uttar Pradesh.

GDP = Per Capita Income multiply by Population.

So obviously the GDP of Bangladesh would be greater than some Indian states.Specially states with population less than 100 million (Hint all Indian states except UP have a population less than 100 million). Having a greater Gross Domestic Product doesnt make a country richer, per capita income does. So no, Bangladesh is not better off than India. Owned?

Having a greater Gross Domestic Product doesnt make a country richer, per capita income does. So no, Bangladesh is not better off than India. Owned?

That is the figure I am looking for but the per capita income stats for individual states not the whole of India. You Indians are really slow or are pretending to be so obtuse that you do not have to accept that Bangladesh is doing a great deal better than many Indian states. On another thread I put up an article showing that India has worse malnutrition than both Pakistan and Bangladesh. India caters for its elites but the vast majority of India are dirt poor. Bangladesh takes care of all its citizens that is why the disparities within the country are far less. As I said earlier it would be better for individual Indian states to secede and make their own political and economic decisions. In what civilized country do 200000 farmers commit suicide? India is a shambles and its pretensions to regional super power status is just that - a pretension.

Let me just understand what you are trying to say, the per capita income of Bangladesh is better off than all states except Maharashtra? Explain to me how that works, considering the average per capita income in India is almost double that of Bangladesh.

Secondly, India caters to the elite but it's vast majority are dirt poor, is that right? Hmm, The Human development Index places Bangladesh in 147th place, While India is placed at 132nd. Neither of these figures are something we should be proud of, however it does disprove your point. Finally poverty levels in Bangladesh is 45%, In India it was 27% during the last census. So again, No, Bangladesh is not better of than India in any conceivable way.

Let me just understand what you are trying to say, the per capita income of Bangladesh is better off than all states except Maharashtra? Explain to me how that works, considering the average per capita income in India is almost double that of Bangladesh.

Not all states but most states. This is possible because of the huge disparities within India. It is only 5 or 6 states of India that account for India's overall economic performance. Also some states have such a minuscule population that their per capita income is magnified even if it has a tiny economy. If this was not the case how does India have worse nutrition statistics than Pakistan and Bangladesh and why do 200 000 farmers commit suicide.

Secondly, India caters to the elite but it's vast majority are dirt poor, is that right? Hmm, The Human development Index places Bangladesh in 147th place, While India is placed at 132nd. Neither of these figures are something we should be proud of, however it does disprove your point. Finally poverty levels in Bangladesh is 45%, In India it was 27% during the last census. So again, No, Bangladesh is not better of than India in any conceivable way.

You do not even see the absurdity of the figures you are presenting. India has an economy 10 times that of Bangladesh but is placed only 15 places above it on the HDI. The last census in Bangladesh was done in 2001 and I have no idea when they were done in India so your comparisons do not make any sense. You could be comparing figures almost a decade apart. My comment on Indian poverty therefore still stands.

Back
Top Bottom