What's new

India to cut Iranian oil purchases in row over gas field

If I had to explain in simple terms, it will be like this.
1. On a person to person relationship basis, most of the Indians have favorable view mostly because of Persian and Iranian origin people in India. Also almost all have some kind of relationship with Shia community here which I believe is supportive of Iranian people mostly. And it is pretty much away from the daily terrorism in Afghanistan, Pakistan and few of Arabian countries. So most of people are having good outlook of Iran as a general thumb rule.
2. On Government to Government basis, both have supported each other during times of need, either known or not known in media circles, and it is not in dollar/gold always. So one would find favorable outlook from south block as well.

On a personal note, my family had always doctor from Shia community(Umar). Since I have understood the world, he was always there when we needed help, even coming to our home. Further our family has deeply believed in Fakir and knowledgeable peoples, so we offer chaddar and other offerings like live chickens at urs/festival(I don't recall the word exactly). Further I have been in company Shia friends mostly(Sunni friends including Kashmiri during collage days only) and they are very much peaceful and co-existing nature, so understanding is much better.

So based on this there are two points, one is people have favorable view of Iran here, so government maintains the friendliness. And second point is we have professionalism in our diplomatic relationship and its not "If you are not with me, then you are against me."
Tagging @SOHEIL and others.

there is not hatred even between people of india and pakistan, its politics b/w governments that creates antagonism.
Gov relationships are based on interests and are not bound by anything else, yesterdays enemy might be your friend today, might again become your enemy in the future..... its not time bound

Very good hardball game by Indian companies.
This strategy has worked very well in previous instances.

Few years back when Iranian ports increased freight rates for crude oil, we did the same thing by cutting purchases of oil; Iranian ports quickly fell in line and reduced the tarriff again.

This is different game now and they will now not come in your blackmail and i see here India the biggest loser. Don't screw them and they are nation of honor, respect Iran and Iranians, otherwise you guys will be in deep shit

Iran is exporting 3 million barrels of crude and gas condensate per day, Indian decrease represents barely 1.5% of that. I doubt its enough to twist Iranian arm, furthermore, its India who is seeking access to Central Asia, and not the other way around.

Indians certainly no longer hold the ace of spade which was the sanctions.

iranian oil is low quality sour heavy crude, we don't need to buy that junk especially from a country as untrustworthy as iran. Throw some sanctions on them and be done with it. Remember we once signed a deal to buy oil for rupees and once the Nuclear Appeasement treaty was signed they reneged on it. That goes to show you how deceitful they are.

nice... I like this...

I hope Chabahar also goes in smoke... gia hind!

Hope the Iranian realize that India is no "friend" of theirs. They should focus on supplying oil/gas to Pakistan.

Down Goes Chabahar!

oil is no more seen as lucrative commodity.....with changing national and international opinions towards using cleaner and renewable source of energy, I don't think oil exporters going to enjoy any influence on oil importers and that gap is just going to widen as we come up with massive and commercially viable source of clean energy...India has enormous potential to fully meet its energy demand through hydro, solar and thorium based nuclear energy...It wont happen in couple of years or decades, but it will happen for sure!

I do agree with analysis... Plus the advent of Shale Oil/gas has debunked the whole Peak Oil theory. There is too much shale oil and lots of countries have it. The supply/demand oil curve is now only about Peak Demand... which will be defined by the renewable/electric etc.

Iran is exporting 3 million barrels of crude and gas condensate per day, Indian decrease represents barely 1.5% of that. I doubt its enough to twist Iranian arm, furthermore, its India who is seeking access to Central Asia, and not the other way around.

Indians certainly no longer hold the ace of spade which was the sanctions.

Oil isn't much of a leverage anymore, considering how cheap oil has become. It's a buyers market. And the Gulf Arabs (as well as all the other oil suppliers) are happy to undercut Iran in order to seize more market share.

Like you said, it's Chabahar that is more important here, India's access point to Central Asia.

And it seems Chabahar is dead in the water anyway. CPEC is pouring steel and cement at a lightning pace, what is happening with Chabahar?

I do agree with analysis... Plus the advent of Shale Oil/gas has debunked the whole Peak Oil theory. There is too much shale oil and lots of countries have it. The supply/demand oil curve is now only about Peak Demand... which will be defined by the renewable/electric etc.

Indeed. China as well has the number #1 largest Shale gas reserves and the #3 largest Shale oil reserves.

Not to mention electric vehicles are becoming much more popular as time goes by, in addition to increasing technological advances in renewable energy. Global demand for oil is growing at a much slower pace than before, and there is plenty of supply.

They should focus on supplying oil/gas to Pakistan.

You're demand is much too minuscule for anyone to pay focus to.

Do finish IP pipeline and watch as the iranis cut off flow when it opens demanding you pay more money for the oil or to offset building costs. iran (under the ayatollah) is not to be trusted.

@SOHEIL
@yavar
@OldTwilight

Now what is going to happen with Chabahar port? Has it already been sold to India?

what do you think going to happen to Chabahar ?? if India does not carry out its side of contract

first it be taken to international court like we have done with countris like Russia and China

second : its contract will be cancelled and will be kick out as we have done to countries like China and Russia

third : the first phase of Chabahar has already finished and for past 6 months ships are docking and export been taking place so the building other cases will continue

And it seems Chabahar is dead in the water anyway.
we remember that and i be holding you accountable to this .
time will tell . dream on

what do you think going to happen to Chabahar ?? if India does not carry out its side of contract

first it be taken to international court like we have done with countris like Russia and China

second : its contract will be cancelled and will be kick out as we have done to countries like China and Russia

third : the first phase of Chabahar has already finished and for past 6 months ships are docking and export been taking place so the building other cases will continue

we remember that and i be holding you accountable to this .
time will tell . dream on

Then tell me, what is happening with Chabahar?

Look at this forum, there is endless news about the massive ongoing construction and huge amounts of steel/cement/machinery pouring into CPEC as we speak.

Now what about Chabahar? India has already signed away their sovereignty to the US military with the LEMOA, and India now imports most of their weapons from the USA. America doesn't even need to ask India to abandon Chabahar, it seems they have done it already.

From India's own media:

Iran: Iran, India trade charges on delay of Chabahar port - Economic Times

Look at this forum, there is endless news about the massive ongoing construction and huge amounts of steel/cement/machinery pouring into CPEC as we speak.

Now what about Chabahar? India has already signed away their sovereignty to the US military with the LEMOA, and India now imports most of their weapons from the USA. America doesn't even need to ask India to abandon Chabahar, it seems they have done it already.

From India's own media:

Iran: Iran, India trade charges on delay of Chabahar port - Economic Times
Refer to post 55. Trade has been pushing to maximum from there.

Oil isn't much of a leverage anymore, considering how cheap oil has become. It's a buyers market. And the Gulf Arabs (as well as all the other oil suppliers) are happy to undercut Iran in order to seize more market share.

Like you said, it's Chabahar that is more important here, India's access point to Central Asia.

And it seems Chabahar is dead in the water anyway. CPEC is pouring steel and cement at a lightning pace, what is happening with Chabahar?

Indeed. China as well has the number #1 largest Shale gas reserves and the #3 largest Shale oil reserves.

Not to mention electric vehicles are becoming much more popular as time goes by, in addition to increasing technological advances in renewable energy. Global demand for oil is growing at a much slower pace than before, and there is plenty of supply.

My point is India is not major buyer where it can exert a leverage. A buyer may have many option on the market, but Iran wont let them dictate the terms as Iran is no longer under sanctions. Because if they what will stop the next guy to squeeze Iran for similar type of concession. Additionally Indian are supposed to work two berths in the port, however Indians haven't made any progress.

The main issue seems to be access to Central Asia through the port.

India is too simple in diplomacy.
In China, even we have the same issue, we always sort out with polite and patience.
If India thinks Pakistan is the main target, she should not make others enemies.
And may I know mate from where are you getting this idea?

India won't develop Chabahar because of American and israelis pressure. I think it is clear.
Rouhani government made hate against us between Pakistanis. That fool didn't know everything won't go well as he wants. He is the worse politician that Iran have had in 200 years.

India will do whatever is in its best interest, irrespective of any kind of "pressure".

i already answered your question ,
the Chabahar the other phases will be built with out India .

the other main policy hed will be The Pivot ,

we will be observing and develop...... , if the U.S as they said they will start it by 2018, this be time which will be played out.

at this moment time the major global policy is the U.S shift from west asia to Asia pacific . not falsy of CPEC, US invested billions of dollar in it project.
that is why you see the U.S is moving out its naval assets from west Asia region and U.S allies like England Turkey Pakistan Islamic NATO +++ are been built or new naval bases been constructed and naval assets been moved in

England Philip Hammond speech NOV 2015 on signing military base in Bahrainسخنرانی فیلیپ هاموند

Islamic NATO and Iran stance by ambassador to Pakistan Mehdi Honardoost ناتو اسلامی

Tillerson & Turkey FM Cavusoglu: U.S,Turkey shared common goal reducing Iran power رکس تیلرسون
Turkey Opens First Mideast Military Base in Qatar ترکیه اولین پایگاه نظامی خود را در قطر اتخاص کرد

as their boss is leaving the ........... moving in

as they say what goes around comes around

Labaik ya The Pivot

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom