What's new

India to be the greatest superpower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Merilion:
China have 300 million below the poverty line?? Please any url link to back up your claim?
And do you know what is the total population of Henan province? It's 99 million at the end of 2008. Henan's 2008 GDP is 274 billion USD.

Please don't anyhow say something you know nothing about it.

NYT: Lives of poverty, untouched by China's economic boom

And as WB claims, poverty has actually tripled in China in the last 3 decades. Noone believes Chinese figures, because they are quite fictitiuos, and we all know how verifiable Chinese statistiscs are. It is evident from the fact that China's Poverty line is half that of India, when its GDP is nearly 3 times!!!..Care to explain me that?

Last edited:
if true then this one -
Why is it that China's poverty line( 667 Yuan annually) is even lower than India's(1020 Yuan annually), especially since their GDPis thrice?

Bcoz their purchasing power is good, a chinese in china will live happily in if he have $1000, but in india, he will be called poor,
bcoz of high inflation and depreciation of exchange rates!

Bcoz their purchasing power is good, a chinese in china will live happily in if he have $1000, but in india, he will be called poor,
bcoz of high inflation and depreciation of exchange rates!

Do you even know what you are talking about? If purchasing power is good that means Chinese can buy more stuff...and they can buy even more in India...and that means the poverty line needs to be higher... not lower...

High inflation? Inflation in India is 0.27%(partially due to slow down)and China has 4%. That hardly matters because the poerty line was set in 2005 when both India and China were growing at 9%. In 2008 China had an inflation rate of 8.7%, India had about 5%. moreover poor in India recieve food via public distribution channels, that provides them food at 50-60% subsidy.. You have no clue what you are talking about.... please keep you crappy economics to yourself..

Last edited:
Do you even know what you are talking about? If purchasing power is good that means Chinese can buy more stuff...and they can buy even more in India...

Yeah their purchasing power is good!
Bcoz there GDP per capitaa is 3 times higher then india!
So they can buy 3 time more stuff in india too!

High inflation? Inflation in India is 0.27%(partially due to slow down)and China has 4%. That hardly matters because the poerty line was set in 2005 when both India and China were growing at 9%. In 2008 China had an inflation rate of 8.7%, India had about 5%. moreover poor in India recieve food via public distribution channels, that provides them food at 50-60% subsidy.. You have no clue what you are talking about.... please keep you crappy economics to yourself..

India's exchange rates are falling but china's exchange rates are appreciating!

Utter nonsense. I dont even feel like arguing with you. First understand the word 'economy'.

:lol: Someone needs a crash course in Economics.

well,

In fact, almost all Chinese tourist who visit India says that " Poverty in India is beyond their imagination" " Poverty in India is completely naked!"

no offend...visit China ,then compare with India, you would believe that anyone that insist "India vs CHina" is bullShit"

This not abt how many people lives below $1.25!

now where is the link for your picture?

and the map i ve given link(http://hdr.undp.org/external/flash/hdi_map/hpi.html to shows more porverty in pakistan than india ...... so do you mean that UN has two totally contradicting reports....where in one pakistan is better off than india(your stuff) and in the other india is better off(mine)

please post a link to what you have posted coz i am finding it hard to find your page on the net....

NYT: Lives of poverty, untouched by China's economic boom

And as WB claims, poverty has actually tripled in China in the last 3 decades. Noone believes Chinese figures, because they are quite fictitiuos, and we all know how verifiable Chinese statistiscs are. It is evident from the fact that China's Poverty line is half that of India, when its GDP is nearly 3 times!!!..Care to explain me that?

ok ok, WB rules...
More people living below poverty line - World Bank
While the developing world has more poor people than previously believed, the World Bank's new chief economist, Justin Lin, said the world was still on target to meet a United Nations goal of halving the number of people in poverty by 2015.

However, excluding China from overall calculations, the world fails to meet the U.N. poverty targets, Lin said.
In East Asia, which includes China, the poverty rate fell to 18 percent in 2005 from almost 80 percent in 1981, when it was the poorest region. In China, the number of people in poverty fell to 207 million from 835 million in 1981.

World Bank paints a bleak picture of India on poverty issue
According to the World Bank's poverty forecast, China had 60.2 per cent of its population living on less than USD 1.25 a day in 1990, compared to India's 51.3 per cent.

However, 15 years later in 2005, China had 15.9 per cent of its population living in extreme poverty as compared to India's 41.6 per cent living on less than USD 1.25 a day, the international poverty line.

"Much of decline in global poverty between 1990 and 2005 results from increased incomes in China, where the level of extreme poverty fell from over 60 per cent in 1990 to less than 16 per cent in 2005," the report said

===========================================

You don't have to believe Chinese gov figures, you don't have to believe WB's data, you just need to get on a plane to go to Henan(yes Henan, not necessnary Shanghai, Beijing etc first tier cities) to take a look by your own eyes. Then come back here to let all of us know what's your conclusion.

now where is the link for your picture?

and the map i ve given link(http://hdr.undp.org/external/flash/hdi_map/hpi.html to shows more porverty in pakistan than india ...... so do you mean that UN has two totally contradicting reports....where in one pakistan is better off than india(your stuff) and in the other india is better off(mine)

please post a link to what you have posted coz i am finding it hard to find your page on the net....

Obviously someone (I wonder who:whistle:) has edited the map. As i said before, nothing more than BS.

^ hey no one here is eating rats till now ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom