What's new

India to be the greatest superpower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Map of world poverty by country, showing percentage of population living on less than $1.25 per day. Based on 2008 UN Human Development Report.

c7a9b969c2342ff2a40430d4fa853454.png

Who's more poor??

Pakistan's poor population according to the map is between 6-20%, i call BS.

Stop watch bollywood movies .Indians lost touch from reality.

India fits in Africa, india have dozens of billionaires and have strong companies, bu their local population is still poor, which shows improper distributoin of money, china's per capita income is 3 time higher then the india's per capitaa income, but they still dont have billionaires, which shows proper distributon of money! India's per capita is higher then the pakistan's per capitaa, but pakistan dont have billionaires, which shows some better distribution of money!

Then why does China have 300 million below the poverty line? And why is that 100 million of them belong to just one province called Henan? Why is it that China's poverty line( 667 Yuan annually) is even lower than India's(1020 Yuan annually), especially since their GDPis thrice? If US is a superpower, then why does it have the highest poverty rate amongst all developed country?

Dont bring your anti-India bravado into everything and superpose the facts. This nonsense of yours, might earn some browy points in Pakistan, but they will be BS-ed in India.

Ofcourse poverty is an issue, but development is the key of removal. A high growth rate, a good versatile economy are pre-requisites. And it all comes when we aim for a superpower status. I know it will wrench you to the core to see Indian outshine. And while you keep at it, we end up brnging poverty down from 74% to 24.3%. in 50 years, and we move from a receding economy in 1947 to the world's second fastest within 50 years.

I dont have even a miniscule of doubt that we will be a super-power within the next 40-50 years. It will take time to get rid of social evils, but I have all the patience and patience.

Last edited:
I cant belive this; This thread is still active and more importantly you guys have wasted 5 pages?

Haha!! :smoking:

[URL="http://hdr.undp.org/external/flash/hdi_map/hpi.html"]QUOTE=Hasnain2009;373657]Map of world poverty by country, showing percentage of population living on less than $1.25 per day. Based on 2008 UN Human Development Report.

c7a9b969c2342ff2a40430d4fa853454.png

Who's more poor??[/QUOTE
]

oh yeah ....please check this link , it ll show where pak stands

Human Poverty Index (HPI) - Human Development Reports

I cant belive this; This thread is still active and more importantly you guys have wasted 5 pages?

Haha!! :smoking:

my dear senior member.

if u read the first post u will see why the thread is active

You know.. Its unbelievable the parallels I see to this and other threads.Tit of Tat and then the quality goes down.. Pathetic.
As for the superpower transition.. it may not be a complete superpower unless the remaining poor are brought into the strong middle class. This may require the end of any remaining Village systems and their associated caste bias. This may seem anti Hindu but to me the caste system is the last remaining shackle for India's population. Although largely eliminated, its existence in Village systems and in some more orthodox Families is a hindrance for the general population. 2ndly.. You have two further issues. What to do with the Muslim, he is largely disconnected due to the Initial Isolation which can be attributed to Partition and Pakistan.The two nation theory may have been ditched by the Indian Muslim but not so by the Indian Orthodox Hindu's and the parties they represent(Varun Gandhi anyone??). Once you can convince the Muslim that he is truly a part of the Indian population an that means ditching the usual bollywood storyline of Hindu guy marries Muslim girl and girl becomes Hindu as it does(I bear testimony from my relatives in Lucknow) tend to irk the Muslim population about the intention of their fellow countrymen with whom they so eagerly want to stand shoulder to shoulder. This must be combined with a general uplift of the Muslim population areas, take the Muslim out of the slums and make him a millionaire :P.. sorry for that one.. but seriously. It saddened me during my last trip that most of the Muslims in the area of Lucknow have not progressed as much as their relatives in Pakistan. In fact they have been reduced in stature. while I dont expect to see BMW's driving along those streets one should alleviate a percentage of the Muslims from the status of taxi drivers and slum dwellers to a more marginalized lower middle class standard.
To assume that scientific and military progress is the only measure of a superpower is sheer folly and the soviet union is a standing example. To Truly become a superpower diversity must be respected and people of all ethnicity and religions accommodated with fairness. A task that may be accomplished easily if only a few parties in India like the BJP & Congress ditch their more radical allies.

You know.. Its unbelievable the parallels I see to this and other threads.Tit of Tat and then the quality goes down.. Pathetic.
As for the superpower transition.. it may not be a complete superpower unless the remaining poor are brought into the strong middle class. This may require the end of any remaining Village systems and their associated caste bias. This may seem anti Hindu but to me the caste system is the last remaining shackle for India's population. Although largely eliminated, its existence in Village systems and in some more orthodox Families is a hindrance for the general population. 2ndly.. You have two further issues. What to do with the Muslim, he is largely disconnected due to the Initial Isolation which can be attributed to Partition and Pakistan.The two nation theory may have been ditched by the Indian Muslim but not so by the Indian Orthodox Hindu's and the parties they represent(Varun Gandhi anyone??). Once you can convince the Muslim that he is truly a part of the Indian population an that means ditching the usual bollywood storyline of Hindu guy marries Muslim girl and girl becomes Hindu as it does(I bear testimony from my relatives in Lucknow) tend to irk the Muslim population about the intention of their fellow countrymen with whom they so eagerly want to stand shoulder to shoulder. This must be combined with a general uplift of the Muslim population areas, take the Muslim out of the slums and make him a millionaire :P.. sorry for that one.. but seriously. It saddened me during my last trip that most of the Muslims in the area of Lucknow have not progressed as much as their relatives in Pakistan. In fact they have been reduced in stature. while I dont expect to see BMW's driving along those streets one should alleviate a percentage of the Muslims from the status of taxi drivers and slum dwellers to a more marginalized lower middle class standard.
To assume that scientific and military progress is the only measure of a superpower is sheer folly and the soviet union is a standing example. To Truly become a superpower diversity must be respected and people of all ethnicity and religions accommodated with fairness. A task that may be accomplished easily if only a few parties in India like the BJP & Congress ditch their more radical allies.

nice view but many mistakes

1.Most hindus are against the ancient caste system (at least the ones i know are)

2.Varun Gandhis are not common in india. Did u know he was jailed under the NSA which even got him sympathy from the indian muslims?

3. Dont base ur views on what u saw in lucknow. It is a low developing city.

I think majority of muslims are happy in india. at least thats what they say:

Response To A Pakistani View Of Indian Muslims | Indian Muslims

Last edited by a moderator:
nice view but many mistakes

1.Most hindus are against the ancient caste system (at least the ones i know are)

2.Varun Gandhis are not common in india. Did u know he was jailed under the NSA which even got him sympathy from the indian muslims?

3. Dont base ur views on what u saw in lucknow. It is a low developing city.

I think majority of muslims are happy in india. at least thats what they say:

Response To A Pakistani View Of Indian Muslims | Indian Muslims

TuzDYEzRTBg[/media] - WHY DR. ZAKIR NAIK IS PROUD OF HIS COUNTRY INDIA?

Dr. Naik has to say this otherwise he knows the consequences of telling the truth in India about India.

That is not what i have heard from Indian Muslims who migrated to Canada. they tell me the oposite and the my question is? what is their educational, financial and business standing as compare to their numbers in India, and their representation in GOI and political parties.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont just base my claims on lucknow.. but on testament of people in dehli as well.
While you are correct in what Muslims say they do grumble internally.
And while the current generation of Hindus may be IGNORING the caste system. The radicals do tend to enforce it especially in the rural areas(if you understood this part properly). And my view is not based on swades or Anwar.. its based on what I saw, In dehli, In lucknow and what I heard from my relatives. Possible that maybe only my family members are under represented. But I only state out of which I heard. In fact.. Arundhati Roy on her last visit here also spoke as t how the village caste system is keeping integration down. So while the urban Indian may be breaking free of the system.. His village counterpart is not. Muslims are still achoot in those areas for sharing food with and are kept out of certain jobs.
The caste system has to be weeded out of the system entirely by government law. There may be an outcry amongst radicals. But i presume by your view that the general young Indian will accept it

Then why does China have 300 million below the poverty line? And why is that 100 million of them belong to just one province called Henan? Why is it that China's poverty line( 667 Yuan annually) is even lower than India's(1020 Yuan annually), especially since their GDPis thrice? If US is a superpower, then why does it have the highest poverty rate amongst all developed country?
China have 300 million below the poverty line?? Please any url link to back up your claim?
And do you know what is the total population of Henan province? It's 99 million at the end of 2008. Henan's 2008 GDP is 274 billion USD.

Please don't anyhow say something you know nothing about it.

China have 300 million below the poverty line?? Please any url link to back up your claim?
And do you know what is the total population of Henan province? It's 99 million at the end of 2008. Henan's 2008 GDP is 274 billion USD.

Please don't anyhow say something you know nothing about it.

Any question left??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom