What's new

India to arm Afghan Army to take on Pak after Torkham incident?

No matter what type of ammo is provided to Afghan Army they are bunch of northern alliance thugs not there for honor of their country or religion. They are just there to get dollars and other stuff. On the other PA is filled with love for country and religion.

If Afgh Army provided heavy ammo then next border skirmish may end in limited war and capture of some Afgh Territory. On the other hand Taliban are ever ready to take control of Kabul.

First equip and pay your own army. Poor soldiers have the highest suicide rate in the world.

Anyways all of it will be sold in junkyards of Peshawar and Darra Adam khel.

Really ??
What do you know about the pay scale of Indian Armed Forces ?
Then what about the same in PA?
If you can reply honestly to these two doubts .Then we can say you are soooo serious .

do you think 5 Indians consulates in a small war torn country and millions of dollars of investment in making dams and other infrastructure is just on humanitarian basis I mean there many African countries even more deserving than Afghanistan but India does not show even 10% of the interest and India does not even share a single border with Afghanistan. That's not how baniyas do business sir...they look for their interests and profits. Though I'm pretty sure that no amount of investment on ANA can make it strong enough even to take care of its boundaries and a credible force against Talibans. ANA is an undisciplined, unorganised force with no professionalism and traditions. It is more like a junta of weed smoking part time criminals unlike IA or PA.

First, India has 4 Consulates (not 5 ) and 1 Embassy in Afghanistan.

The four consulates are in herat, kandahar, Jalalabad and Mazar-e-sharif. Guess what, Pakistan too has 4 consulates and an Embassy in Afganistan, followed by 3 Iranian Consulates and 1 Iranian Embassy....

I am quite amused. I am not sure on what basis you call our NSA , a terrorists and I take offence to it. A reason we show more affection towards Afghanistan than some African countries are cos Afghans are in our backyard. Why should I have 5 consulates in some distant nation? However you might try, there is no way, Afghanistan can separate away its historical ties from India.

NSA seldom rank their opinion in public. There was 5 consulates there even before he was NSA. For the record, atleast he is not a loose talk like ur NSA. He operates in shadows, does not like limelight, like a true professional unlike ur camera loving interview fond NSA.

And I would like to see the report from IA tabled in Parliament, does the training imparted to ANA has seen any effective gain on the field or no. After getting all training, this is unacceptable. Will Power is more important than modern geared weapons. Perhaps they got swayed by the US Army gadgets. An normal Indian Army Jawan hardly has anything except 3 catridges and a rifle. Many dont even have bulletproof Jackets.

Well .He is a professional product of our NPA and intelligence agencies .He will always work in shadow .

And that old man from Pak was a charterd accountant if I am not wrong .

If americans couldn't do it with billions of dollars, a baniya cannot do it in a 1000 years
do what?

Equipped? Yes. Trained? Oh God no.

If India uses Afghanistan as a proxy, that will be a good thing. They will be much easier to crush in a conflict than India, so that's a benefit for us, and this would mean India doesn't have to get directly involved and risk nuclear war, it's a win win situation.

essential Pakistani logic. if somebody shoots at you you think it is great because the shooter is out a bullet.
if he doesn't shoot at you you think it is great because your making a dragon face must have scare him off

Once the Chabahar beltway opens up, it can supply large numbers of T-54/T-55 tanks and 105 mm field guns lying in our depot stocks and salvage yards,” Gen. Bakhshi added.
It would be a good real life target practice for PAA. PA will end up saving money on building fake targets.

Gen Bakshi is a learned man and regarded as security analyst. However, I do not know in what notion he said that but doing this overtly or covertly will have huge impact on regions security apparatus and stability. India, will not do anything like that and rather it will be difficult to even answer International Audience and stakeholders involved in peace process involving Afghanistann and Pakistan.

He is neither.

What if we supply heavy weaponry?What about those four helis ?
they are big ticket items. some or all of them will be snatched by warlords like Gen Dostom (who has a travel ban to USA).
they might be looked after well and used in their civil wars

they are big ticket items. some or all of them will be snatched by warlords like Gen Dostom (who has a travel ban to USA).

or their fate will be the same as the one below and I'm not sure but I think this was one of the four that was supplied to the North Alliance by India..

Last edited:
or their fate will be the same as the one below and I'm not sure but I think this was one of the four that was supplied to the North Alliance by India..

So the helipad was right next to the base guard post. Which means Base commander expected soldier to be awake and keep watch at helipad. Now what happened, Afghan soldier smoked hashish as usual and went to sleep in his post. Talib came, dig a hole, placed IED and went back and waited for the Helo to arrive. Now you guys can sense how F'ed Afghan Army is..

Only if there is a 'civil war'.Right?
India will only gives such big ticket items .We know small weapons would ended up in wrong hands .

So the helipad was right next to the base guard post. Which means Base commander expected soldier to be awake and keep watch at helipad. Now what happened, Afghan soldier smoked hashish as usual and went to sleep in his post. Talib came, dig a hole, placed IED and went back and waited for the Helo to arrive. Now you guys can sense how F'ed Afghan Army is..

They actually captured alot of prisoners after this, the video is cut, edited and not complete.

Your video link mentioned that heli was a Mi 17.
AFAIK the type we supplied to Afghanistan was Mi 25.4 of them.

Your video link mentioned that heli was a Mi 17.
AFAIK the type we supplied to Afghanistan was Mi 25.4 of them.

The video was re-uploaded by some random guy so I don't think the videos title is credible.

The video was re-uploaded by some random guy so I don't think the videos title is credible.

So far no one mentioned about the loss in India .Had it been that one we gifted to them it would have been 'exclusive' for our motor media .
So I dont think so.

Back
Top Bottom