What's new

India to arm Afghan Army to take on Pak after Torkham incident?

The Afghans already have a lot of american equipment which is not helping them whatsoever so indian military equipment which is far far inferior to american military hardware is not going to change that at all. This news is sensationalism at it's worst. The only thing Pakistan needs to do as far as the Afghan problem is concerned is to heavily seal the border and halt all movement to and fro.
The equipment will be given to a minority group i.e Northern Alliance, which will use it against Pashtuns and Hazara most likely thus resulting in more in fighting than fighting Pakistan

We will stop supporting militants in Kashmir when you stop supporting militants in Baluchistan and KPK, and you give Kashmir a referendum. Do that, then we will no longer support militancy within India.

Ask your seniors. There was never any support for Baluchistan and KPK dissidents, and even today, only some idiots in Pakistan seriously claim that. There was support for Kashmiri militants from 1989 onwards. As for a referendum in Kashmir, go and read up why it did not take place in the first instance.

Come to these topics with some understanding and background.

The equipment will be given to a minority group i.e Northern Alliance, which will use it against Pashtuns and Hazara most likely thus resulting in more in fighting than fighting Pakistan

This.....The Afghans will more than likely use ANY military equipment at their disposal against each other rather than against Pakistan. History has shown this to be true.

you are going to give them T90 as well on top of T72.:cheesy:.

Yes, but they will be expected to put both on the level ground before starting any engines.

This.....The Afghans will more than likely use ANY military equipment at their disposal against each other rather than against Pakistan. History has shown this to be true.

We don't distinguish between the two.

hey its yours to give.:enjoy:

First, I think it's a sick idea. We are not merchants of death. Only a few confused idiots like Ajit Doval and his even more confused political bosses think that arming the Afghans can contribute to a successful conclusion in any way.

Second, I think that we should go all out to help build Afghan infrastructure. We should help with the basics:
  1. Roti - agricultural extension;
  2. Kapda - expansion of textile processing, and garment manufacturing;
  3. Makan - expansion of housing construction, but with appropriate housing technology, not high rise buildings.
In addition, we should help with infrastructure:
  1. Roads - all over, the more the better;
  2. Railway lines - initially in the north and the west;
  3. Telecommunications - broad band in the north and the west;
  4. Power supply, through solar energy and alternative energy other than fossil fuels;
  5. Education, primary, secondary, tertiary, at each stage accommodating the best of that stage in our own institutions above that, from primary to our secondary, from secondary to our tertiary;
I don't see what else we should be doing in there. Those who want to exploit the country might think of other objects.

I think everyone here (including indians) know full well that any military equipment given to the Afghans by anyone will ultimately more likely be used against themselves than against Pakistan. If the americans can't stop them from doing so then no one can.

If there's 1 thing an Afghan hates more than anything else, it's another Afghan from a different ethnic group. They hate each other more than they hate Pakistanis or any other nationality.

There is no point in rebuilding the infrastructure in Afghanistan because they'll only end up destroying it again at some point. Sooner rather than later. The americans and the Soviets before them came to the same conclusion.

Any bomb blast around the world the suspect is Pakistani? What the actual f*ck are you talking about? Are you that thick? The usual suspects are Arabs, do you even watch the news? When it comes to where they went to get radicalised, the suspect is usually Syria. If you think it's Pakistan, you are either lying and you know it, or you don't watch the news at all.

If you want respect from us, give Kashmir it's freedom. Don't blame us when the people there rise up and butcher you occupiers.

when you make an *** of yourself this broadly it is fated that you get slaughtered for such nonsense so quickly. Yeah Saudi Arabia, your patron savior, has today declared that 12 of 19 arrested in the latest bomb blast are also Pakistanis. So yeah, whenever there is a bomb blast anywhere in the world, the firsts suspicion always falls on Pakistan!

when you make an *** of yourself this broadly it is fated that you get slaughtered for such nonsense so quickly. Yeah Saudi Arabia, your patron savior, has today declared that 12 of 19 arrested in the latest bomb blast are also Pakistanis. So yeah, whenever there is a bomb blast anywhere in the world, the firsts suspicion always falls on Pakistan!

First of all, provide a source.

Secondly that's just one example you retard.

Ask your seniors. There was never any support for Baluchistan and KPK dissidents, and even today, only some idiots in Pakistan seriously claim that. There was support for Kashmiri militants from 1989 onwards. As for a referendum in Kashmir, go and read up why it did not take place in the first instance.

Come to these topics with some understanding and background.

Doesn't even know India funds Pakistani terrorists and tells me to get some understanding, what a joke.

you are nothing but a residual moron to call others names ...are you blind? open a newspaper and read dummy and you will see they arrrested 19 in KSA of which 12 are your glorious countrymen. anyway I am done with you for your insolence.

Doesn't even know India funds Pakistani terrorists and tells me to get some understanding, what a joke.

It is noticeable that you yourself have little or nothing to contribute, other than the usual Internet gossip. For your information, nobody has any proof or even any firm suspicion about India funding Pakistani terrorists, this is just a talking point that very young Pakistanis who have access to the Internet like to cite. Citing it numerous times doesn't make it right, or authentic. And since nobody has any idea of your background, we are unable to defer to your expert opinion. Or even to your opinion. At the moment, you are an anonymous opinion, making loud noises when contradicted. Nothing more. Unlike me.

First, I think it's a sick idea. We are not merchants of death. Only a few confused idiots like Ajit Doval and his even more confused political bosses think that arming the Afghans can contribute to a successful conclusion in any way.

Second, I think that we should go all out to help build Afghan infrastructure. We should help with the basics:
  1. Roti - agricultural extension;
  2. Kapda - expansion of textile processing, and garment manufacturing;
  3. Makan - expansion of housing construction, but with appropriate housing technology, not high rise buildings.
In addition, we should help with infrastructure:
  1. Roads - all over, the more the better;
  2. Railway lines - initially in the north and the west;
  3. Telecommunications - broad band in the north and the west;
  4. Power supply, through solar energy and alternative energy other than fossil fuels;
  5. Education, primary, secondary, tertiary, at each stage accommodating the best of that stage in our own institutions above that, from primary to our secondary, from secondary to our tertiary;
I don't see what else we should be doing in there. Those who want to exploit the country might think of other objects.

Joe, I see no downside to arming the Afghans and taking over the mentorship role recently vacated by the Americans.

A stable Afghanistan, with Indian minds behind Afghan fingers on Indian triggers is the answer to de-pressuring Kashmir.

Joe, I see no downside to arming the Afghans and taking over the mentorship role recently vacated by the Americans.

A stable Afghanistan, with Indian minds behind Afghan fingers on Indian triggers is the answer to de-pressuring Kashmir.

Too much trouble and not enough gained.

Back
Top Bottom