What's new

India speeds up efforts to make full use of Indus River

Could any expert throw some light on these queries :wave:

1. IS the Dam that is being built by China on Bhramputra river is legal under International Laws ?

2. Does this Dam divert any water into China that is presently flowing into India and Bangladesh ?

3. Is it technically possible for India to divert the flow of water of the rivers allotted to Pakistan to India ?
1. There is no water sharing treaty between India and China with regards to Brahmaputra. So I suppose its not illegal. China has similar dispute with other countries also. You cant expect anything better from that country.

2. No its a run of the river the project and does not divert any water. However the flow may be impacted in dry seasons when the dam is filled.

3. There are 38 dams planned across Chenab, but no diversion of water. The diversion of Indus water to plains is impossible because of the terrain.

Even if the treaty is not abrogated, in all the western rivers, large run of the river dams will be constructed which in combination will have the capacity to block the water. I believe due to the terrain and the mountains, the western rivers have immense hydro power potential and it all depends upon India to carry out construction of such large dams in such difficult terrain. The flow of water in Pakistan is bound to reduce but it may take 2 decades for a significant impact.

Time for China to block Brahamputra river.`

Infact , it has already begin the process.

Last edited:
Brace yourself. Thread is gonna be next nuclear war (in words) and counting war heads. And of course China blocking Brahmaputra river and entire Indians die of thirst. As if the master obeys the slave.

You call yourself a Think Tank/Professional?? :haha::haha:

How on earth do you block the Ganges? Invade Uttarakhand and capture the Gangotri glacier...

Read up Sir. Read up.

Pakistan may have to invade Northern India.

Not because Pakistan wants to but because it may have no other choice.

Wait for the next round of battle that will be fought on Water which will destroy India.

It is a fait accompli.

Pakistan may have to invade Northern India.

Not because Pakistan wants to but because it may have no other choice.

Wait for the next round of battle that will be fought on Water which will destroy India.

You and what army sir ? :D

Brace yourself. Thread is gonna be next nuclear war (in words) and counting war heads. And of course China blocking Brahmaputra river and entire Indians die of thirst. As if the master obeys the slave.

Fools paradise mate .. this is the level of education and real politiks over there .. Naukri chakri kardna nahi hai, bus ek hi rat .. India ko fatah karni hai .. baaki jai bhad main .. Arey China aakey roti khilaiga kya?

Arey baccho ko sahi padha likha lo pehley .. phir banatey rehna "bum"

Last edited:
You and what army sir ? :D

Same Army that has been giving your pathetic Indian Army nightmares over the border.

It takes more than just equipment to fight a battle.

Pakistan Army is itching to settle the score, just give us an excuse.

Same Army that has been giving your pathetic Indian Army nightmares over the border.

It takes more than just equipment to fight a battle.

Pakistan Army is itching to settle the score, just give us an excuse.

Karo phir settle scores .. aur kya .. :rolleyes:

4 times, you never learn:disagree:.

How many times is immaterial.

Let me teach you a chapter out of Indian history. It took Zaheeruddin Babur 7 times to finally conquer India.

Eventually we will prevail and " phir tera kya bunayga, Kalia".....:cheesy:

I think they watch Game of thrones. :lol:

Seriously, They behave like war is a stroll in the park .. .. Buggers routine looks something like --

Brush bath and loo -- check
Jogging -- check
Breakfast -- check
Invade India and Capture Delhi -- check
Come back to Lahore for quality time with missus -- check

Next day --

Rinse and repeat ..

It aint a joke kids .. Grow up.. you are talking about nuclear armageddon for ****ks sake

Let me teach you a chapter out of Indian history. It took Zaheeruddin Babur 7 times to finally conquer India.

Not banega. The classic line is Tera kya hoga Kaalia.

Its bad enough that you lose every war to India and still act like cyber studs. But disrespecting a legend like Sholay is really crossing the line.

And you are a Professional. Can you tell me what your Army is waiting for?? Why has it given up fighting and prefers to outsource it to Jihadi civilians instead? I'd really like to know when your army is going to say enough, now I HAVE to fight back.

Babur would have been Sheesh Ka"babur"ed had it been this time and age mate .. and no muslim or hindu progeny for that matter in the sub-continent for the next millennia

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom