What's new

India says 1,000 dead in Maoist violence this year

Areesh

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
NEW DELHI: Almost 1,000 people including civilians have been killed in the first 10 months of 2010 in violence linked to a raging Maoist insurgency in India, the government said Tuesday.

At least 577 civilians, 260 policemen and troopers and 137 suspected Maoist rebels died between January and October, Junior Home Minister Ajay Maken told parliament's lower house.

The highest civilian casualties were reported from Marxist-ruled West Bengal state, he added.

The insurgency-riven state of Chhattisgarh accounted for the most casualties among security force personnel with 163 deaths, he said in a statement.

Authorities launched a major offensive last year to tackle the insurgency, which has spread to 15 of India's 20 states and is described by Premier Manmohan Singh as the biggest internal security threat facing the country.

The movement which began in 1967 feeds off land disputes, police brutality and corruption and is strongest in the poorest and most deprived areas of India, many of which are rich in natural resources.

Maken said New Delhi had launched 69 separate welfare programmes in 35 insurgency-hit districts to try and wean away people from enlisting with the leftwing guerrillas.

India says 1,000 dead in Maoist violence this year

577 civilians..? :angry:

Good those scumbags are being taken care of adequately now.

Disgusting.. :angry:

These A-Holes are no better than the taliban.

Chhattisgarh is the concern for me,higher chances people there might sympathize for Maoists.

The Indians and their media was too much busy with Obama that it has failed to mention that 17 Indians were killed by maoists in one day when Obama was having dinner there

The Indians and their media was too much busy with Obama that it has failed to mention that 17 Indians were killed by maoists in one day when Obama was having dinner there

It was reported in all the media's.. Its just that you didnt notice it. Newspapers were nt full of Obama pictures, it reports each and every news.. They found the presidential visit more appealing so it grabbed the headlines, nothing more.

It was not the Maoists madam...It was the Bodo terrorists,.

It was mentioned. I read it in TOI. Not on the cover pages of course where Obama and his entourage got prime coverage.

If you ask me. The Indian media does a typical what we call a "bhed chaal" in Punjabi everytime an issue crops up. They all follow each other. I was amazed at the overwhleming coverage the Obamas got. From Obama biographies to discussion panels, everybody was on about him. And even the usually saner English new media was gaga about him. And to think of it, Obama's visit meant far less than Bush's 3 years ago.

It was reported in all the media's.. Its just that you didnt notice it. Newspapers were nt full of Obama pictures, it reports each and every news.. They found the presidential visit more appealing so it grabbed the headlines, nothing more.

Dear you need to check it was an insignificant news in all those papers.

Dear you need to check it was an insignificant news in all those papers.

It was reported as it is in papers.. it was not posted under insignificant news.. its just that the Obama news covered the frontpages... understand it..

It was mentioned. I read it in TOI. Not on the cover pages of course where Obama and his entourage got prime coverage.

If you ask me. The Indian media does a typical what we call a "bhed chaal" in Punjabi everytime an issue crops up. They all follow each other. I was amazed at the overwhleming coverage the Obamas got. From Obama biographies to discussion panels, everybody was on about him. And even the usually saner English new media was gaga about him. And to think of it, Obama's visit meant far less than Bush's 3 years ago.

:) yeah i do understand your media.

Very right. The trend here is adopted by Geo network again a groupie of ToI lolz

its irritating to see Obama going to bed, going to room, going to toilet.

We got this silly irritating broadcast during Shoaib Sania marriage and it was so shyty

news channels should report news but they making news.......

:) yeah i do understand your media.

Very right. The trend here is adopted by Geo network again a groupie of ToI lolz

its irritating to see Obama going to bed, going to room, going to toilet.

We got this silly irritating broadcast during Shoaib Sania marriage and it was so shyty

It is expected , when the premier of the worlds strongest nation visits the nation. He was not on holiday here, the visit was a state visit and has benefitted us as a nation much. So medias and people were much interested in those news.

Media has given these much coverage when Musharaff visited here, they covered him visiting his home in delhi and posing infront of tajmahal has made it to front pages..

Its just that you are not able to digest the truth. :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom