What's new

India provides enough wheat to Afghanistan

Rest of the 500K tons should also be dispatched to Afghanistan in batches as soon as possible.

You don't have to waste your time, please provide sources or else stop your story telling.

1971 in Afghanistan (Wikipedia)
  • The (Afghan) government takes the unprecedented step of launching a worldwide appeal for food after the most serious drought in the country's history.
  • The economic life of the country is severely affected; it is feared that almost three-quarters of the nation's sheep, the main meat staple, might have perished.
  • Large numbers of people cross into Pakistan and Iran in search of food. The response, especially from Pakistan and Iran, is generous.
  • The government undertakes a massive campaign of relief operations to deal with the emergency, but is hampered by the traditionally independent attitude of remote outlying areas.

1972 in Afghanistan (Wikipedia)
  • The year 1972 brings little relief, and the flow of people into Pakistan and Iran in quest of food continues. Both these countries again respond generously to the (Afghan) government's appeal for external assistance, and later in the year UN agencies give substantial help.
  • Even so, by the fall the situation in some provinces, particularly Ghor, becomes desperate. Some 50,000-100,000 people, many of them women and children, face starvation.
  • It is estimated that approximately 80,000 people have died of starvation before supplies could reach them.

After all the generosity Pakistan showed during the drought, Daud Khan, who took over the reigns of Afghanistan in 1972, would turn around and restart the funding of secessionist movements in Pakistan by 1973. Best bro ever! :enjoy:

Last edited:
@A-Team
For decades, Pakistan has been providing wheat but I haven't seen a single thread like this from any Afghanistani.

Yesterday I was hearing Habib Wardak, I don't know what post he held in Kabul. He was saying Pakistani govt didn't treat Afghan refugees as human and it didn't want them there in Pakistan.

If they were not treated as human how could they own businesses of millions from Peshawar to Karachi ? Have they tried doing such open business in Iran, while remaining refugee ?
Also, now give a try doing business in India and live there as refugee. Hope Habib Waradak's big mouth would be wide open after hearing reply of bania in India.

How could they even enter Pakistan, if Pakistan govt didn't want them ?

Hope Indian govt likes and loves these refugees. Why don't they just allow Afghanistani refugees in Pakistan to enter India and then let them live as citizens of their own while doing business along side ?

I think Afghans have appreciated whatever good Pakistan has done in various areas, for example not restricting Afghans children to pursue education in Pakistan, be it private or government schools. If you have not heard any appreciation from Afghans, then let me appreciate it on their behalf here. :)

Now why some of this good actions fail to find a soft spot in the Afghan side, is frankly simple, because all these fail in comparison to the Talis that are responsible for the carnage on the Afghan side. The common Afghan is saying that we don't want your wheat just let us be and stop supporting Talis.

here is a simple example, if I buy you a nice cold ice cream when the temperature is hitting 40s and then I pay some other rascals to ambush you while you are eating the ice-cream, so which one will you remember the effort of me buying an ice-cream or me buying someone behind you back to ambush you ? :D

here is what sartaj aziz was blabbering sometime ago.

• The (Afghan) government takes the unprecedented step of launching a worldwide appeal for food after the most serious drought in the country's history.
  • The economic life of the country is severely affected; it is feared that almost three-quarters of the nation's sheep, the main meat staple, might have perished.
  • Large numbers of people cross into Pakistan and Iran in search of food. The response, especially from Pakistan and Iran, is generous.
  • The government undertakes a massive campaign of relief operations to deal with the emergency, but is hampered by the traditionally independent attitude of remote outlying areas.

• The year 1972 brings little relief, and the flow of people into Pakistan and Iran in quest of food continues. Both these countries again respond generously to the (Afghan) government's appeal for external assistance, and later in the year UN agencies give substantial help.
  • Even so, by the fall the situation in some provinces, particularly Ghor, becomes desperate. Some 50,000-100,000 people, many of them women and children, face starvation.
  • It is estimated that approximately 80,000 people have died of starvation before supplies could reach them.

After all the generosity Pakistan showed during the drought, Daud Khan, who took over the reigns of Afghanistan in 1972, would turn around and restart the funding of secessionist movements in Pakistan by 1973. Best bro ever! :enjoy:

Ok the same evil Afghans in 1973 could have attacked you while you were involved in war with India.
India was begging us to ambush you from the Afghan side, and be done with Pakistan once and for all but Afghans did not.

Nothing in that text regarding Pakistan's donation of wheat to Afghanistan. WFP and other international organizations have always provided food support for drought hit areas of Afghanistan.

The longest drought in modern history of Afghanistan was in Taliban's regime, do you have anything about that?

You have just seen response of your fellow country man above. Now even people who had once very soft hearts for Afghanistanis are tired of this behavior now.

We are 80 houses in my village under single tribe umbrella. When the first refugee family came, every house donated one tree to them, just to start their business. Elders established then a rule that every coming family in the village would get a fully grown tree from local house, if not, then the that house would pay equal some of money so that refugee family can start it's own business.

Now if one of the family member stands up and starts abusing my country. What can I feel for him ?

I, once a supporter with open arms for these people now feel that Pakistan should close the border at all levels. Pull all facilities. Put there regulations of any other international border. Let them enjoy chabahar and India.

Now a new civil war at horizon. Hope, and must I be assuming false. But if something happens now, even my village would not open arms for Afghanistanis.
Taliban were and are among these refugees. No refugees and no Taliban in coming seasons of war.

I think Afghans have appreciated whatever good Pakistan has done in various areas, for example not restricting Afghans children to pursue education in Pakistan, be it private or government schools. If you have not heard any appreciation from Afghans, then let me appreciate it on their behalf here. :)

Now why some of this good actions fail to find a soft spot in the Afghan side, is frankly simple, because all these fail in comparison to the Talis that are responsible for the carnage on the Afghan side. The common Afghan is saying that we don't want your wheat just let us be and stop supporting Talis.

here is a simple example, if I buy you a nice cold ice cream when the temperature is hitting 40s and then I pay some other rascals to ambush you while you are eating the ice-cream, so which one will you remember the effort of me buying an ice-cream or me buying someone behind you back to ambush you ? :D

here is what sartaj aziz was blabbering sometime ago.

@A-Team
For decades, Pakistan has been providing wheat but I haven't seen a single thread like this from any Afghanistani.

Yesterday I was hearing Habib Wardak, I don't know what post he held in Kabul. He was saying Pakistani govt didn't treat Afghan refugees as human and it didn't want them there in Pakistan.

If they were not treated as human how could they own businesses of millions from Peshawar to Karachi ? Have they tried doing such open business in Iran, while remaining refugee ?
Also, now give a try doing business in India and live there as refugee. Hope Habib Waradak's big mouth would be wide open after hearing reply of bania in India.

Hope Indian govt likes and loves these refugees. Why don't they just allow Afghanistani refugees in Pakistan to enter India and then let them live as citizens of their own while doing business along side ?

hehe, i can understand your pain and agony but

google more brother, there are thousands of afghans( if not million) In India who are residing in New Delhi , Kolkata, Bangalore, Pune, chandigarh etc etc happily and you will be surprised to see that those young afghans are pursuing MBA and Engineering from reputed institutions. it is just an example list is extensive . google more

hehe, i can understand your pain and agony but

google more brother, there are thousands of afghans( if not million) In India who are residing in New Delhi , Kolkata, Bangalore, Pune, chandigarh etc etc happily and you will be surprised to see that those young afghans are pursuing MBA and Engineering from reputed institutions. it is just an example list is extensive . google more

you google and tell me total numbers

@A-Team

You forgot to mention their people caught aboard in drug smuggling and unfortunately use Pakistani passport

Back
Top Bottom